Sir Gareth

The LEGO Batman Movie Set/CMF Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

Well, the difference being that the Joker has been an integral part of the mythos and is about as light or as dark as need be. Lex Luthor stole forty cakes but he also shot a woman in the face at point blank. Tarantula JUST raped Nightwing. That's it. There's literally nothing else of note she's done. You can't look past that because there's nothing else to look at.

Causing the breakup of Nightwing and Barbara Gordon and also teamed up with Batman to take down the Penguin, taking down Deadshot, Trickster and Killer Croc all by herself. You make it seem like she came in, raped Nightwing then left forever

But back on topic... Does anyone know if this GCPD pack will be released in UK, and if so where it may be obtained from?

8 hours ago, AgentKallus of Hydra said:

Is the disco batman,tears of batman poly only with dc lego products or with any £50 purchase from the Lego shop?

Looking at the store catalogue/newsletter it only says "free with a £50 purchase" and I cannot see any terms specifying it to be Batman/DC purchases.

I have avoided buying a couple of Batman sets I would like just in case, but have other sets I would rather buy first if I can. 

38 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

But back on topic... Does anyone know if this GCPD pack will be released in UK, and if so where it may be obtained from?

Interested in this too if anybody knows? Annoyingly I'm in London Leicester Square the day before the Disco Bats offer starts then by my nearest Lego store the day it ends.. I don't fancy risking it on the last day though! I might take a trip to my local store when the offer is on and see if the GCPD pack is in store along with the regular key rings. I certainly can't find either on their website.

EDIT - scrap that, I've just seen this on Reddit!

Somebody just posted this on Reddit. Disco Bats already available and the GCPD pack! UK Leicester Square store.

Edited by Captain Britain

I'll be popping into my local Lego store in the morning to check on the availability of the GCPD figure pack. I want one for the figures as they are and one for customs. 

Ill be interested to know if they're issuing this polybags early too. Shame he couldn't spell Leicester.

45 minutes ago, Robianco said:

I'll be popping into my local Lego store in the morning to check on the availability of the GCPD figure pack. I want one for the figures as they are and one for customs. 

Ill be interested to know if they're issuing this polybags early too. Shame he couldn't spell Leicester.

Let me know how you get on @Robianco

4 hours ago, Mat099 said:

Would you be kind enough to keep me update about the canadian price for the Gotham City Police Department Pack?

Absolutely. It's kind of hard to say how much I spent... But it was $16.99 for one. I bought too but I'm not sure if I'm going to keep the second or sell it. 

Oh on an interesting side note. I asked the employee today what is the gift if I find the Batman in the store. She said that I wasn't the first adult to come in asking about it and that on the first day it came out there were a lot of adults coming in and finding it and asking for the Batsignal but she said that they were really for kids... Anyways they only got a few and they ran out the first day so now they're giving out Batman masks. 

I asked her also if she knew when they would be getting the Battlepods and she wasn't sure what I was talking about. The only thing I could think to describe it was like those circular magnets with the Star Wars and Super Hero figures :grin:

I just noticed that the cop with the dual mold legs has printing that makes it look like he's wearing a trench coat! I've been wanting an outfit like that for my GCPD since that's similar to how they appeared in the Tim Burton films, now I need that pack!

17 minutes ago, julesvincent said:

The pic from Leicester Square also shows the Disco/Tears poly. 

Interesting, because it isn't due to be released for another week. 

Off to the Leicester Square store now - I'll let you lot know if they've still got the poly on offer!

Edited by AyliffeMakit

3 hours ago, AyliffeMakit said:

Off to the Leicester Square store now - I'll let you lot know if they've still got the poly on offer!

If they do, could you also check if it has to be £50 of Lego Batman Movie stuff, or just £50 in general.

As far as I can tell it's just 50 quid, but want to be sure. 

Edit: I've managed to answer my own questions. I have just visited my local store and know 2 things:

1. Leicester Square must either have special permission or have broken the rules to give them out early.
  2. You can spend £50 on any Lego you want to get the free 2-pack of Batmans. The assistant manager confirmed it for me.
Edited by nikhkin

I got a couple of the GCPD packs yesterday. Closer to $12, and they only had one more behind them.

Didnt even think about the disco/clown poly, as I've been planning on making an online order for that anyways.

Leicester Square must have special permission to do this early. The other Lego stores around here are NOT doing this early.

I went in and bought a set and got the free Batmans. I totally forgot somehow to buy the police minifigure sets... :| I don't know how I spaced on that. Guess I'll buy them when they go online! I might get more Disco Batmans later.

Mine came with 1x extra golden roller skate and 1x extra purple utility belt. 

Just visited and yep, the offer's definitely on and it's for spending £50 on anything. Also according to the labels, the GCPD character pack is £7 in the UK which isn't that bad of a price.

It'll be sold online thought right? Darned Lego store is an hour away haha. Cannot believe I forgot :/.

4 minutes ago, BrickG said:

It'll be sold online thought right? Darned Lego store is an hour away haha. Cannot believe I forgot :/.

Yes, it'll be available through any official Lego store, including the website. 

The Deputy Manager at the Liverpool Store knew nothing about them and was under the impression Leicester Square may have decided to sell them early, maybe due to stock movement.

I'll be back at the store on Thursday so maybe see if they have any then.

Just now, Robianco said:

The Deputy Manager at the Liverpool Store knew nothing about them and was under the impression Leicester Square may have decided to sell them early, maybe due to stock movement.

Was that the GCPD pack or the poly bag?

GCPD pack. They know about the poly but will only be giving it away during the official promo period. She thought that they may get the GCPD in time for the Feb promo if Leicester Square are selling now. She also said she'd enquire and let me know what she finds out when I see her on Thursday.

30 minutes ago, Robianco said:

GCPD pack. They know about the poly but will only be giving it away during the official promo period. She thought that they may get the GCPD in time for the Feb promo if Leicester Square are selling now. She also said she'd enquire and let me know what she finds out when I see her on Thursday.

Ah ok cool. Cheers for the update!

Just now, Robianco said:

Was that the GCPD pack or the poly bag?