Sign in to follow this  
Bob

Secret Enemies - Day Five

I believe that yesterday, we decided that there were 4 scum, 4 town cards left (if one mayor discarded a town card), or 3 scum, 5 town cards left (if both Joshua and Ralph discarded a scum card). If Lindsey and Patricia are to be believed, then there should be either 3 scum, 2 town cards left or 2 scum, 3 town cards left.

I received two scum and one town card. I passed on the town and scum cards. That should mean we have either 1 scum and 1 town card left or 0 scum and 2 town left. Also, I'm fairly comfortable with Erik in future governments.

Sorry, I didn't specify above. I discarded one of the scum cards (I think that was clearly insinuated but just to clarify)

If this is true (which I don't doubt), I'm pretty confident in calling you town. Erik didn't have much of a choice if he was scum and you town, as you'd call him out if he passed the scum card.

I agree, If Erik can confirm this, and a town policy is passed, I'd say you were town.

I agree, If Erik can confirm this, and a town policy is passed, I'd say you were town.

A town policy was passed.

I'd suggest that tomorrow's mayor makes Lindsey the TCC, and then the next day's mayor elects Michael then

2 mafia cards and 1 town card sounds very possible so I'm going to believe Michael, and also assume both him and Erik are town. I believe there should be 1 town card and 1 mafia card left, so tomorrow we should have another town policy!

If this is true (which I don't doubt), I'm pretty confident in calling you town. Erik didn't have much of a choice if he was scum and you town, as you'd call him out if he passed the scum card.

There is the possibility that he received two town cards and discarded one, because with two cards left, the deck should be reshuffled, right? Do I understand that correctly? So there would be no way for us to check whether the cards add up in the end.

With that said, I see no reason to distrust Michael on this. A town policy was passed, that's definitely good. Even though Erik chose to pass a town policy, I wouldn't say that clears him. The scum already revealed Ralph (or me and Anne if you believe that), I don't think they would want to catch too much attention. They will still need people to pass scum policies and lobby for the Godfather later on.

There is the possibility that he received two town cards and discarded one, because with two cards left, the deck should be reshuffled, right? Do I understand that correctly? So there would be no way for us to check whether the cards add up in the end.

GuvBob clarified this.

The next mayor will receive the remaining two cards plus one from the discards which will be shuffled to form a new draw pile.

We won't know which ones came from where though.

We could foul out the next two days of government and draw the cards one by one. We'd have better knowledge of the cards at the risk of one or even two scum policies. So probably not worthwhile.

2 mafia cards and 1 town card sounds very possible so I'm going to believe Michael, and also assume both him and Erik are town. I believe there should be 1 town card and 1 mafia card left, so tomorrow we should have another town policy!

No matter how I calculate, I assume we've got at least one town card left. Let's use our vote to force in the mayor we want and we shouldn't have any problem getting the town card passed.

GuvBob clarified this.

The next mayor will receive the remaining two cards plus one from the discards which will be shuffled to form a new draw pile.

We won't know which ones came from where though.

We could foul out the next two days of government and draw the cards one by one. We'd have better knowledge of the cards at the risk of one or even two scum policies. So probably not worthwhile.

Thanks, I must have missed that :blush: So, at least in the case where three town policies are drawn, we will know that Michael said the truth. That's pretty unlikely though, it requires Ralph to have drawn three scum policies and us to draw another town card. At any rate, there should be at least one town card in that pile (if Michael said the truth and didn't discard a town card), so if the next mayor and TCC are both town, a town card should be passed.

No matter how I calculate, I assume we've got at least one town card left. Let's use our vote to force in the mayor we want and we shouldn't have any problem getting the town card passed.

Depends. I agree that if Ralph, Joshua or Anne is elected mayor tomorrow, we should vote them out and get someone else in. Barring that, anyone else would be fine IMO.

Very cool. A couple more folks on the up and up who should be able to be trusted.

I'd like to suggest to Ralph, Joshua, and Anne, that if any of you are chosen as Mayor tomorrow, you should not choose Lindsey as TCC tomorrow. Doing so will confirm you as scum. For whichever of you are town, I'm sorry that we can't trust you, but it should all work out in the end if can get the right people into the government. Do your part to help and we'll thank you later.