Kwatchi

[SR - MCRA] Jun-Sep '616 - Business as Usual

King's Port Advisor Vol. 1 Issue 6

Kwatchi Donatus – Results: No dice.

September 15, 616 - North Dock, Lowtown, Charalatan Bay

The north dock in Lowtown is used exclusively by the pirate captains that make Charlatan Bay their berth.  It is located both next to a number of warehouses that store supplies that allow for a quick refit and replenishment of a ship's stores, and is close to one of the Porter Guild's lift baskets which allows quick traveling up to Hightown for those affluent Captains who can afford to live away from the denizens at the base of the cliffs.  This dock is one of the few guarded by the Ashen Guard, which keeps losses to thieves at a minimum and the gangs avoid it on the understanding the Bishop will take any interference in this operation as an act of aggression and react accordingly.

nzZdQXl.jpg

Welcome back to Charlatan Bay your Grace.  I hope that your 3 month cruise proved fruitful!

Blast fate for the fickle wench she is! We saw nary single sail during the whole venture and I don't have two coins to rub together to show for the effort.  Were it not for the six plotters I shot during the trip, the crew would be in even a poorer mood for it all.

Colonel Muscat, a pleasure to see you once again.

Sir! Welcome home sir.

TPAjQ9S.jpg

Yes, yes.  Walk and talk with me gentlemen.  I am long overdue to make me obeisances at the Hightown Chapel and I am looking forward to a nice relaxing evening in my study.  How has Charlatan Bay fared in my absence Mayor Morris?

UFsLVSj.jpg

Very well your Holiness.  The civil improvements you ordered for Hightown continue to progress, and while Lowtown continues to grow.  As you ordered, the Colonel and I have reduced the guard patrols to a minimum but still managed to keep the crime limited to populace and away from the dockside warehouses through the use of sentries.  The Colonel's men have also begun construction of the San Millar battery.

And I have news from abroad! The Eslandolan King has gone mad and declared war on Oleon.  This has led to civil strife in the colonies on Nelissa and a revolt is rumoured as well as an unsupported private war on Mardier.  One of the Corrish traders who put in yesterday was quite talkative and mentioned his government has closed their ports to both kingdoms, which should mean more profit for the smugglers.

And most importantly your Holiness, a state envoy made a stopover this past week and left you this message.

sGtKkdO.jpg

Hmmmmm

7ZiYeMU.jpg

Change of plans Gentlemen!  Boy, head back to ship and inform Mr. Moore he has until evening tide to replenish the stores and make ready to set sail.  Should he fail, I'll have him flogged around the fleet.  Mr. Morris, please assist both Mr. Moore and Captain Amara with finding the needed supplies.

Colonel Muscat, please come with me.  I require you to detach a company of marines to my fleet for this voyage and I'd like to see where you have sited this new fort of yours.  After which I'll be heading to my study to pen a response to this most entertaining of offers and I'll expect my dinner to ready for me Mr. Morris.

SUimmuU.jpg

What's the matter boy?  We've plenty of time and I'm sure we'll succeed and avoid any... repercussions from the Bishop.

It's not that sir.  It was simply that every time he gets that look, something terrible occurs.

Nonsense! What look do you mean?

He was smiling sir.

Sometimes I wonder which side the gods are on.

---

While I had hoped to get this out by the 15th and the new MCRA, real life does rear its head at times.  If you have a keen eye, you'll note that I used the cliff face from my mine exploration build earlier this month in the bigger rockface.  With my limited parts, and needing to use that cliff face for the eventual mine build, I decided to cheat a bit.

I will be licensing this dock scene as a medium commercial property, though I don't think I will bother with the skiff.  I actually built the boat for a stop motion movie my wife and daughter did this past summer and just never got around to pulling it apart.

EXTRA PHOTOS

Y4wMkEf.jpg

0iHLmK6.jpg

Unnamed Skiff

ISoZUsj.jpg

e8hzuWt.jpg

---

Edited by Kwatchi

I really like this build and story! I did notice the SNOT rock wall, and I like it even better in this build than the original. Perhaps because it is broken up by the structure (warehouse? office? guard house?). I really like the long dock with all the different browns used. Excellent! The little section of dark tan beach is good, too. And the story is a nice update on the settlement and a connection to current in-game events. Well done all-around! :thumbup:

Great job on the whole MOC. The pier looks just as it should, and you show some great rockwork.

The waves work out nicely, though I think either a third wave or maybe some tiny waves inbetween would have added even more to the MOC, but I guess that might be lack of bricks? Anyway, what's there looks great.

The small wooden hut looks fantastic, and the palm-leaf-roof adds the nice flair.

Great looking dock scene. I love the atmosphere of this build, really piratey! The Ashen Guard looks very impressive as well. Great job!

This method of rock work looks really good in this larger front. I think maybe it just melds together better than in the smaller build. Anyway I really like it this time. The dock is the eye catcher here. It is nice and long, as well as varied to make it realistic. Like the part usage of the chocolate frosting. 

This build is paired with a well written story. It makes me look forward to finding out the mystery of what made him smile. Keep up the great work. 

Great rockwork, and the overall picture made an immediate impression. Good to see the rats waking up. We all know how it goes if the rats jump ship ;)