Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

Get on topic! 

I'm quite interested in the Freemaker sets - they look quite 'different' and the Star Wars line is perhaps over reliant on remakes 

that said, I'm still left unsure as to what the 'theme' behind all these 2017 sets is, something that's becoming increasingly so over the years - they seem to be random (i.e neither based on popularity, a particular film or even sets that haven't been released in a while), essentially: why these?

a new UCS falcon would be a superb move - assuming quality - everyone wins

Edited by TheBrickHitHouse

I'm not familiar with the Freemaker Adventures - have the Arrowhead and the TIE Defender lookalike appeared in the series yet, or are they part of a second season?

Honestly I wouldn't have a problem with the Freemaker sets if there was only one maybe per wave. A little extra promotion for the show. But the Summer has what, 3 sets? These spots could be filled by more Rebels or Rogue One sets, but no, they're being filled by sets from a show I doubt most kids even watch.

Thanks to Lego Star Wars i could impress my girlfriend yesterday in the movies by knowing the name of the fluffy guy from saws team (moroff). Thanks Lego!!

5 minutes ago, Deathstroke77 said:

Honestly I wouldn't have a problem with the Freemaker sets if there was only one maybe per wave. A little extra promotion for the show. But the Summer has what, 3 sets? These spots could be filled by more Rebels or Rogue One sets, but no, they're being filled by sets from a show I doubt most kids even watch.

I think you are wrong, and frankly so does LEGO otherwise they wouldn't be making the sets. It's actually a really great show and more of my little cousins watch it than Rebels.

1 minute ago, Bricknblue said:

I think you are wrong, and frankly so does LEGO otherwise they wouldn't be making the sets. It's actually a really great show and more of my little cousins watch it than Rebels.

In my defence, I said that I doubted it. Personally I never hear people start ranting and raving about the Freemaker adventures, or how their kids are enjoying it so much. Rebels seems to be much more popular, and making sets on the Freemaker stuff over Rebels is a big mistake, in my opinion. Even random adults might pick up the new Phantom for Thrawn, or the A-Wing vs TIE Advanced set for Vader and Tarkin, or even to get the vehicles themselves. Point is, Rebels seems to be much more widely known and popular, so I think it's really dumb for LEGO to be cranking out these Freemaker sets rather than Rebels stuff that'll appeal to a much wider audience.

I think Rebels is more popular with teens and adults when Freemakers is more popular with the age group LEGO makes their products for. LEGO's base is still children. They want the kids to talk about the sets with each other and get their adults to buy them the stuff for full price.

I do buy a random A-Wing, I regret now getting the last one for $17. But that's the thing, I randomly buy Classic Star Wars sets only on sale. LEGO wants MSRP sales and children who ask just for the sets for Christmas.

I rather have Freemaker's new vehicles than some more rehashed things from Rebels or another X-Wing.

1 hour ago, Aethersprite said:

I'm not familiar with the Freemaker Adventures - have the Arrowhead and the TIE Defender lookalike appeared in the series yet, or are they part of a second season?

I think they are going to be in season 2 of the show, of course there is no information about a season 2 but it's pretty obvious. I usually get TLG's made up sets from their made up series but right now none of the freemaker sets that have been made have interested me. I would definitely like to have more Rebel sets because I can see that we may not get many once the series have ended.

1 minute ago, ChiefPie said:

I think they are going to be in season 2 of the show, of course there is no information about a season 2 but it's pretty obvious. I usually get TLG's made up sets from their made up series but right now none of the freemaker sets that have been made have interested me. I would definitely like to have more Rebel sets because I can see that we may not get many once the series have ended.

I only found one thing interesting in the Freemaker sets and that was Dengar.

4 minutes ago, MaxTube55 said:

I only found one thing interesting in the Freemaker sets and that was Dengar.

That's true, I was going to get that set but I've been putting it off. And now that Dengar is rumored to be in the bounty hunter battlepack I am glad I did not but that set he is in.

It would be good to get ezra third season with his a-wing including zeb or sabine

Edited by Cap Rex

No more A-Wings :tongue:

We may get a variant of one in Episode 8, if they continue updating ships as they did the X-Wing and B-Wing in the Force Awakens. 

21 minutes ago, Forresto said:

We may get a variant of one in Episode 8, if they continue updating ships as they did the X-Wing and B-Wing in the Force Awakens. 

Would we get a Prince Harry minifigure? :tongue:

Sad to see that without moderation, this forum has turned into a free for all.  I don't want to close it, that doesn't really help anything or anyone.

This forum is for news, information, and discussion of those rumors of sets that should be coming out in 2017.

It is not for your personal opinions on life or prices.  It is not for your general questions about Star Wars.  It is not for your jokes.  It is not for building up your post count so you can get a Star Wars Tag under your profile pic.

It is not for asking about why other people were banned from this site.  We are firm, but fair with all individuals.  Those of you who have been in the chamber can attest to this.  Members who are banned have broken the rules or acted poorly enough that they have become a problem for the site.  No one is just flat out banned.  You get banned, you earned it!

I do not intend to ban people, but if you want to go looking for trouble, I'll be sure to stop it quick.  I have placed 13 members in the Chamber, I would not like to place another 13 in there, but if I have to, I WILL!

Keep on topic.

In regards to 2017 distribution, did everything get released for the late winter wave simultaneously or did only the Rogue One sets? For instance are the Skiff and A-Wings sets out in most countries?

I am asking of course for outside the US, I believe we dont get the sets until May. If wrong please correct me.

Edited by Forresto

7 hours ago, Joshibenj said:

I'm just here for the summer sets. Tbh I have no idea why there a separate feed or one at all because episode 8 isn't out.

You misunderstand. Its not a separate thread for ep 8, its a separate thread for speculation and wishlists. This one is for actual rumors.

Perhaps unnecessary but it might be helpful. Before posting know your thread and do your duty for board and forum! 

This is the thread for speculating future sets: Link

This is the thread for asking general questions: Link

This is the thread for discussing prices: Link

Edited by Forresto

5 hours ago, Forresto said:

In regards to 2017 distribution, did everything get released for the late winter wave simultaneously or did only the Rogue One sets? For instance are the Skiff and A-Wings sets out in most countries?

I am asking of course for outside the US, I believe we dont get the sets until May. If wrong please correct me.

Here in the Netherlands the OT stuff, microfighters and constraction figs will be released about a month after the rogue one stuff in retail stores. They are already available on the LEGO webstore but they didn't release at the same time as the earlier rogue one winter wave sets afaik.

Edited by khatmorg

11 minutes ago, Stan-Lee said:

New pictures of the summer sets are out there where you can see the builds but not the figs just so you know

Could you give us a hint to perhaps where they may be. Does it rhyme with edit?

1 minute ago, Forresto said:

Could you give us a hint to perhaps where they may be. Does it rhyme with edit?

I just checked, they're not there. I'm assuming he meant the potato-quality pictures from a week ago.

15 minutes ago, Gremer said:

I just checked, they're not there. I'm assuming he meant the potato-quality pictures from a week ago.

I clearly wrote "the builds" i am not talking about the packaging. You can see the tank in 1 set and the other set is the transformation "room" with 2 medic droids (1 medic droid is build as a human and 1 medic droid is like the droid we Got in the old transformation set) and you can also see that we get one of those flying small ball shaped probe droids.

The other figures are just stand in figures.

i cannot give you hints where to find them other than that they are out there in respect for the Mods.

Edited by Stan-Lee