Hello all,

I have been building recently a 1/10 scale SCORE Class 1 Buggy style vehicle. I have figured out all suspension geometry, caster angle and whatnot, but I would really like to be able to make the suspension not as bouncy.

So, I guess my question is, does anyone have good methods for damping shock absorbers so that they are still soft, but return their compression and don't take too much force to compress?

I have tested pneumatic cylinders, but they hold my springs from returning, and arent as soft as I'd like.

Thanks

Have you tried this? The more you slant them, the softer they get, with built-in air damping.

I've also tried using springs on axle alone, with a half-bush inserted at either end to absorb some bouncing energy. So if you're using stock Lego shocks, you can also add an axle with a half-bush, parallel to it - something like this:

Damping%20Lego%20Shock.jpg

Edited by PorkyMonster

That would be my suggestion as well, according what spring is used (small or big), you could try to use pneumatic cylinders: 6099775.jpg You should short circuit them by linking them together - or even the two inputs on itself. Only watch out, how you set up them: to slower the "kick" of the springs, I would make them "fix" in closed position, so as they are pulled, the relative vacuum works against the spring's force.

Still, setting a pump into the system is a good idea, as this cylinders leak a bit, so with time the effect will be gone.

@agrof so say for two rear shocks, I should use hose to connect the inputs and outputs to each other?

thanks all for replies!

Yes, might be a solution, or connect crosswise the two pneumatic cylinders. So far is the theory - practice must be experimented with many try. :classic: Can be a result, that there is no satisfying outcome, but we hope the opposite!

Edited by agrof