I presumed as much ,I was joking,thought I wouldn't be surprised if there was a lego batman movie set with batcow because it seems to have tons of obscure characters.

Or even DC superhero girls since it has Krypto

I presumed as much ,I was joking,though I wouldn't be surprised if there was a lego batman movie set with batcow because it seems to have tons of obscure characters.

With the list of rumoured characters as it stands, a Barcode wouldnt be surprising.

Really looking forward to some of there characters' designs.

You should talk about the Lego Batman Movie in its specific thread. I think the moderators only want us talking about the other sets here.

Oh I'm sorry I was just replying to that guy's post.

Here's the compact DC girl list :P

*$15-Tank~Lashina, Krypto

*$15-Bumblebee

*$20- Diana's Dorm~Wonder Woman

*25- Capes and Cows Café~Harley Quinn, Steve Trevor

*30 - Batjet~Batgirl, additional figure (going on price)

*$80-SuperHero High~Supergirl, Poison Ivy, Lena Luthor

Only 3 minidolls in an $80 set! that's highway robbery. And not to mention only 1 of them is new and that would be Lena Luthor. But also she is a Z list character. These sets sound too girly like the Friends sets. But again I am a guy so I am probably not going to pick these sets up. I am going to pick up something a little bit more aimed at guys like Batman or Ninjago. Edited by BatmanFanboy

These sets sound too girly like the Friends sets. But again I am a guy so I am probably not going to pick these sets up. I am going to pick up something a little bit more aimed at guys like Batman or Ninjago.

This is my biggest problem with TLG. Both Friends and Disney Princesses have been awesome lines filled with great builds, I mean absolutely fantastic builds, but they aim them specifically at females. LEGO was something my wife was into more so than I did and both of my sisters have more LEGO than I. All LEGO themes aren't gender specific as anyone can enjoy castle or superheroes or city etc. etc.

The bright stereotypical girly colors used in the the sets are in don't bother me. It's the inclusion of "Minidolls", as if the Minifigure was too "masculine" for girls? We ended up getting a proper Aladdin and Genie yet Jasmine is a minidoll and it infuriates me more than anything LEGO has done.

DC girls is an awesome show, made by awesome people. But keeping the character designs strictly as "Mini-Dolls"?!? It bothers me. A lot.

Apologies for ranting. Please continue your discussion.

This is my biggest problem with TLG. Both Friends and Disney Princesses have been awesome lines filled with great builds, I mean absolutely fantastic builds, but they aim them specifically at females. LEGO was something my wife was into more so than I did and both of my sisters have more LEGO than I. All LEGO themes aren't gender specific as anyone can enjoy castle or superheroes or city etc. etc.

The bright stereotypical girly colors used in the the sets are in don't bother me. It's the inclusion of "Minidolls", as if the Minifigure was too "masculine" for girls? We ended up getting a proper Aladdin and Genie yet Jasmine is a minidoll and it infuriates me more than anything LEGO has done.

DC girls is an awesome show, made by awesome people. But keeping the character designs strictly as "Mini-Dolls"?!? It bothers me. A lot.

No its ok. I understand I don't like minidolls too. But if the sets are selling then they are going to stay around for a while. I think most girls like minidolls. I do agree with you on some themes. But things like Pirates, Knights and Dragons/Castle, Superheroes, Cops and Robbers/City, Ninjago are more targeted at a male audience. most of the people who are going to buy those sets are male. But to stay back on topic I do think The Lego DC superhero girls sets will sell well.

Smart move from Lego to put Krypto in a mini-doll set. Most collectorrs would skip the mini-dolls but get the set for Krypto. Ace will turn up to is my guess later on if it works.

Only 3 minidolls in an $80 set! that's highway robbery. And not to mention only 1 of them is new and that would be Lena Luthor. But also she is a Z list character.

3 mini dolls in an $80 is a regular occurrence unfortunately (plug of rant about that topic :P http://en.brickimedia.org/wiki/User_blog:Soupperson1/A_mini-doll_rant_by_a_mini-doll_fan ) Besides Ivy and Supergirl will both have at least three new prints each so they'll be new too.

(Most) Little girls prefer mini dolls, they tested minifigures with them first but little girls kept telling them to change them. LEGO didn't spend 4 million on marketing for nothing, besides if little girls pefered minifigures do you really think LEGO would've gone through the hassle of creating new moulds?

I understand the frustration but you have to remember this will be the third DC based theme next year. I think it's okay to spare one to mini dolls. :P Besides if little girls want minifigure versions of Harley/Batgirl they can buy the joker's mobile from the Lego batman movie.

And since when does the Disney Princess line have great builds? I love Friends and Elves but IMO Disney Princess is pathetic. :P

Really looking forward to some of there characters' designs.

I'm sure they'll all be based off the show, so new green hair piece for Lashina at least! :D

Edited by Soupperson1

Smart move from Lego to put Krypto in a mini-doll set. Most collectorrs would skip the mini-dolls but get the set for Krypto. Ace will turn up to is my guess later on if it works.

A word of reminder: in the mini-doll-associated themes, the animals are often puffier, and more cutesy than you may be expecting. Also, they have a tendency to turn them into baby versions of the animal. Rajah from Aladdin was converted from a full grown male tiger to this:

XXmnYgf.jpg

So if you're expecting Krypto to look like this:

AFujKtH.jpg

Don't be shocked if you get this instead:

x8H4UU8.jpg

Edited by N_Cat

Ya but my plan is (if the cape is a separate piece ant attaches to a stud like that) I'm just going to take one of my dalmatians, take nail polish remover, get rid of all the spots, put on the cap and you've got a Krypto!

Ya but my plan is (if the cape is a separate piece ant attaches to a stud like that) I'm just going to take one of my dalmatians, take nail polish remover, get rid of all the spots, put on the cap and you've got a Krypto!

Who says they'll even give him a cape?

Who says they'll even give him a cape?

Who says he'll even be a dog??? He could be a minidoll with a dog's head!!!

...unlikely, true, but you never can be sure at this point...

Who says he'll even be a dog??? He could be a minidoll with a dog's head!!!

...unlikely, true, but you never can be sure at this point...

They could reuse scooby's head as that fits on a mindoll neck pin....

They could reuse scooby's head as that fits on a mindoll neck pin....

Isn't there a rule about Lego using certain parts from licenses in other sets? I'm pretty sure the head of Scooby-Doo would fall into that category. I'm fairly certain it'll wind up being a big dumb cutesy-looking dog with some kind of cape or S-collar.

Yeah, you're on to something here. Prepare to be disappointed.

After TTG Raven in Dimensions, and now the news that the next wave of DC is "girls" sets with minidolls, my hopes weren't high for much of this as a regular Lego DC fan.

I'm hoping we get minifigure vesions of the Minidolls in their iconic outfits eventually, maybe they're just testing the waters

I'm hoping we get minifigure vesions of the Minidolls in their iconic outfits eventually, maybe they're just testing the waters

You mean their most iconic outfits or their look from the show? Because we already have minifig versions of all of these characters in their usual costumes, save for Bumblebee. That is, assuming you don't mean literally every character, in which case you'd better be prepared to wait awhile if you want the Female Furies and Lena Luthor lol

Didn't mean from the show, hardly iconic lol. I'd like a classic outfit Katana, Bumblebee, Miss Martian, Star Sapphire, Hawkgirl, Cheetah, Killer Frost, Amanda Waller, Granny Goodness, Lady Shiva, Big Barda, and all the Male characters we haven't gotten yet. Most of those aren't too far down the rabbit hole for LEGO.

Isn't there a rule about Lego using certain parts from licenses in other sets? I'm pretty sure the head of Scooby-Doo would fall into that category. I'm fairly certain it'll wind up being a big dumb cutesy-looking dog with some kind of cape or S-collar.

I don't think it would be too much of an issue in this case as aren't Hanna-Barbera characters are now owned by WB/DC?

I don't think it would be too much of an issue in this case as aren't Hanna-Barbera characters are now owned by WB/DC?

Yes Hanna-Barbera characters are all owned by Warner Brothers.