9 minutes ago, legolijntje said:

Very nice renders, as always @Blakbird:wub:
There's only a minor, minor error in the file (and thus in your cutaway render) which I noticed yesterday: the front-gear at the drivers-seat is pointing inwards, which should point outwards. :grin:

Ah yes, I can see it.  I can fix it, but I will wait to see if any other errors are found.

@Blakbird: Wow, impressive !

BTW, I like the remark "Instructions available soon." on your Bricksafe page. :wink:

I think @Jeroen Ottens did a great job, not only getting the outside shape of the car right, but also the technical inside of the car looks very interesting as far as I can judge from the renders only, pending the LDD model or instructions... 

Edited by brickhank
forgot a word

4 minutes ago, brickhank said:

@BlakbirdBTW, I like the remark "Instructions available soon." on your Bricksafe page. :wink:

On my Bricksafe page, I try to be careful to always credit the designers and route people toward their pages if possible.  That "available soon" note was a reminder to myself to go back and add a link to ReBrickable once available.

Awesome renders! Thanks Blakbird, now I only want to build it more :D

On 28.01.2017 at 9:38 PM, Jeroen Ottens said:

Problem solved... Here is the updated preliminary partslist. Please be aware that the instructions are still not tested (even I haven't tested everything yet), so some changes can still happen. With a bit of luck the Lego bricks & pieces service will resume operation Feb 1st with the #3 connectors in orange available... I have tried to optimize to the Porsche partslist, but still 38% of the parts are not from the Porsche...

Excuse me but how can I compare this partlist to my rebrickable full part collection? Can anybody PM please. Want to know how many parts are missing..

18 minutes ago, brickhank said:

@Aleh: Make a custom list with the DB11 parts, and than hit the button build this list => it will show your missing parts :thumbup:

Many thanks Man! Sorry for offtopic..

Edited by Aleh

Out of 2927 buildable parts (ignoring 2 minifig/non-LEGO parts), you are missing 174 parts.

You have 94.1% of the parts in this set.

Just keep in mind that there could be (small) changes to the parts-list, the one shared earlier is in fact already an outdated parts-list I believe. :classic:
As soon as the instructions are done, Jeroen will put the final parts-list on Rebrickable.

No problem to re-order a few added and / or replaced parts due to the final parts-list update. Having a few spare parts available for future builds is always good. Let's hope the changes are not affecting too many (very) rare parts (such as the head lights), though...

Edited by brickhank

Received the last of my missing parts today ! When I walked through them I didn't find the exhausts. It was only until I checked my Rebrickable parts list, that I found out minifig parts are excluded, Lol :grin:

I think I'll wait for @Jeroen Ottens's  final parts list and than do the final buy for the updated parts, including the minifig exhaust pipes...

Edited by brickhank

1 hour ago, brickhank said:

Hi @Jeroen Ottens: any news on current status and progress and expected release date of the final parts list and instructions ?

(sorry for being impatient... :grin:)

The instructions are being tested as we speak. A few items have come up, one of them might require a redesign to ease the assembly, so you'll have to keep your patience a little while longer. The moment everything is done I'll post an update...
I do expect that it will take at least another two weeks (if only because I'll be traveling next week) and if more issues are found it can take another three weeks extra (since I'll be travelling a while later again for more than a week)...

OK, thanks for the update. Much appreciated.

No need to rush. Better make sure everything is right before going public. At least we have a target date on the horizon now.

Good luck with finalizing everything in between your travels... :wink:

Hi,

After some long & hard work from the test-builders (a big, big thanks to Blakbird, Appie and Legolijntje) a final version has emerged. Here is a link to the final partslist: http://bricksafe.com/files/JeroenOttens/parts_list (Rebrickable).csv

I'll be traveling the next two weeks, but when I am back I will upload the model to Rebrickable to make the instructions available. So that'll be in a little over two weeks from now.

Edited by Jeroen Ottens

Looks great !

Can't wait to start the build myself. Hope there's not too many changes compared to the preliminary parts list as provided earlier by Jeroen (and that I used to start buying missing parts already)... :grin:

Kudo's to the team that contributed to finalizing this great MOC and instructions ! :thumbup:

Question: is it possible to not integrate the electrical parts by simply not including these in the build, or do these components also have a mechanical / structural function in the model ?

(As these parts are quite expensive, I am still considering to buy these or not...)  

2 hours ago, brickhank said:

Looks great !

Can't wait to start the build myself. Hope there's not too many changes compared to the preliminary parts list as provided earlier by Jeroen (and that I used to start buying missing parts already)... :grin:

Kudo's to the team that contributed to finalizing this great MOC and instructions ! :thumbup:

Question: is it possible to not integrate the electrical parts by simply not including these in the build, or do these components also have a mechanical / structural function in the model ?

(As these parts are quite expensive, I am still considering to buy these or not...)  

You can omit the electrical parts. They do not have a structural function. I guess you can compare the new and old partslist on Rebrickable to find the differences. No rare parts have been added.
The yellow #2 connector is surprisingly rare, once the model is assembled this part is nearly invisible, so you can swap it for another colour if you want. But... there is an aesthetic reason why it is yellow which you will appreciated when building the model...

Just now, Jeroen Ottens said:

You can omit the electrical parts. They do not have a structural function. I guess you can compare the new and old partslist on Rebrickable to find the differences. No rare parts have been added.
The yellow #2 connector is surprisingly rare, once the model is assembled this part is nearly invisible, so you can swap it for another colour if you want. But... there is an aesthetic reason why it is yellow which you will appreciated when building the model...

Well, the battery box has a tiny structural function as in, the corner of the bottom of the dashboard is attached to it :wink: :tongue:

1 minute ago, legolijntje said:

Well, the battery box has a tiny structural function as in, the corner of the bottom of the dashboard is attached to it :wink: :tongue:

Damn, you're right... A stack of bricks of the same size as the batterybox will solve this. Luckily the batterybox is also almost completely hidden from sight, so that should be a solvable problem.

15 hours ago, Blakbird said:

You won't be disappointed, folks.  This is a great model.

I agree, great model. Really cool and thought out solutions for both mechanical and aesthetical. I really enjoyed the build.

2 hours ago, Jeroen Ottens said:

Apart from the electrical parts: only 9 parts to go :sweet:

I think I will go for a different colour #2 connector; I wonder how the aesthetic reason can be important when the part is nearly invisible...?!? :wink:

Can't really explain without spoiling the "surprise" (unless Jeroen wants to tell it). Yes, it's invisible, but you knowing the part is yellow adds to the fun of this model imo.

Secured my yellow connector #2 on Bricklink in the meantime. I'll find out as soon as the instructions will be released... :wink:

(can't wait... :grin:)