PeroTheLegoman

[MOD] Black Knight's Castle upgrade 6086

Hi everybody! :)

Here is by some one of the most beautiful LEGO castle sets. I would agree with that statement and add a twist to it, my twist :)
So here is my "upgrade" (hopefully not a downgrade) to the classic Black Knight's Castle set (Btw the big boxy tower in the background is an electrical switch cover for the lighting actually and not directly connected with the castle, but built in more or less the same style)

32767131716_5cb2295c2c_c.jpg

31964977844_fcd44e1abe_c.jpg

32807867275_8444b872ab_c.jpg

31964977064_44981c5342_c.jpg

32654557682_f84c351347_c.jpg

Hope you enjoy it and give comments and/or ideas

Edited by PeroTheLegoman

A nice and moderate overhaul. You stay very true to the original material, but give it a lot more realistic appearance with the diverse buildings and lovely rocky base. It looks almost like it jumped out of one of their ideas-catalogue of the early 90s. Just the trees are a bit close to the castle. They would have made a clearance to have free sight and make it harder for a siege-army to get over the wall. But enough of that nickpicking. Its a great build and the pictures are very well done! :classic: :thumbup:

Nicely done.  I like 90's feel of the build.  The landscaping is well done and the figure posing is good.  What faction is on the siege engine on the side of the castle with the Hun warrior helmet?

Yes I'd agree they are a bit too close, but all the other scences are connected here and the trees are actually there to separate the scenes visualy from one another.

The one with the round shields are the "barbaric" allies to the attackers :)

Amazing!

I love especially your "brickbuilt" baseplate replacement! It really does look amazing. And of course the "additional" houses at your keep. It just looks so fitting, so whole. And the gargoyle on your gatehouse of course. Great job. <3

Edited by josykay

I love it!

I do a lot of the same thing with my own sets, take an original and "add stuff" to make it look better. This is beautiful and well done. I have this castle myself and will have to steal some of these ideas :)

I think you did a great job with your upgrade there.  It's simple, but effective and matches the style of the original build while also adding a few new details.

I really love how classic it looks, and the different heights of the building sections make it feel really lively. Great use of that gargoyle too!