Sign in to follow this  
Hexx

Nocturnus Minichallenge II: Lost Temple Of B'deesh

Somewhere deep in Moruth...

Covered by the leaves lies the Temple of B'deesh, The Great Wyrm

00_zpsmqqyrcma.jpg

The Master Ritualist speaks:

"Acolytes, you have shown tremendous zeal and loyalty, thus you have been deemed worthy in the eyes of B'deesh"

01_zps6nnnakxm.jpg

The statue from the ages passed looms above the temple

10_zpsfw2k4e1g.jpg

though the temple itself had fallen into ruin and is overgrown by swamp weed and wines the statue is untouched by the elements

11_zpsmp1lrgoh.jpg

12_zpsn3obwrl8.jpg

Since the Cult reappeared, restoration of the temple began, but there is much work ahead...

03_zpsrm0jigpu.jpg

The enterier is still in ruins so the rituals are taking place on the temple entrance

Master Ritualist speaks once more:

"Now your final trial stands before you, drink the blood of the dragon and your ascension will commence. Are you prepered to go all the way?"

02_zpsyxt7oeoq.jpg

"Yes, we are prepared, Master Ritualist!" - the Acolytes respond

20_zpsfhttucup.jpg

"Then drink Acolytes! Drink and become Ascended!"

21_zpsmaaplubr.jpg

First Acolyte sips from the cup, blood of the dragon is worm, almost scorching in his mouth...

22_zpsmgknmqzi.jpg

Then, he felt like his insides erupted in flame, his blood is boiling, his mind is in agony, he drops the cup...

23_zpseis3ysaw.jpg

Then suddenly, everything stops! His body is strong, his mind is focused, his will is iron, his blood is now fire and he is born again with one sole purpose - to be the

instrument of his master's will.

24_zpsqyqbjh37.jpg

"Arise Ascended one!" - Master Ritualist speaks - "Arise and bring your fire to the world!"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Naturally, this temple is a place of worship for Black Spire members (Valyrian shock troopers make very good Acolytes), though Resistance folk are welcome to be sacrificed here.

Edited by Hexx

Great entry Hexx, the shaping of that statue is really impressive! The vines and foliage are excellent as well, and I like the alternating black slopes at the top :thumbup:

I do think the ground could use a little more texturing though; just some small plates/tiles would help with that :classic:

18 minutes ago, LittleJohn said:

Great entry Hexx, the shaping of that statue is really impressive! The vines and foliage are excellent as well, and I like the alternating black slopes at the top :thumbup:

I do think the ground could use a little more texturing though; just some small plates/tiles would help with that :classic:

Thanks LittleJohn!

Yeah, you are probably right about the ground texturing, maybe I could've elevated everything for another plate level then do a bit more decorating, but didn't have that much space and kinda left that part "boring" on purpose to keep the focus on the ritual and the temple itself.

Also, I'm trying to finish the first minichallenge so time is also a factor here. :pir-sweet:

Anyway, I really enjoyed building this, so I'm probably gonna build a bigger and more detailed version when all the minichallenges are complete. Afterall, a cult needs its base of operations :devil:

Edited by Hexx

The dragon head is particularly nice! I love that feature. As a whole I think the build has a lot of promise, but it seems slightly lacking in the details that really make a building "pop", that give it the "wow" factor. These are details like the tiling that LJ mentioned on the ground (LittleJohn, as well as his brother, SoccerKid6, are some of the builders you want to look at and pay close attention to for their details), as well as some sort of more refined transition between the building and the roof, instead of just a plate stuck on top with one stud of overhang. They are also details that require more pieces, especially small pieces like cheese slopes, and take time and patience to perfect, but they really bring a build from the "that's nice" category to the "that's amazing" category. However, I really do like what you have done here and think that it looks good. The vines growing up the building are well-layered, and, as I said before, that dragon head is great, especially the layered angle pieces on the snout. Keep up the good work!

Really effective use of those dark bley/bley spike parts :thumbup: Neat archway detailing as well. Obviously the stand out section is the dragon's head though :wub:

A solid white background would help show off the build better. Sheets of posterboard, or cloth are cheap ways to make a background :classic:

Thanks for the feedback guys! I really appreciate your comments and will try to up my game.