Robert8

Ideas for CMFs

On 9/12/2019 at 11:29 PM, Robert8 said:

Lets see...

In the near future we'll have Series Q, the Advent Calendar, Series R and Series S.

Then there will be a second hiatus for several months.

After that we'll see Series T to Series Z + a supersecretproject.

I think it will take at least 3 more years to finish this project/thread

Unless you take the LEGO route and start doing two licensed themes for every one generic theme and you will keep going for another 10 years!

1 hour ago, MAB said:

Unless you take the LEGO route and start doing two licensed themes for every one generic theme and you will keep going for another 10 years!

Please no, half of the reason people like this thread so much is because it is non-licensed minifigures, considering the lack of them in recent years. 

3 hours ago, Robert8 said:

I might try some licensed series after Series Z :laugh:

I'm quoting you on that. Ones that Lego can't get, or won't touch, maybe?

16 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Well I have all the minifigures listed up to Series Z. Also I have a "waiting list" in case TLG releases a character I have planned to use, like the female mummy in Series 19.

Hmm I dont think so because after Series Q comes the Advent Calendar. If I post Series Q now there will be a 2.5 months gap 

Ahh fair enough.

17 hours ago, ToaIruini said:

Please no, half of the reason people like this thread so much is because it is non-licensed minifigures, considering the lack of them in recent years. 

Plus, @Robert8 is the only CMF artist out there who deals with such, as everyone else seems only interested in "drafting" licensed CMS.

Robert8 why was it that you had to stop the original series after Z again? I mean you do what you want but... why? If you’d do licensed series after then I’m certain that is here on eurobricks could help you think of a few ideas for more non-licensed :wink:

On 9/16/2019 at 9:46 AM, Robert8 said:
On 9/12/2019 at 9:36 PM, Drew15 said:

Yikes, do u have everything planned out? Cuz it sure sounds like u do.... If u don't will u accept figure designs/ideas for future series in this thread?

Well I have all the minifigures listed up to Series Z. Also I have a "waiting list" in case TLG releases a character I have planned to use, like the female mummy in Series 19.

That doesnt mean the door is closed for suggestions of course. They are always welcomed

Speaking of suggestions, I was wondering the other day if you've ever considered a female counterpart to Series 12's Swashbuckler. Maybe such an archetype could utilize a recolor of Angelica's hat/hair combo headgear part:shrug_oh_well:

On 9/18/2019 at 8:16 AM, Digger of Bricks said:

Speaking of suggestions, I was wondering the other day if you've ever considered a female counterpart to Series 12's Swashbuckler. Maybe such an archetype could utilize a recolor of Angelica's hat/hair combo headgear part:shrug_oh_well:

Wouldn't it be too similar to the Series K Pirate Queen?  She is already kind of Swashbuckler-ish

On 9/16/2019 at 3:24 PM, gedren_y said:

I'm quoting you on that. Ones that Lego can't get, or won't touch, maybe?

Hmm perhaps... 

On 9/17/2019 at 11:34 AM, ToaIruini said:

Robert8 why was it that you had to stop the original series after Z again? I mean you do what you want but... why? If you’d do licensed series after then I’m certain that is here on eurobricks could help you think of a few ideas for more non-licensed :wink:

Well, I have to stop at some point, right? That's why I'm using the letters instead of numbers for these series. 

6 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Wouldn't it be too similar to the Series K Pirate Queen?  She is already kind of Swashbuckler-ish

Hmmm, I suppose? :def_shrug: I guess I just thought it'd be a fitting archetype to reuse that POTC hat/hair headgear I'd cited in the same way you reused Butch Cavendish's hat/hair headgear for your Monster Hunter. Huh, maybe it'd instead be more fitting to reuse the Angelica headgear for female counterparts to Series 17's Highwayman and your Series D Masked Hero?:shrug_confused:

1 hour ago, JJBricker said:

@Robert8 What do you think about having a greatest CMF game in honor of your special CMF ideas? 

With my CMFs?

Well, that would be awesome :laugh: but honestly I think only a few people would vote

The teaser for Series Q is already up in the first page

In a few hours I'll post the "coming soon" banner 

Series Q will be up next week

About sending the lists, well... they have said they dont take suggestions or fanarts as inspiration for CMFs, so... 

:sceptic:

Just now, Robert8 said:

The teaser for Series Q is already up in the first page

In a few hours I'll post the "coming soon" banner 

Series Q will be up next week

About sending the lists, well... they have said they dont take suggestions or fanarts as inspiration for CMFs, so... 

:sceptic:

@Robert8 Can I See it please????

@Robert8 can I see it please?????

On 5/14/2016 at 11:57 PM, Robert8 said:

SERIES Q

Will u be posting any "Coming Soon" images?

Also, if you plan on doing licensed series, which franchises to u plan to tackle?

Batman the Animated Series is a draft I made a while ago but I never posted it.

Also, Im a huge Danganronpa fan, so a Danganronpa CMF series per game would be awesome.

Hmm I'd also like to try my hand on some games like Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, Persona, Ghost Trick, etc...

Maybe one day... 

5 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Batman the Animated Series is a draft I made a while ago but I never posted it.

Also, Im a huge Danganronpa fan, so a Danganronpa CMF series per game would be awesome.

Hmm I'd also like to try my hand on some games like Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, Persona, Ghost Trick, etc...

Maybe one day... 

How about current themes by tlg, like star wars or minecraft. Maybe go a different route and try ur hand at themed series instead of liscensed. U know how lego made series 14 monsters and series 18 party. U could got that way w/ like castle or western. Or go with video games, I suggest For Honor and Halo

Wow... I'm very excited to see how this series turns out. The woman that's expecting is a great idea!

Edited by JJBricker

7 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Stay tuned for more ideas for CMFs coming next Tuesday

Oooooh, DaVinci there looks awesome, and that Mother-To-Be's torso is a game changer for your Series from here on out! :thumbup: :sweet:

10 minutes ago, JJBricker said:

Wow... I'm very excited to see how this series turns out. The pregnant woman is a great idea!

It’s called a expecting Mother

These look great so far! Especially the expecting mother :thumbup:

And I would really kill for a tile of the Vitruvian Man *oh2*

Very cool, but u still haven't responded to any of my suggestions, you know confirming, denying or at least saying u'll think about it. Otherwise, amazing work as always.

On 9/24/2019 at 4:48 PM, Drew15 said:

Very cool, but u still haven't responded to any of my suggestions, you know confirming, denying or at least saying u'll think about it. Otherwise, amazing work as always.

I don't know yet. There are still plenty of time to decide