Thanks! All honest critics are welcome. If you mean the front fenders made of flex axles being not consistent with the rest - unfortunately I see no other possibility to make curved shapes and cover more gaps in the bodywork. And nothing is perfect, this MOC still isn´t either. A self designed car would be a new challenge for me, I have such idea in mind, but there are several other projects of "real" cars which will come first. And by the way: I remember our short discussion on "traditional" purist supercars without PF - hopefully I have convinced you that there are other options to make them playful and give some realistic touch anyway :wink:.

Ah yes fenders not benders, my bad :D (i'm from finland) Would it have looked strange if the build was exactly as it is but those 3 flex axles next to each other were "covered" with 3l liftarms? Only downside I can think of is that the fourth inner soft axle which is curved on two axis might look isolated. It looks like on the fenders there already is one 3l liftarm where the soft axles start. I've used that method succesfully on some projects, I think it might work with red parts as the soft axles are the same colour.

Hehe PF-purist conversation was maybe more about the Porsche set or generally for official sets. (for kids to learn :D) But future kids will have Tesla and other electric cars so they wont need to know about combustion engine cars drivetrain :D Your moc is near perfect even with the PF parts!

Edited by drakmin

I took my time, you know me... the rear wheels... but it is a masterpiece anyway, the roof is perfect and without motors would be a masterpiece too. Changing the scale you get more space but the wheels looks small if you see the real one but it is soportable :laugh: . You help me someway, I can´t build my new car, no inspiration :hmpf_bad: and I had thought rebuild my F40 more simple, without gearbox but rebuilding parts I don´t like too much, like the hood, maybe the competizione version I don´t know, anyway I see is a good idea rebuild a MOC. Build supercars is increasingly difficult, the wheels are getting bigger and leaves us much less room for everything...

I´m glad if you´ve come forward with some ideas. Man, there are so many countless nice cars out there! In my very humble opinion - your F40 is really good as it is. What about the rebuild of your Testarossa? I know somebody who would really love to own a copy of it :wink: !

The wheels of real cars are getting bigger and makes the replica smaller if to keep right proportions if you mean that. So there is good news for us with the new Porsche - its wheels are game changers.

Given that no instructions are allowed the images at least should allow some ideas about how to replicate some of the bodywork ideas.

Yeah, I´m sorry about this. But even with more detailed pictures anyway I think some parts would be almost impossible to replicate. For example the engine hood was a nightmare to make - it´s still kind of fragile and underneath looks like a mess. Some "dirty" building techniques of mine can not be recommended to everybody :grin: ...

Ah yes fenders not benders, my bad :D (i'm from finland) Would it have looked strange if the build was exactly as it is but those 3 flex axles next to each other were "covered" with 3l liftarms? Only downside I can think of is that the fourth inner soft axle which is curved on two axis might look isolated. It looks like on the fenders there already is one 3l liftarm where the soft axles start. I've used that method succesfully on some projects, I think it might work with red parts as the soft axles are the same colour.

I have thought about it while building the front fenders. But the last 3L beam, if to "stack" them in a row consistently, would cause a slight collision with the tire when steered and that´s not desirable. And you know what: many don´t like such kind of building, e.g. at my previous model I´ve been told off by some experts of "beam stacking" and I took it seriously for the future :blush: .

Edited by brunojj1

Wow, I'm really late to the game here. I just hope that maybe Bruno had a change of mind and change of heart since October and is considering publishing or selling the instructions for this beast! :-) This is such a masterpiece that I think trying to reverse engineer it would be worth the effort.

Wow, I'm really late to the game here. I just hope that maybe Bruno had a change of mind and change of heart since October and is considering publishing or selling the instructions for this beast! :-) This is such a masterpiece that I think trying to reverse engineer it would be worth the effort.

He won't publish instructions because of an agreement with the buyer.

Thanks, buddy! As stated in the beginning it´s not possible because of the agreement. Besides this the car has many shortcomings, flaws and some "questionable / illegal techniques" are used which don´t need to be discussed here in detail. The model has been designed according to specific custom requirements and priorities which are not desirable for an average builder / user. I bet reverse engineering is not possible from the pictures :tongue: !

There is some hope anyway. A black Spider version scaled 1/8 would be nice as well, hmm?? Maybe I should skip some projects next year and just do what I love doing...

Ferrari-LaFerrari-Autosalon-Genf-2013-474x316-b8df99beb1f6af2f.jpg

Incredible detail there, and pretty fast as well! Sure, there's no gearbox, but who cares when it looks so good!

Don´t you guys have enough of gearboxes out there :wink: ? I have played around a lot with gearboxes recently but would consider a gearbox in a motorized model only if the car behaves more like a real car at speed changes. I just don´t want to see acceleration abruptly stopping while changing gears. We will see what is possible with some advanced double clutches design - a very challenging task, especially with motors.

Don´t you guys have enough of gearboxes out there :wink: ? I have played around a lot with gearboxes recently but would consider a gearbox in a motorized model only if the car behaves more like a real car at speed changes. I just don´t want to see acceleration abruptly stopping while changing gears. We will see what is possible with some advanced double clutches design - a very challenging task, especially with motors.

I've done drum/piano gearbox some time ago, and it's capable of changing gears in ms. My version is too large, but simplier 2-4 speed based on same idea can work in motorised supercar. Here's the link: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=134615&hl=%2Bpiano+%2Bdrum

I've done drum/piano gearbox some time ago, and it's capable of changing gears in ms. My version is too large, but simplier 2-4 speed based on same idea can work in motorised supercar. Here's the link: http://www.eurobrick...hl=+piano +drum

Your gearbox is very nice regarding the great concept behind it! Now just apply it into your MOC, make it work under heavy load and - important - change gears in ms using a single servo! Not as easy, I think. A simple 2- speed is realistic IMO, but nothing special nowadays. A more complicated 4 / 6 / 8 - speed working (!) transmission with XL or RC motors sounds much better IMO, even it could be too ambitious.

Your gearbox is very nice regarding the great concept behind it! Now just apply it into your MOC, make it work under heavy load and - important - change gears in ms using a single servo! Not as easy, I think. A simple 2- speed is realistic IMO, but nothing special nowadays. A more complicated 4 / 6 / 8 - speed working (!) transmission with XL or RC motors sounds much better IMO, even it could be too ambitious.

Yeah - that's true. If you want a car that is fun to drive, you probably don't want any gearbox, or maybe just a simple 2-speed. Most real-life electric cars have a fixed gear - that's because electric motors get their torque right away. I tend to make cars with as many functions as possible rather than making cars that are as fast as possible (my last speed-based car was about 4 months ago, and that reached 10mph with the EV3 system and 3 Large motors).

My Porsche entry (very close to finishing) has an 8-speed paddle-shift gearbox, but still reaches a decent speed. I put a Large motor driving the front on a fixed gear, with the piston engine coupled to the rear via the gearbox (you can probably guess which car I'm basing my entry on just from that). But I bet that if I tried to couple the motor to the piston engine, the car would barely move.

Maybe I should skip some projects next year and just do what I love doing...

So you are designing models for money?

So you are designing models for money?

You know it's not true if left alone. That would be the wrong motivation at first place. But it gives some additional value and accuracy to your finish if you think about fans and collectors - it's more about responsibility to those who want build my models. Nothing wrong with that. Otherwise I have invested too much time into it.

You know it's not true if left alone. That would be the wrong motivation at first place. But it gives some additional value and accuracy to your finish if you think about fans and collectors - it's more about responsibility to those who want build my models. Nothing wrong with that. Otherwise I have invested too much time into it.

I didn't want to sound negative. That's an absolutely positive thing if your skills are valued in the way that people trust you with their money/other way in advance, when you can't just cancel a project because things didn't go as planned. And self motivation, building for yourself is a good thing but building professionally is a different level. You became a real Lego professional and Master MOCer (in TLCB sense).

It would be even better if there were no significant shortcomings and illegal/questionable techniques used, but that's a level beyond that I haven't seen yet (I mean being a pro/master with only legal and techniques). Maybe that's TLG designer level...

I didn't want to sound negative. That's an absolutely positive thing if your skills are valued in the way that people trust you with their money/other way in advance, when you can't just cancel a project because things didn't go as planned. And self motivation, building for yourself is a good thing but building professionally is a different level. You became a real Lego professional and Master MOCer (in TLCB sense).

Thanks anyway for the challenging question! I like your open minded approach to everything. I´m also trying to think outside the box and experience something new where as many components as possible can be put together :classic: . Joint-venture kind of work can be very motivating - thanks to the community :thumbup: ! A friend was willing to pay me something for a 2.0 version´s exclusivity (not compensate hours of work) and that´s all. Honour should go to him. It´s not professional at all! I don´t know many professionals out there (Sariel, .....). And I´m not Master MOCer in TLCB sense, at least I don´t know about it. If somebody wants to be jealous - positive too, go to your workbench :laugh: ...

My son is Ferrari and Lego mad do you make and sell any of your cars. Amazing work. Thank you Elizabeth.

The agreement was an exclusively made model for the client, therefore no instructions will be available. If somebody would ask, sorry about that.

If you read, it says this statement.