The lego fan

Ideas for new Lego themes! (Non-licensed)

1 hour ago, dimitri_bricks said:

"Time travelers", a group of aventurers / scientits studying history by traveling in differents times of Earth (this includes the future), the main objective is to not interfere...

We can have these travelers in different pariods ancient egypt, roma, atlantis, prehistory, maya, middle ages, dinosaur times, spatial age...

I always love time traveling stoies! I will show you my “timequake” idea - it’s the ideal theme I came up with last year so I would like to share with you. See below:

On 2/13/2022 at 11:54 AM, Lion King said:

My theme idea is…Timequake! You know Time Cruisrs theme (back in 90s) was pretty simple and plain but no historic feature?!

Tim (old character from Time Cruisers) has fratneral twins, Timmy and Tammy, helping the elderly Dr. Cyber with his research that relates to time paradox aka “timequake”. Suddenly, a new villian, Dr. Cyber’s traitor assistant, Dr. Para Dox steals a latest time machine. 

Dr. Dox’s intention is to create alternate timeline that would cause a timequake. He goes to steal some precious objects across time periods.

For example, he and his gang steal King Leo’s crown and hand it over to his enemy and put robots into Middle Age. And he also steals Captian RedBeard’s most valuable treasure and gifts it to his archenemies and unleashes a Mosaurus that would destory any private ships. Dr. Dox goes to Wild West time period to sabotage sheriff’s plan to allow outlaws escape and put evil knights into small towns to aid outlaws. In a feudal Japan, his minions kidnap a samuri to allow an evil samuari, riding T-rex. 

With Dr. Dox’s actions, it will cause a grat timequake in history ever. 

Dr. Cyber is too old to reverse the timeline, it’s up to Timmy and Tammy!

I have been thinking about submitting my idea to LEGO via World Builder but I don’t have any model (due to my low vision so it’s difficult for see what I bild). I mean Timequake theme sounds really cool and wicked. It could have everything kids and adults would love. I mean, I put some in-house themes into one theme.

The follwoing in-house theme I put together into one theme since they represent time period:

Time Cruiser / City - Present Day

Dino - Mesozoic Period 

Western (theme) - Wild West 

Castle - Middle Age

Pirates - 16th/17th Centuries (known as Godlen Age of Pirates)

Adventurers - 1920s, 1930s or 1940s

Ninja (theme) - 1185 - 1603 CE

Atlantis - Golden Age of Philosphy (around 600 BCE)

Vikings (theme) - Viking Age

Rock Raider / Classic Space / Blckthron - Distant Future 

It would a great idea but a written description would be accepted if I don’t do a mode

Edited by Lion King

1 hour ago, Lion King said:

Dude… I just said prequel to Atlantis theme. 

Plus, I never described Poseidon and Neptunia as “merpeople”. They would be the human king and queen while their kingdom was populated by humans before merpeople took over that city when it sank. 

I´ve read that you wrote that. Just that doesn´t make it a better idea. When you want to sell people an Atlantis they will want an sunken City with seapeople. If you want to sell an unsunken Atlantis, it would need a Movie it is based on or something IMO.

As for Poseidon and Neptunia. Well their names speak for themselves ;). People will just have expectation with these names. 

12 minutes ago, Black Falcon said:

I´ve read that you wrote that. Just that doesn´t make it a better idea. When you want to sell people an Atlantis they will want a sunken City with seapeople. If you want to sell an unsunken Atlantis, it would need a Movie it is based on or something IMO.

We already had the Atlantis theme in early 2010s - i don’t think they were sold well then?

but it’s pointless since I love sharing my ideas wiht others here and you assumed my idea won’t be sold well… Whatever. 

Edited by Lion King

5 minutes ago, Lion King said:

We already had the Atlantis theme in early 2010s - i don’t think they were sold well then?

No idea, you would have to ask Lego about that. But I doubt an Atlantis that is on the Surface would sell better than one under the sea ;).

36 minutes ago, Black Falcon said:

No idea, you would have to ask Lego about that. But I doubt an Atlantis that is on the Surface would sell better than one under the sea ;).

Hmm.. interesting that you don’t know if Atlantis theme was sold well but you still doubt an on-surface Atlantis idea is not going to be sold well. I’m shocked (sarcastically). 

Anyways, this is the thread where we share our ideas which it’s fun. But you keep telling me it won’t be sold well.  Well, whatever fights your boat … *shrugs8

Edited by Lion King

5 hours ago, Black Falcon said:

Wouldn´t a sunken Atlantis kinda make more sense, when Poseidon and Neptunia rule it especially? Also a sunken Atlantis with waterpeople would just sell better IMO

@Lion King was talking about a Pirates theme wasn't he? How are pirates supposed to interact with a sunken Atlantis? Pirates never had deep sea diving equipment.

On 9/3/2023 at 10:31 AM, SpacePolice89 said:

That almost happened with the cancelled Seatron subtheme but for some reason they cancelled it. Personally I don't like alien minifigures (especially ones with moulded heads) but such subthemes can still be considered Space but not Classic Space.

Out of curiosity, what about the aliens with brick-built heads from Idea Book 6000 (identified as the "Zark Empire" in the 1980s Captain Indigo comics from LEGO Bricks & Pieces Magazine)? While they did not appear in sets, they were still "official" Classic Space era designs. And although they didn't use unique head molds, they didn't use traditional minifig heads, either!

Alien characters like these (and those portrayed in other LEGO Space promotional media of the Classic Space era, like "De LEGO Krant" or the Jim Spaceborn comics) are one of the main reasons that I tend to disagree about aliens being entirely incompatible with Classic Space. Even if LEGO didn't intend for alien encounters to be a normal or commonplace occurrence for Classic Space astronauts, publications like these suggest that they weren't in any way opposed to that possibility.

On another note, what about the Minifigures Series 22 Space Creature? That one uses a traditional minifig head, but also a headgear piece to represent additional alien features like stalk-eyes (much like how several fantasy-themed collectable minifigs have used headgear pieces to add non-human features like horns or pointed ears). Is that closer to something you'd be comfortable with, or do you have the same amount of dislike for it as for more specialized head molds?

20 minutes ago, danth said:

@Lion King was talking about a Pirates theme wasn't he? How are pirates supposed to interact with a sunken Atlantis? Pirates never had deep sea diving equipment.

Thank you!

55 minutes ago, danth said:

Just because the City is sunken, doesn´t mean the inhabitants can´t swim, does it? Anyways, my point was that when people imagine Atlantis, they expect a sunken city - so when there would be a new Atlantis Set, Lego would for sure make it an under water setting ;)

Aside from that I don´t see anything that would speak against and Fantasy Pirate Setting with Seapeople, Atlanteans etc (if we leave aside, that we could be happy, when Lego would even do any kind of Pirate, Castle, Space etc. Series, sadly)

This dude has no idea what he’s saying… This thread is about sharing fun non-licenseneeded ideas. It’s my idea, my story. I don’t care what he thinks about “on-surface” Atantis.Damn, I literally said (kinda) “prequel” to Atlantis theme.  Like…how piratess find an unseen Atlantis BEFORe the island city sank. It’s clearly i made a lot sense how pirates discovered the uncharted sea (Hidden Side) and (yet sunken) Atlantis. 

I feel that Black Falcon’s actions is distasteful and disrepeful when it comes to my non-licensed theme idea. It’s just fun sharing ideas here….I mean will Lego buy my ide a for real?? No, it’s just fun sharing my idea here. He literally doesn’t know what he is talking about. So damn rude of Black Falcon. He needs to chill out. Jsut damn chill out.

Eurobricks Community and Moderator, I apologize for tthe posts me a this dude. Black Falcon, I’m not sorry. Heck no, I’m not sorry.

Edited by Lion King

10 hours ago, dimitri_bricks said:

"Time travelers", a group of aventurers / scientits studying history by traveling in differents times of Earth (this includes the future), the main objective is to not interfere...

We can have these travelers in different pariods ancient egypt, roma, atlantis, prehistory, maya, middle ages, dinosaur times, spatial age...

If they are doing historical I would not want to see Atlantis in it. It is fine for a mythological fantasy theme but not if they are doing other sets based on history. If doing something like Atlantis, they might as well do mythological Greek or Roman, Egyptian,  Norse, Chinese, and so on. Explore their mythology rather than history. 

6 hours ago, Lion King said:

This thread is about sharing fun non-licenseneeded ideas. It’s my idea, my story. I don’t care what he thinks about “on-surface” Atantis.Damn, I literally said (kinda) “prequel” to Atlantis theme.  Like…how piratess find an unseen Atlantis BEFORe the island city sank. It’s clearly i made a lot sense how pirates discovered the uncharted sea (Hidden Side) and (yet sunken) Atlantis. 

This is a forum, so discussions about Ideas and such are quite normal IMO. Anyways, I can assure you I didn´t mean to belittle your idea in any way. If it felt to you like I was, I am sorry. 

10 hours ago, Aanchir said:

Out of curiosity, what about the aliens with brick-built heads from Idea Book 6000 (identified as the "Zark Empire" in the 1980s Captain Indigo comics from LEGO Bricks & Pieces Magazine)? While they did not appear in sets, they were still "official" Classic Space era designs. And although they didn't use unique head molds, they didn't use traditional minifig heads, either!

Alien characters like these (and those portrayed in other LEGO Space promotional media of the Classic Space era, like "De LEGO Krant" or the Jim Spaceborn comics) are one of the main reasons that I tend to disagree about aliens being entirely incompatible with Classic Space. Even if LEGO didn't intend for alien encounters to be a normal or commonplace occurrence for Classic Space astronauts, publications like these suggest that they weren't in any way opposed to that possibility.

On another note, what about the Minifigures Series 22 Space Creature? That one uses a traditional minifig head, but also a headgear piece to represent additional alien features like stalk-eyes (much like how several fantasy-themed collectable minifigs have used headgear pieces to add non-human features like horns or pointed ears). Is that closer to something you'd be comfortable with, or do you have the same amount of dislike for it as for more specialized head molds?

It's difficult to establish what is what is official lore (if such a thing even exists for older themes) and what is not because different regions have different names for sets and figures and byproducts like comics and advertising. Personally I only consider sets and catalogs as reliable information. But this is what is great about Lego from this era, almost everything is up to you and your imagination. I think the Series 22 Space Creature looks funny but I wouldn't include it in my Classic Space/Futuron builds. Maybe with UFO or Insectoids? But I definitely like the Space Creature!