Hi all,

A long time has passed since I last posted something here, but I have been busy preparing this Project, which I will now present. It is still slightly WIP, but has already been to one exposition (Close to Bilbao, Spain)

Also be warned that this post holds a lot of big pictures. I tried to link to smaller versions of the pics, but it seems that the forum software maximizes them anyway...

IMG_2219

Royal Spanish Palace

Completed in 1912, in the city of Santander (Northern Spain).
Build by the Cantabrian government, as a residence for the royal family of Spain. It was a present.
Today a meeting place for conferences and meetings.
A protected historical monument since 1982.

My Lego version (minifig scale) is aimed at 1913, fitting the time-period of the popular spanish TV-series "Gran Hotel".

The LEGO-project is on-going, with numerous improvements to be done (especially the roofing) and will be given a fully detailed interior decoration; A few interior photos has been included in this presentation, although there is still a LOOONG way to go on that part...
The pohotos showed here are reduced versions of the full-resolution potos hosted on Flickr. Just click on each pic to Access it on Flickr.

IMG_2221IMG_2224IMG_2227IMG_2251

The South Entrance in all its splendor;

IMG_2234

The small white window-panes are 1mm wide stickers cut from the left-overs of hundreds of original Lego stickers.
Each "glass" uses 4 strips, and there are around 200 Windows of that type. All was done by hand.

The vehicles included, in order to help pin-point the 1913 epoch;

IMG_2231IMG_2236

All the vehicles are free fantasy. -Sorry for the people who are looking for exact miniature scale models ;-)

Now a few detail-views;

IMG_2246

IMG_2230

IMG_2232

...Notice the guy in the white suit removing his glove before saluting... ;-)

An areal view of the palace;

IMG_2243

A view of the setup for the photo-session;

IMG_2235

Now some pictures and plans of the REAL palace.
First, the arquitects vision, before actual construction began in 1908;

Plano_original_Magdalena

One of the many scheamtic drawings one can find on the web. I relied heavily on these, as they present the information "better" than real-life photos;

Gráfico_Magdalena

But of course a recent photo of the real thing should not be left out. I really think I nailed it, despite of the slightly "chibi" quality of the Lego build;

Airphoto_Magdalena

As I mentioned in the beginning; the Project is on-going. The part of the building I am making holds around 50 rooms/halls. And already more than 10 of these are done. -But I will present it once I finish. In any event here are a few pre-views;

IMG_2207

IMG_2209

Well, that is about it!
Thank you for reading this far, and coping with the many large photos. (There are even more pics of this build in Flickr)

Well, actually. In my opinion there can never be TOO MANY photos, so here´s a last one as a farewell pic;

IMG_2226

Ciao!

Edited by Hoexbroe

I only had a couple minutes to look through this now, but WOW!  It's really beautiful, and I think you have indeed captured the look very, very well.  The interior looks like it's going to be amazing as well.  Your fanciful vehicles are lovely, too.  :sweet:

Wow, this is an incredible build.

Recently, we have started a scale modelers (sub)forum. I will move this topic over there.

Thanks.

I am sorry for posting in the wrong fórum. -But to move it to a "LEGO Technic, Mindstorms & Model Team" subforum reallyu makes just NO sense at all to me. I could have understood the TOWN forum. Actually I was close to post it there myself.

11 hours ago, Hoexbroe said:

Thanks.

I am sorry for posting in the wrong fórum. -But to move it to a "LEGO Technic, Mindstorms & Model Team" subforum reallyu makes just NO sense at all to me. I could have understood the TOWN forum. Actually I was close to post it there myself.

Hi,

You posted it in the right forum, no worries. But we have created a Scale Modelers forum for outstanding scale models like these. We are testing this with a subforum, but we will most likely change this to be a main forum instead of a subforum. More news on that soon.

Impressive! The interior with the piano in looks amazing. This must have taken alot of time, any idea how many hours you have already put into this build?

Real stunning creation and very warm welcome here at Scale Modelers forum and is absolute the right place you post.:wub:

Wow! Really impressive - not only because of the enormous size but also all the fantastic details and techniques!

I also like the interior so far and I'm looking forward to see more :classic: