Sign in to follow this  
Bob

Secret Enemies - Confirmation and Discussion

Personally, I'm generally in favor of letting things run their course with a simplified game the first time through. We really don't know yet what the implications of our current actions will be after several more game days since we've never done this before. We may find that things we think are insignificant turn out to be important, while other things that look important aren't. The game currently feels a bit slow to me, but I'm not sure that's a bad thing. We're all learning. I think the TCC voting will be more important down the line, so it's likely that this game format takes a little bit to warm up as information is a little more hidden.

I was contemplating turning it into a mega-thread with no "days" anymore, but I don't know if it'll work out too well. So, Day Three will be up imminently.

I'm planning on running the game a second time if possible, so I'll try it next time.

Really?

That's all people have got?

More than 24 hours since thread opens and only 5 replies. And more than 12 hours since the last.

I know this isn't a regular game where one might fear dying in the night theres a bunch of information out there that needs to be uncovered, but still a handful of posts seems like people aren't even trying.

I believe everyone is waiting for the appointed Mayor, as the game can't really move on without a nomination for TCC.

Even still there's a lot of room for discussion. If Khscarymovie4 doesn't appear in the next couple hours I'll select a new Mayor for the day.

Agreed that there should be a time limit set on participation by the Mayor/TCC.

Status report from your host. A few things that I'd like to say:

1) I think the game is going very well and it's certainly not a disaster. I expected a few restarts and reshuffles because of host error but surprisingly I haven't messed up and nobody else has either.

2) This game has helped me plan for the next one I'm planning, which should have more of a story and background and better design than this one. I told everyone at the start that there's no story in this one because the game mechanics are more important, and that's true. This is the most meta story I've done I think.

3) Hosting should be back to it's regularly scheduled times. I've taken fhomess' advice and I'm letting the game run its course, so there shouldn't be anymore delays.

4) Participation has been lacking for sure but I think that's because this is a new concept and there's not many players. All the same, I'm sure we can do better.

That's all from me I think. I'm continuing to give tips and tricks behind the scenes to players. Don't think it's an unfair advantage. I'm treating this as a mafia school since only a few have played before.

Day Four will be up for a little while longer. Day Five will go up tomorrow.

Day Six is up. As a general point of order, anyone can post in this thread regardless of whether they're playing or not.

It's pretty exciting watching what's going on with this new format of mind game. Go town scum Bob!