Mestari

[MOC] Mountain Hut (in 90's style)

I was on vacation some time ago and I stayed with my family. They had some old LEGO from the 90's, mostly City and Western. Of course I had to tackle this mass of plastic to see what can be done :)

So, it's not my usual build, but it gave me a lot of fun and some appreciation for the parts palette we have today :)

I'm sorry for the picture quality, I did not have any white background save for the table cloth with lots of patterns on it ;)

20160919_003600.jpg

20160919_003614.jpg

Full gallery is here: http://bricksafe.com/pages/Mestari/mountain-hut---retro-style

Edited by Mestari

Thanks , there is some minimal furniture and the top can be taken off. You can see it in the gallery . 

That's a nice classic built and from what I see, you might have somehow being inspired by both of these sets to make it your own MOC. I like it, especially on how you able to use this rare baseplate. 

6552-1.jpg

31025-1.jpg?201311120827

This really is old school, a nice way to remember the 90's and appreciate the parts selection of 2010's. Looks like you had a good time.

Yeah, like others said: Oldschool! :thumbup: I like it. May favourites are parts and sets from the 80ies and 90ies, so this pretty much hits my sweet spot. Cool MOC and nice use of the BURPs :sweet:

wow. just lovely!

14 hours ago, Capparezza said:

Yeah, like others said: Oldschool! :thumbup: I like it. May favourites are parts and sets from the 80ies and 90ies, so this pretty much hits my sweet spot. Cool MOC and nice use of the BURPs :sweet:

this hits my sweet spot too.. inspiring and makes me want to revisit some of my own renditions of forest men!

Thank you, indeed it was good to sit among the old stuff and immerse in the 80/90 plastic ;)

I like BURPs but only in this setting . It feels at home here.