ericb

LEPIN brings out Monster Fighters HAUNTED HOUSE (16007)

I've also brasso'd off Lego ink and it's immediately harder wearing but also has different levels of robustness. Some come away much easier than others.

I have Lego figures from the 80s. One thing I remember from when I was young, was that within a few years, a lot of the figures I had (original police, space guys, as well as some printed bricks like the red cross hospital wall plates) the ink had worn off some of them.

Today after the news about the upcoming STAR WARS Ewok Village, LEPIN will release the awesome Haunted House too :classic:

I think it's a good information for you because the original Haunted House cost arround 300 to $400

Price for the LEPIN Haunted House will be arround 50 to $65 including shipping like all CREATOR modular buildings

No release date yet

I will post more informations soon...

yhzlnpm8.jpg

Edited by Florian_Wayne

Will this company ever have an original idea that isn't copied directly from Lego? I find their business practices cheap and lazy. Who cares how inexpensive it is? Buying it is like buying items you know are stolen. And If you buy it you are encouraging them to rip off the hard work of the designers who work for Lego.

If they want to sell bricks and peices, fine. We all know Lego didn't invent the interlocking brick system. But taking all the artwork and design and profiting from it is a really jerky/unethical thing to do.

We all know Lego didn't invent the interlocking brick system. But taking all the artwork and design and profiting from it is a really jerky/unethical thing to do.

Agree.... I mean they only changed the logo

What can they get away with this?

Agree.... I mean they only changed the logo

What can they get away with this?

As I said in another thread, it is meant for chinese consumption. Not really for people outside China even though you can buy it there. Also, Enlighten started by copying Lego to build themselves up, get some experience and capital and now they're making original designs, which in my mind, are actually pretty decent.

http://enlighten-brick.com/city.html

http://enlighten-brick.com/pirates.html (white logo stuff is their new stuff, black logo is the old stuff they copied)

http://enlighten-brick.com/police.html

Lego really isn't priced for the chinese market, which is another reason these companies thrive. Lego goes for like 7x the price in China. not the 2x you see on aliexpress. A lot of products are expected to be cheap there and if Lego doesn't want to play ball, then other companies will fill that void.

I am really excited to see this being released, and was really surprised it hadn't already been planned. This is a set that I want to use and enjoy every halloween as decoration around the house. There is no way I'm paying current asking prices on second hand market for a set I'll crack open.

LEGO take notice and consider re-releasing please.

I am really excited to see this being released, and was really surprised it hadn't already been planned. This is a set that I want to use and enjoy every halloween as decoration around the house. There is no way I'm paying current asking prices on second hand market for a set I'll crack open.

LEGO take notice and consider re-releasing please.

I'm inclined to agree. If Lego have a problem with the cloning, they should rerelease the original. Either way, the scalpers get hurt which is no bad thing in my mind

I'm inclined to agree. If Lego have a problem with the cloning, they should rerelease the original. Either way, the scalpers get hurt which is no bad thing in my mind

This is a B.S. argument. Every set reoeased can be subject to cloning, does that mean LEGO should release every possible set?

Honestly? yes.. as long as it is selling there is no reason not to make it. It's not like it's a product that expires. They can do a run of X number of sets and if it sells at a good clip, do another run. If that sells, do more. 2 year products runs like they have is basically introducing artificial product scarcity. While they're at it, they need to look at their prices. While Chinese companies are hit and miss, Oxford in Korea and Star Diamond in China are basically Lego quality. Bricks are fantastic, quality is consistent, and designs are decent and yet their prices are a small fraction of Legos.

This was a set they did in collaboration with Toys R Us in Korea, 1500 pieces, 8-9 minifigures, and the price was around $85 USD. That's a lot of bricks for a low cost.

Edited by crossmr

And, if it's a product that Lego no longer produces, you're not taking any money away from Lego. They've already sold all the sets they made. You're just not feeding in to the outrageous aftermarket. I'm seriously considering getting Lepin modular buildings that Lego no longer makes.

Of course, I'd rather give my money to Lego.

Edited by quark12000

This is a B.S. argument. Every set reoeased can be subject to cloning, does that mean LEGO should release every possible set?

We must get back to simple economics. Why is LEPIN successful in it's clones? Because there is an active demand that is currently not being supplied by the 1st or 2nd hand market. If anything, this says just how superficially inflated the LEGO 2nd hand market values are at the moment.

Yes, LEGO is losing sales on retired - cloned products. It's called an opportunity cost/loss. LEPIN's continued market penetration (especially new sets) will force LEGO to take some sort of action to correct the situation. LEPIN operating in China is somewhat insulated from IP protections thru their court system. So if LEGO wants to hurt the clone industry, they need to start re-releasing the products that LEPIN is doing so well on.

Comes in 2-3 weeks, Sir

yu5sh7kb.jpg

Supposedly not a 100% clone though, I don't care though. I love LEGO's pirate line, I've had one since I was a boy. I'm actually kind of shocked the Pirate line isn't a continued set line up for LEGO.

The 2nd hand market "scalpers" are in for a shock sooner or later, as LEGO does in fact begin to re-release past products.

In my opinion, the entire 2nd hand market is an inflated market that is PRIME to burst. They forget these are TOYS at heart. LEGO retires products, which limits supply naturally. But these 2nd hand scalpers accelerate the supply reductions by buying mass quantities of the product. They then turn to online resell sites and set artificial high prices. Often times they will sit on products for months or years at these artificially raised prices, just waiting for the sucker to come along and pay it.

Edited by Bat Man

Wow!!! Both of these sets are on my buy list. Thank you Lepin as I would not have a shot at these sets otherwise.

Edited by Ltfalcon

Maybe in some fantasyland where production capacities and store shelves are not limited, and customers didn't have limited budgets, there'd be no reason for LEGO to ever stop producing old sets, and no reason not to produce new sets. In the real world, what I just said should make the problem obvious. It is simply not possible for LEGO to grow their production at a brisk enough pace to keep every set they make in production indefinitely while still introducing new sets.

Even if LEGO could keep all sets around indefinitely, then each year customers' spending would be divided between a number of sets and themes that grows explosively with each passing year. Needless to say, this is bad — in fact, one of the components of why LEGO nearly went bankrupt in 2003 is that retailers couldn't reliably sell new 2003 products when their shelves were still flooded with unsold 2002 product. LEGO makes a lot more money off of each modular building by keeping just three or four recent sets available at any given time than by having a dozen of them all competing for the same customers.

And generally, the market for new sets is far bigger than the market for older ones. That's pretty much common sense, since a new set is a set that nobody owns, while a lot of the most eager customers for older sets already bought them while they were still available in the primary market. Let's suppose LEGO sold half a million copies of 3315, the best-selling LEGO product of 2012. Do you think after two years, more people will be lining up to get a set that half a million people already own? Or would there be more demand for a set that has all the same appeal yet is entirely new?

Retailers, in turn, would much rather stock sets that haven't been seen before than continue stocking older sets with shrinking demand. If that weren't the case, then they wouldn't have any need to put older sets on clearance — they don't do that because of any sort of pressure from the LEGO Group, but because they know they'll make more money on new sets than on retired ones. The fact that a company like Lepin can make a quick buck off of retired sets doesn't mean that companies like LEGO, Target, or Toys 'R' Us stand to make as much money off of old sets as off of newer ones. It just means that Lepin is too cheap and dishonest a company to bother creating products that generate NEW demand, so they have to leech off of demand that LEGO has already generated by copying existing LEGO products.

And of course, companies like Lepin are also a factor in why LEGO has to release new sets as often as they do (and thus, retire their older sets at around the same rate). LEGO will never be able to compete with shameless knock-offs on price, because developing new ideas will always cost more than copying somebody else's ideas. If LEGO stopped coming out with new sets, then more and more copies would have time to emerge — people who think knock-off companies only copy or makes money on retired sets are kidding themselves. But when LEGO puts out new sets, it generally takes at least 12 weeks after its release for knock-off companies like Lepin to have copies available for purchase. That gives LEGO twelve weeks to sell something nobody else in the world can offer, instead of focusing on older products and therefore not having anything to offer that doesn't exist as a cheaper copy.

14362469_1785332871710551_7551896457609673639_o.jpg

my first three lepin modulars. currently building parisian restaurant. brick bank waiting to be built. awaiting delivery of pet shop and detective's office. still need to buy the green grocer, grand emporium and palace cinema. i won't be buying market street.

Awesome! Which sellers did you use, if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks, most of them I bought by DREAM HOUSE on Aliexpress :)

Pet Shop comes next week

w2uzz6ke.jpg

@Florian_Wayne,

Where are from, if you don't mind me asking. I'm just curious what if any success or problems US buyers have had with Aliexpress.

Germany ;)

Never had problems with our customs.

For private people it's legal to buy fakes from asia, so no trouble with customs.

DHL is part of Deutsche Post (german Post) and the european hub is in Leipzig, Germany. They always send my packages from China/Singapore to Leipzig and than directly to me.

Shipping time is always 3 to 5 days

Edited by Florian_Wayne

Hey Florian_Wayne,

I am from Germany too :-) A little off Topic, but on my last order I have to pay much more costum tax because the shop on Aliexpress has not been filled the invoice correctly. In detail, he forgot the shipping amount and DHL express calculated 80USD themselve. Do you have the problem too?