Sign in to follow this  
durazno33

Warcraft 2 Micro Scale Human Township

Micro Warcraft 2

I began working on each individual building a few months ago but finally finished assembling the display. The inspiration for this display began when I completed my Warcraft: Orcs and Humans micro last year. I figured it was time to go on to the next game Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness. I started with the human town center and built out the basic buildings of the lumber mill, barracks, blacksmith and the farm. Of course, the build wouldn't be complete without the resources to harvest and the exploding sheep.

If you are unfamiliar with the game here are some screen shots.

Click the image for a larger picture:

29144154355_0487e49cee.jpg28569355093_88904ab3ab_n.jpg

27880857793_a2b19eb432.jpg

Edited by durazno33

Exploding sheep! They of course have to be in it :classic: Lovely little model of a classic, which brings back quite some memories from the 90s! :thumbup:

Looks great! I really like how you used the large sand green cones for the trees, that is something I never thought of for microscope trees, I will have to try it.

Very nice representation of the games! Especially like the use of cogs for the castle towers!

The cogs were a little hard for me to get as I usually don't work with Technic stuff but I had these mixed in a box and I'm glad to have found them.

Exploding sheep! They of course have to be in it :classic: Lovely little model of a classic, which brings back quite some memories from the 90s! :thumbup:

Wasn't that the best! I always dreamed of doing it during a multiplayer map with a new enemy and making them think they were getting attacked. AHHHRGG.. the sheep are exploding!

Very nice. I could see that being used as a board game (even though it's based on a video game).

Could be fun. Each building comes out of the display on it's own plate so it is possible.

Looks great! I really like how you used the large sand green cones for the trees, that is something I never thought of for microscope trees, I will have to try it.

They add some great variation. They are an interesting color for trees but I think it worked here because of the green base.

These are great! I can remember playing this back in college...back when the maximum in a battle group were 9 characters...

Instantly recognizable.

So cool, thank you for the flashback down Memory Lane!