VBBN

Bionicle 2016 Sets Discussion

I'm kibda disappointed, but do you describe the elemental creatures?

Sorry, I don't feel comfortable releasing anymore info at this point--probably in a few days.

Edit: removed store link.

Edited by Nekchir

Sorry, I don't feel comfortable releasing anymore info at this point--probably in a few days.

Removed store link

Removed.

Edited by Leewan

Did the Uniters use the SW leg add-on?

No.

That doesn't surprise me much; it seemed too organic for the Toa (I say that loosely because we don't quite know how organic they are anyway, though I'm guessing not much, similar to Gen 1). Thanks for the info, and don't feel bad for not releasing all the information. I'd rather a steady trickle than a bursting dam anyway.

He killing me. ;-;

Well the information he gave us sounds decent enough. A cape, huh. At first I was thinking "ew" but as I was typing I suddenly remember how awesome Vezon's and Kharazani(had the set and all these years later still don't know how to spell it)'s were. Hopefully in the same style? Or is it similar to Furno XL's?

And do the new armor and chest have pistons? Don't need to answer just throwing it out there. :3

Edited by MakutaOfWar

Alright, everything seems to have cooled down a bit. I'm up for a small Q&A, but I don't have the official set descriptions.

Hello good sir I have three questions

Do the new masks resemble the Nuva masks of 03'? Or something completely different?

What color are the new eye pieces?

And does Umarak have a function that you know of?

Is there something you can tell about Kopaka and Melum? Does the boxarts feature Mask of Control instead of the Mask of Creation next to the logo?

Does earth still use purple?

Is Umurak black or was that a troll. Is there any mask you could compare it to?

Do any skelly parts return?

Is the Mask of Control on the box art.

Alright, everything seems to have cooled down a bit. I'm up for a small Q&A, but I don't have the official set descriptions.

If you're willing now, I am curious about this one:

As well as, can you tell if the gearboxes are in any of them? I've been musing whether they were a first-wave throwback or something here to stay.

Any flying creatures? Does Gali's creature seem based on a creature with a solely aquatic lifestyle or on one with an amphibious lifestyle?

Is there something you can tell about Kopaka and Melum? Does the boxarts feature Mask of Control instead of the Mask of Creation next to the logo?

Nothing unique about the set, seems like a 'Special Edition' type thing. MoC on the corner, correct.

Does earth still use purple?

Is Umurak black or was that a troll. Is there any mask you could compare it to?

Do any skelly parts return?

Is the Mask of Control on the box art.

Earth still uses purple. Umarak is black, correct. No skelly parts return AFAICT.

Piston aesthetics on the new armor? Or detail on the new armor?

New armor pieces cover limbs better and resemble the 2015 pieces.

Hello good sir I have three questions

Do the new masks resemble the Nuva masks of 03'? Or something completely different?

And does Umarak have a function that you know of?

No, they don't resemble the Nuva. They're evolved. Tahu's mask is more...like 2015 preliminary version.

New eye piece is pinkish. Umarak seems to have the standard Toa function, though his back does seem more complex from what I can see.

Any flying creatures? Does Gali's creature seem based on a creature with a solely aquatic lifestyle or on one with an amphibious lifestyle?

DOES GALI LOOK MANLY?

You can tell the Designers tried, in a good way. Edited by Nekchir

How different are the Toa from their 2015 versions? Does it just look like an armor upgrade like with the Toa Nuva or do they have have completely new builds? Also could you tell us a bit more about the special items that are unique to each set?

Just wondering, by armor do you mean armor add-on pieces like the piston piece from winter 2015, or a brand new CCBS shell?

It may be a dumb question but I just had to ask.

Thanks for all the info so far!

Sorry for all the questions, but I'm really curious about Lewa and Pohatu's new masks...

Would you be able to describe them? Maybe tell what has changed from the 2015 masks?

Again, thanks a bunch :sweet::thumbup:

So if Tahu's mask is like the preliminary version, then do the masks resemble the 2001 masks more? If I do recall, his preliminary version did resemble closer to the original Hau... Many thanks!

Edited by Emveeon