David Thomsen

Future LEGO Pirates Set Speculation

15 minutes ago, LOTR34 said:
24 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

...or, it won't even be a System-based theme at all, as some have previously speculated elsewhere that it could be a "constraction" based line (i.e. Bionicle/Hero Factory).

Now why you gotta rain on my parade? Can't a man hope for the best?

8 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

Well, at least my speculation was just based off set numbers, which sometimes can be all over the place.

I don't think it's Bionicle just per se just because of set numbers, there were Dimensions sets after that which Leaf is closer to.

There's just a ~300 number gap between Dimensions and Ninjago LEGO can use for something, and Leaf rumored set numbers are there.

2020 Ninjago set numbers made a big jump as well from the 706xx range to 717xx range.

2015 Pirates set numbers were only 5 apart from the last 2013 Castle set, and ended with 70413 Brick Bounty, which is followed up by Hidden Side 70418 JB Ghost Lab and that's neither a Castle or Pirate theme.

https://lego.fandom.com/wiki/Category:70000_sets for overview of set numbers.

True, and you have brought that up before, which still leaves us with pretty much nothing to work with at the moment unfortunately... :def_shrug: ...I suppose a question to be pondered regarding Lego's product lineup currently is whether it could use another Ninjago-sized in-house playtheme, or instead something "constraction" based. For that matter, is Lego even at all interested in pursuing a follow-up to either Bionicle or Nexo Knights? Could the "Leaf" theme be something else altogether? 

3 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Could the "Leaf" theme be something else altogether

I personally hope it's constraction, becuase if they don't do a new constraction theme now, they will likely never do a new one ever again. There is an entire part of the community out there that is struggling to survive because of the lack of Constraction sets, and this part of the community may soon vanish if a new Constraction theme doesn't come out soon.

With that being said, I also wouldn't mind if it's a system Pirates theme, either. But you know what would be better? If it were some sort of System and Constraction crossover, similar Knight's Kingdom 2. That would be awesome, and both Pirates and Constraction fans would be happy.

1 hour ago, Lego David said:

I personally hope it's constraction, becuase if they don't do a new constraction theme now, they will likely never do a new one ever again. There is an entire part of the community out there that is struggling to survive because of the lack of Constraction sets, and this part of the community may soon vanish if a new Constraction theme doesn't come out soon.

What are talking about *huh* Are there not star wars figs like that released all the time?

1 hour ago, Lego David said:

But you know what would be better? If it were some sort of System and Constraction crossover, similar Knight's Kingdom 2. That would be awesome, and both Pirates and Constraction fans would be happy.

I would definitely not be happy with some huge construction fig pirate and I do not think most other pirates fans would be either :hmpf: I actually would say that I rather have no pirates sets at all if they come as construction figs, because of the disappointment when i realize they are completely useless to me :pir-murder:

1 hour ago, Roebuck said:

What are talking about *huh* Are there not star wars figs like that released all the time?

No, those got discontinued back in 2018, and we haven't gotten any Constraction sets ever since.

1 hour ago, Roebuck said:

I would definitely not be happy with some huge construction fig pirate and I do not think most other pirates fans would be either :hmpf: I actually would say that I rather have no pirates sets at all if they come as construction figs, because of the disappointment when i realize they are completely useless to me

I mean, if LEGO made something like those MOCs, for example I would personally buy it day one:

48962437623_f3846343ff_c.jpg

1dd4383bfbabb956cefdb327b53ac77bb041db81_1_375x500.jpeg

1 hour ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

No Constraction, No 1HY release.

What do you mean? So it's confirmed not to be constraction? 

Edited by Lego David

46 minutes ago, Lego David said:

What do you mean? So it's confirmed not to be constraction? 

I can't confirm. If you trust me, Leaf is not a constraction. Confirmation may occur only once I have evidence and not very trustworthy rumours.

6 hours ago, Lego David said:

With that being said, I also wouldn't mind if it's a system Pirates theme, either. But you know what would be better? If it were some sort of System and Constraction crossover, similar Knight's Kingdom 2. That would be awesome, and both Pirates and Constraction fans would be happy.

I cannot see pirates fans being happy with constraction sets, "wasting" pirates sets on large buildable dolls. I cannot see any minfiigure based theme fans being happy with constraction sets. If they want to do constraction again, then better that they do some abstract / new theme, rather than trying to combine it with an existing one. They have done it with licensed themes such as SH and SW. They have done it with unlicensed such as Chima. Presumably they know if fans want the buildable dolls that recreate a particular character by now. I think they make sense for themes like Bionicle and Hero Factory, but for themes where a specific character is made then a regular non-LEGO doll (or action figure if you prefer) looks better and is often more playable than a buildable one.

4 hours ago, Roebuck said:

The last Buildable Star Wars Figures were released in 2018, and didn't return for 2019, hence leaving the "constraction" segment completely absent for this year.

2 hours ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

I can't confirm. If you trust me, Leaf is not a constraction. Confirmation may occur only once I have evidence and not very trustworthy rumours.

So, we can presume that "Leaf" is System-based by default? Do you perhaps know whether it's aimed towards boys or girls? Is it definitely an unlicensed, in-house theme?

Breaking news: Leaf is Pirate themed.
However it is not a traditional wave as such, being mostly made up of polybags, battle/accessory pack and promo-type minifigs. Slated as giveaways/ gift with purchase for the Legoland Year of the Pirate event(s).

sauce: my fetid and evil imagination. muahaha!

8 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

The last Buildable Star Wars Figures were released in 2018, and didn't return for 2019, hence leaving the "constraction" segment completely absent for this year.

So, we can presume that "Leaf" is System-based by default? Do you perhaps know whether it's aimed towards boys or girls? Is it definitely an unlicensed, in-house theme?

No, I don't know, but I have been told it's an in-house theme.

2 hours ago, Masked Mini said:

Breaking news: Leaf is Pirate themed.
However it is not a traditional wave as such, being mostly made up of polybags, battle/accessory pack and promo-type minifigs. Slated as giveaways/ gift with purchase for the Legoland Year of the Pirate event(s).

sauce: my fetid and evil imagination. muahaha!

You had me going for a moment there. Both a high and a low.

All this speculation and rumour is a real rollercoaster. I wish we had some details already.

2 minutes ago, leafan said:

You had me going for a moment there. Both a high and a low.

All this speculation and rumour is a real rollercoaster. I wish we had some details already.

We won't have for at least 3 or 4 months.

Just now, Itaria No Shintaku said:

Ok, thanks for giving a timescale.

Any news on when we might see a reveal for the Pirate Bay?

Just now, leafan said:

Ok, thanks for giving a timescale.

Any news on when we might see a reveal for the Pirate Bay?

I thought it to be already revealed at this point. I'm quite surprised.

Just now, Itaria No Shintaku said:

I thought it to be already revealed at this point. I'm quite surprised.

Hopefully soon then. I'm curious to see what the price tag will be since this is a definite purchase for me.

22 minutes ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

What about Toy Fair though?The Nuremberg TF opens at the end of january,I expect we might hear about this theme there.And if not there then definitely during the New York TF during february.

1 minute ago, LOTR34 said:

What about Toy Fair though?The Nuremberg TF opens at the end of january,I expect we might hear about this theme there.And if not there then definitely during the New York TF during february.

You are right about that... but I'm still cautious

So long as the Pirate Bay is under $300 i'm in for one.
I absolutely need to mod it with a mini-me and a computer hidden somewhere. Need to print a custom tile with the Pirate Bay logo for the screen.
How serious about it am I? Well I bought the baseplate the original model was built on just in case lego decided not to pick it up. I AM GETTING a Pirate bay... if it's the last thing I brick!

Well if the Pirate Bay is going to cost over 200€ then that will be a no for me.Hell I love the PotC theme but I skipped over the Silent Mary because that set was bloody expensive.

Edited by LOTR34

6 minutes ago, LOTR34 said:

Well if the Pirate Bay is going to cost over 200€ then that will be a no for me.Hell I love the PotC theme but I skipped over the Silent Mary because that set was bloody expensive.

I'll just hawk-eye it and hope it's a Black Friday sale item.

2 hours ago, Masked Mini said:

So long as the Pirate Bay is under $300 i'm in for one.
I absolutely need to mod it with a mini-me and a computer hidden somewhere. Need to print a custom tile with the Pirate Bay logo for the screen.
How serious about it am I? Well I bought the baseplate the original model was built on just in case lego decided not to pick it up. I AM GETTING a Pirate bay... if it's the last thing I brick!

I wish I could thumb-up or favorite comments, just for this.

But yeah, I'm holding my bet/wager at Spring 2020; to coinside with 'Year of the Pirate' at Legoland.

3 hours ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:
3 hours ago, LOTR34 said:

What about Toy Fair though? The Nuremberg TF opens at the end of january,I expect we might hear about this theme there. And if not there then definitely during the New York TF during february.

You are right about that... but I'm still cautious

Well, August's Hidden Side was officially announced and unveiled at February's 2019 New York Toy Fair, so... :shrug_oh_well:

Just now, Digger of Bricks said:

Well, August's Hidden Side was officially announced and unveiled at February's 2019 New York Toy Fair, so... :shrug_oh_well:

Yea I'm betting that's also when this new 'leaf' theme will be revealed.

And also next year is the 'Year of the Pirate' according to legoland.Hm the plot thickens :pir-grin:

Price wise i'd expect atleast USD$ 199.99, probably 249.99.
I think the base ideas model was a bit over 2200pcs right?
$0.10/brick estimate as it's not licensed, probably wont have any new molds unless hull, mast or rigging molds are worn out.
Expecting the new style on all, sadly. I much prefer the old 80's masts to the new half sided masts but that ship has sailed.
The treehouse used a ton of brown bricks, a few hundred more bricks than the ideas Bay BUT no specialized large plastic pieces like hull and masts.
Probably comes out similar by weight of ABS which is, I believe, how TLG most likely prices sets as opposed to straight piece count.
Treehouse is what 199.99?