Duncan Young

Accuracy of Civil War sets?

Agent 13 is probably the only minifigure that doesn't really work for me. The hair is too far off, as mentioned previously. I almost think a straighter hair style, like on Ginny Weasley could work.

Maybe the Series 10 Trendsetter hair piece? I can take a picture of Agent 13 with that hair if you want.

Why are we forgetting about the polybag?

That motorcycle with sidecar has to be the most accurate set of the wave. :sarcasm_smug::snicker:

Does anyone has an idea what torso to use for Tony in suit? I like how President Buisness torso looks on Tony, but there has to be better fit.

Does anyone has an idea what torso to use for Tony in suit? I like how President Buisness torso looks on Tony, but there has to be better fit.

Lex Luthor? I used Soloman Blaze from Ultra Agents because he has a badge with A on it, which I thought could be a cool little Avengers thing

Maybe try the Executron suit? That's what I'm using for my custom Banner.

Neither is the Roxxon truck from my understanding. If it was, it wasn't in that yellow color.

I remember that Ant Man's tanker was white. Unsure about Roxxon, but it's quite nice we got a Roxxon branded LEGO, rather than a white tanker we could just get in a city set

The sets all were just adaptations really.

Crossbones set had a crossbones version of the truck widow got thrown in and grenaded.Another change was Crossbones was stealing Winter Soldier data instead of a Bio weapon.

The Cap,Bucky,Panther chase just had a cool jeep instead of the generic SUV Cap stole and had the panther jet thrown in.Its obvious pairing(the quinjet) was already in the airport set as it was the main objective of the fight!

the fourth set is fine, Would have prefered a Bus that could break in half but the tanker will be just fine!

A shame we didnt get a Zemo tbh

Edited by Ghostcat

A shame we didnt get a Zemo tbh

True, but a MCU Zemo would look boring (and we could make our own easily enough). We could always get a comic-style Zemo in a future Avengers Assemble set (the internet assures me that Baron Zemo is a major villain in the cartoon... as is Hyperion, explaining why he was released as a minifig). So there's still hope!

Another change was Crossbones was stealing Winter Soldier data instead of a Bio weapon.

Crossbones is stealing a bio weapon in both the movie and the set? Am I missing something?

... but why did they feel the need to throw in that luggage cart?

Because there was no budget for a huge airplane. :laugh:

Edited by gotoAndLego

Crossbones is stealing a bio weapon in both the movie and the set? Am I missing something?

He was 100% stealing a bio weapon, you didn't miss anything. The whole point of that Black Widow vs 2 of crossbones goons was because one guy was threatening to drop to bio weapon killing people before Redwing came in and she made the diving save.

Because there was no budget for a huge airplane. :laugh:

I wouldn't have minded a $120 airport with a couple more figs and an airplane/airport extension!

Regarding the Roxxon truck. In the film it was a white truck with the airport logo. I assume they changed it from the airport logo to Roxxon due to issues of producing a product based on a real location. As for the colour, I assume they wanted something more interesting than a plain, white truck. Or that the concept art had it as a yellow truck instead.

Regarding the Roxxon truck. In the film it was a white truck with the airport logo. I assume they changed it from the airport logo to Roxxon due to issues of producing a product based on a real location. As for the colour, I assume they wanted something more interesting than a plain, white truck. Or that the concept art had it as a yellow truck instead.

I've heard that a plain white truck would look too similar to a City set, and they wanted to make it more Super Hero-centric.

I wouldn't have minded a $120 airport with a couple more figs and an airplane/airport extension!

I'm glad they didn't include a plane in the Civil War sets. It would only push the price up, and anyway, Lego are bringing out new airport sets this summer, such as 60104. This way, if you want planes, you can pick and chose which one(s) to have.

Still kinda surprised that Lego didn't include Tony Stark's black helicopter, though. Lego loves helicopters!

I've heard that a plain white truck would look too similar to a City set, and they wanted to make it more Super Hero-centric.

And nothing says "Super heroes!" like big explosions! Plus, the trailers for the film were full of explosions at the airport; fuel trucks getting blown up makes sense.

Yeah it's like I said earlier, the Civil War wave isn't accurate by "rivet counting" standards, but by Lego standards it's pretty good. Each set can be used to recreate a scene in the film, even if the color and design of vehicles are a bit off.

Overall a huge improvement over the debacle of the Iron Man 3 set accuracy issues! No flaming zambonis this time!

$120 for the airport with extra build to it, the little luggage carrier, Roxxon tanker, Quinjet and Giant Man with Cap, Bucky, Falcon, Hawkeye, Agent 13, Scarlet Witch, Iron Man, War Machine, Vision, Spider Man and Zemo. That would be an awesome worthwhile set

$120 for the airport with extra build to it, the little luggage carrier, Roxxon tanker, Quinjet and Giant Man with Cap, Bucky, Falcon, Hawkeye, Agent 13, Scarlet Witch, Iron Man, War Machine, Vision, Spider Man and Zemo. That would be an awesome worthwhile set

I feel like that figure count is slightly unreasonable, though. Also, Zemo was nowhere near the airport. Agent 13 makes more sense because she met them and gave Team Cap their gadgets before they went to the airport.

Wow, I totally agree with nearly all your points. Personally, I think a (theoretical) Dark Orange version would work best for Widow, but it doesn't exist either. I'm going to order Intergalactic Girl's hairpiece from Bricklink for Agent 13, because I think the current one is just too dark for her. It might be too wavy too, but I'd still like to test it.

Alright, I got the two hairpieces I talked about for the female characters. I think it's an improvement, but I'd love to see what else people have done to make them more accurate.

6xuABzK.jpg

On Agent 13, there are a few problems. First, it's extra obvious that the jacket isn't her look. Anyone have any suggestions for her puffy vest? Also, even this better hairpiece isn't perfect. It's still too voluminous and too wavy. Has anyone tried other pieces on her?

On Black Widow, I think it works okay. It's certainly still not her actual movie look; the blue stripes are still wrong, and the hair is still definitely not as good as Agent 13's in Dark Orange would be, but it's an improvement. It might even be the best purist option.

Like I said, I'd love to see what options you guys have thought of to make the figures more accurate to their Civil War appearances.

Alright, I got the two hairpieces I talked about for the female characters. I think it's an improvement, but I'd love to see what else people have done to make them more accurate.

6xuABzK.jpg

On Agent 13, there are a few problems. First, it's extra obvious that the jacket isn't her look. Anyone have any suggestions for her puffy vest? Also, even this better hairpiece isn't perfect. It's still too voluminous and too wavy. Has anyone tried other pieces on her?

On Black Widow, I think it works okay. It's certainly still not her actual movie look; the blue stripes are still wrong, and the hair is still definitely not as good as Agent 13's in Dark Orange would be, but it's an improvement. It might even be the best purist option.

Like I said, I'd love to see what options you guys have thought of to make the figures more accurate to their Civil War appearances.

For Sharon, try the Trendsetter hair. Same color, but a bit more accurate for her bangs and her part.

For Natasha, I just flipped the hair on this minifigure with the hair on her Avengers minifig. The part and wave are close enough for me, plus it makes her Avengers fig more accurate as well.

As it is, I don't like doubling up on hairstyles across a line, and I use the one you have for Natasha for my Thor (in blonde).

Edited by Butterfingers27