Hinckley

10257 Carousel

I started building this yesterday and it is a great building experience. However, the quality of some of the parts just isnt up to standard: bright ejection marks on the geen triangular, flash and noticable colour difference on the white parts. Does anyone else have this experience aswell? 

Edited by Hobbythom

On 4/29/2017 at 10:13 PM, Fuppylodders said:

How on earth is one supposed to keep up without selling both their kidneys?! I bought fairground mixer because I liked how it actually looked fun and could be packed away into its own little vehicle sets... Then they release the big wheel... Didnt plan on getting it but now they've released this beauty, I'll HAVE to get it  to start a little fairground... For all the modulars I've had to buy which are also not on the cheap side... Let alone the UCS  snowspeeder just being released, the amazing looking Saturn V ideas set, again, high price point, need to get the elves goblins set for a fun moc I want to do, let alone the Lego batman movie sets which just look so fun themselves, and they still have yet to release the batwing, and that ultimate batmobile thing...  And then the potential of the UCS mf... And the hopefully upcoming winter village set... I just don't even... 

I'll only have my soul left to sell to get all these decent sets!!! 

You should be buying the Lego Batman sets on offer up. I've seen every set on there for about 50% of retail 

Thanks for the second video.  This one has 12 repetitive pieces you build to make each section.  The original had 16....the original had a motor and battery pack included.  All that to say it's smaller but seems better designed for sure

Ordered mine May 22. Expected to have it May 25. Reading here, I feel I really missed out on the Grand Carousel (10196). 

BTW, do LEGO set numbers ever repeat themselves?

2 hours ago, Bernie56 said:

Ordered mine May 22. Expected to have it May 25. Reading here, I feel I really missed out on the Grand Carousel (10196). 

BTW, do LEGO set numbers ever repeat themselves?

I believe it's happened in the past (hence Bricklink and Brickset often identifying sets with a "-1" or "-2" after their number), but I'm pretty sure Lego generally tries to avoid it. Part of the reason why five-digit numbers were adopted across all themes as opposed to just for exclusives was to open up enough numbers so that Lego wouldn't need to repeat itself any time in the near future.

22 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

I believe it's happened in the past (hence Bricklink and Brickset often identifying sets with a "-1" or "-2" after their number), but I'm pretty sure Lego generally tries to avoid it. Part of the reason why five-digit numbers were adopted across all themes as opposed to just for exclusives was to open up enough numbers so that Lego wouldn't need to repeat itself any time in the near future.

Thank you. I was hoping they were unique and I guess those 5 digit numbers will help greatly.

I'm really fond of the color scheme of this carousel. It makes such a happy scene.

It would be nice to have a carousel in my city, but LEGO is releasing so much great sets lately I can't keep up anymore. There are some tough choices to make.

Does anyone know if there are pictures around of this carousel combined with the modulars. Regarding the dimensions and pictures with minifigures it looks the carousel is even bigger than some modulars, so I guess the carousel looks way oversized compared to them.

Trying to make a park moc so was wondering if this set fits on a 32x32 baseplate? 

If someone already placed it on one, can you share the picture? :)

Wife got us the caroussel!!

Really curious to build it. Not my first love (ninjago city was) but really love the caroussel aswell

A fast question. She ordered with the motor parts but one of them was on backorder.

Does lego ship everything together or will i receive the caroussel and one of the motor parts first and when its available they will send me the 2nd motor part?

Edited by just_one

Now that we will get a new rollercoaster soon, I'm thinking of making an amusement park... I already have the Ferris Wheel, and don't know what to do with this Carousel. I'm struggled with the scale, isn't this too large compared to modular buildings? I won't place them too close to my town. What do you think guys? I'm intrigued by this city and layout:

The Carousel is smaller than the Grand Carousel and goes well with the Ferris Wheel. Its base is 40 studs large, so less than Assembly Square (48) and more than other modulars (32). If you collect modulars, an amusement park is great to display with ? But the Ferris Wheel and the Carousel look quite oversized if you have 2-3 modulars only.