Clonecommando007

Age Seperation: Y or N?

But who is to say how truthful anyone is?

Getting people to stay in age groups (maybe I should say maturity groups, because we want to be with the 18+ catagory) would be hard without hiring a bigger group of Moderators, wouldn't it?

You know when young members get to much they end up in the chamber and then banned, we try to be help younger members but when they push we push back.

Not sure what you're trying to say here, what with the grammatical errors...

Anyway, there are two flaws with this age separation idea -- One, you can pretend you're older, and two, kids aren't the only people who are annoying. I mean, they're not. Ever heard of Ahmed Best? X-D

(No insulting intended. Just to be clear. (Not that I can see anything that can be taken as an insult here.))

Not sure what you're trying to say here, what with the grammatical errors...

Anyway, there are two flaws with this age separation idea -- One, you can pretend you're older, and two, kids aren't the only people who are annoying. I mean, they're not. Ever heard of Ahmed Best? X-D

(No insulting intended. Just to be clear. (Not that I can see anything that can be taken as an insult here.))

Well there is the unnecessary call out about his grammar when the point is pretty clear to just about anyone...that could be taken as insulting.

Well there is the unnecessary call out about his grammar when the point is pretty clear to just about anyone...that could be taken as insulting.

Oh snap0rrz! See pwning noobs is fun. :-D

Edited by john cleese

Am I getting to much...? Sorry, I don't know what that means. I don't see what I've done here that could be considered 'pushing.'

Edited for spelling...

Edited by Clonie

...as for the other split it's only sensible to split teenagers from the kids...

You do realize that there are many responsible teenagers on this board dont you?

You do realize that there are many responsible teenagers on this board dont you?

and resposible/mature pre teens?

jifel

As I said, I don't see the point of the separation. I'd fit into the adult group, wouldn't I? There's a flaw.

Am I getting to much...? Sorry, I don't know what that means. I don't see what I've done here that could be considered 'pushing.'

Edited for spelling...

Edited for spelling? Oh the irony :-P And yes, his point was that when kids get too annoying, as we were talking about, there are consequences. I think just about everyone got that...

As I said, I don't see the point of the separation. I'd fit into the adult group, wouldn't I? There's a flaw.

Well would you? You're only 14, and seem to have an attitude to match, so I'm not sure where you were going with that...

Edited for spelling? Oh the irony :-P And yes, his point was that when kids get too annoying, as we were talking about, there are consequences. I think just about everyone got that...

So, just what did I do to be warned by Vader?

EDIT: Oh, and yes, I had to change my sentence to the way Vader spelled it.

Edited by Clonie

So, just what did I do to be warned by Vader?

I dont think he was directing that first comment at you, just explaining how noobs are generally dealt with.

Not sure why they bother anyone, you're not forced to interact with them are you? Then again, I've never played an MMOG, it may just be a rule that you have to talk to noobs and I wasn't informed.

Not sure why they bother anyone, you're not forced to interact with them are you? Then again, I've never played an MMOG, it may just be a rule that you have to talk to noobs and I wasn't informed.

yeah, but it's a good thing you caught the seminar on sarcasm or else you would be totally out to lunch. :-D ;-)

I think noobs can be very destructive if not properly dealt with myself. The idea of a game like, LU is to have fun and noobs can obviously ruin the fun by following you around, mockz0rsing you, etcetera and they should be treated with prejudice. However I also think by pwning them you get a rush that just cant be beat. It's a delicate equalibrium.

Edited by john cleese

This 'rush' sounds good. I think I'll use the noob section. Assuming there's going to be sections.

Then again, there's always adults to pwn with my $l<1|_|_z0rZ. :-D

(^ Is a joke.)

alas, nobody will stay in their groups, so i dont see apoint in groups.

jifel

Edited by jifel

well you know there've been studies that reveal people of different ages have different facial features, maybe there ought to be some sort of screening that makes sure you're the age you say you are. Like lego could issue the official lego age seperator. It would look something like this.

ris-separator.jpg

except, try to imagine it with a bunch of wires coming out of it and anntenae. Yeah, that sounds pretty cool. Oh and blinking lights with a robotic voice that says "does not compute" once in a while.

Anyway, you would hook this up to your computer and it would have a little camera that would take your picture whenever you tried to sign up a new account on Lego Universe. Then a crack team of guys would make sure you didnt look like this

baby.jpg

Then they would put you into the appropriate age group.

Money?...... Whats that? 8-|

Edited by john cleese

you also do realize there are pedophiles in this world dont' you? seriously folks. can the sarcasm. separation is natural. it's to protect you. why do you think they force you to sign a waiver form when you sign on the WoW? or make you get an adult to sign up for you if you are not?

as i said before if you want to play with adults that much, just get your dad or older bro to sign you up. that way they are personally liable if you meet up with a pedophile later on.

and the smarty pants among those who said they can tell by using age separator brick and camera, lol. it's quite simple. MMORPG will require sign up forms and subscription forms. do you have a credit card? well?? you will need your parents to sign you up and they will get your parents to verify your age. companies with mmorpg experience know to cover their megablocks. they won't let a kid sign up without having an adult (who can be traced using either CC no or SS no) verify in the first place.

so this goes back to what i said earlier. if you want to play in the adult group, get your dad to sign you up in the adult group. :-P

Well, lets put it this way:

No! I don't want to be with a bunch of 6 year olds that think they're better than me! *sing*

Sorry, lost my calm there. Basicly I want age seperation.

I would definatly say yes to age seperation in this game there is nothing more irritating than a younger kid swearing more than a drunk and saying how much better they are than you because they got the game a couple of weeks before you!

Though I highly doubt that Lego will do this.

I think it should be 13+. No, stop, do not PM me or reply to this message telling me how I only want it that way because I am thirteen and do not like younger children.I think it should be 13+ for a few reasons;

1. MMO games have to be 13+ or over

2.I would not like to find 50 copies of a multi coloured 'TIM AND JHONS HOUSEHOUSEHOUSE ' in my lego neighbourhood.

3.I'd like to join the eurobricks clan/group/family and play with the AFOLS

*sweet*

EDIT:

and if lego so wish (and believe me they will for the money) they may allow smaller kids to not speak or hear others and only be able to inteact with the other small children and using preset commands.

Edited by goggleson

Honestly, as an adult (30 years), I can definitely say that I would prefer age separation in most videogames. For the most part, teenagers and adults are a very different breed when it comes to gaming. While there are certainly mature young people, the inverse also holds true. As an adult, I enjoy the fact that these forums aren't cluttered with the words "noob" or "suxxorz" to name a few. I enjoy dealing with mature intelligent young people, but at the same time I do feel that age segregation has alot of benefits and I'm not talking about security benefits either. Alot of adults would prefer to keep company with mature like-minded individuals. In an all-ages online game, this isn't likely to happen.

Just my opinion.

I would agree honestly with an age separation, for the sake of the little kids. I also support the filtering out of the lagers into a separate servers to keep speed consistent for those of us not using AOL (faster computers are in a "fast" server too).

I also bet that Lego would try to implant some sort of "profanity filter;" when you send a message, it is briefly sent through a bot program that is loaded and constantly updated with all offensive terms that are known or created. If the message is deemed to have offensive content, it is not posted.

Sifting out the weak ON!