Sign in to follow this  
SamBo

[MOC] Diablo 3 - New Tristram

I built this a few months ago and recently displayed it at The Sydney Brick Show.

New Tristram is the starting town in the game Diablo 3. I've based this build off the Adventure Mode version of the town (in Story Mode the layout is slightly different). The build is 3x5 baseplates in size, which all come apart for easy transport.

So I'll start with the entrance to the town. This is how it looks ingame: http://www.mmogames....-screenshot.jpg

Please note that I toned my version down a bit since it was on display at a family-friendly event (I also don't have much dark red to make blood stains...)

26555350762_c368b83a7a_z.jpg

There aren't many pictures online of some sections of the town, so if you haven't played the game you'll have to just try to imagine it. I've missed a few things in this next section (like the burning pile of corpses... again, family-friendly) but most parts are covered. So this is just inside the gates:

25837141813_67a11a7973_z.jpg

On the right is the boarded up house, which if you smash the door in the game, you can then access the portals to the Uber Bosses. In my build I've included a Crusader and a Wizard. In the background you can see the trailer for the Mystic (where in game you can spend a fortune on re-rolling the stats on your equipment, hoping for optimal stats). Next to that is the Jewel-crafter and his trailer.

Here is the Blacksmith forge/wagon:

26167153630_3969bd4fc7_z.jpg

In the game this is where you can get weapons and armour crafted and repaired. In my model I included LifeLites to make a flickering flame effect both inside the forge and on the flames on the top. On the left you can see a Demon Hunter with his dual crossbows.

The main building of the town - The Slaughtered Calf Inn. This is how it looks in game: http://i.imgur.com/bLZoVvm.jpg

And my model:

26167135600_30d4ff1e69_z.jpg

It's hard to create the darkness effect of the game using Lego. Also note that in the game, it is always night time in this area. I feel I've reproduced the inn quite well though. Due to poor planning of the internal support structure, I was unable to put lights inside, which I'm very disappointed with myself about.

Here is the Waypoint (lets you instantly teleport to other waypoints in the game), the ghost of Zoltan Khule and Kanai's Cube. Behind them is the rift obelisk.

26373771151_3798f3054b_z.jpg

On the left you can see the axe being held by a Barbarian (my favourite class in the game!), which you can see here, along with some other NPCs:

26648669745_1467247f54_z.jpg

Overall (almost) shot of the build:

26373836661_aba5a2b555_z.jpg

Full flickr album is here: https://flic.kr/s/aHskyiiVUb

Thanks for looking.

Sam

I can definitely recognize it - so that's a compliment! It looks good. A bit bigger than it seems necessary for Lego purposes...but the size does seem pretty accurate to the game.

Really nice work. That evil wizard was pretty much made to be Zoltun Kulle. And it looks as though Lorath is glancing over at Kadala. :laugh:

Quite an impressive layout! The inn is especially cool, though the gate section is also great :thumbup:

Hehehe.. thats amazing, a lot of texturing in the ground! :) I really liked Diablo 3 :wub: