marco9999

MOC Daimler's Motorkutsche

Daimler's Motorkutske

and other historical vehicles.

Hallo everybody. I introduce a MOC which is freely inspired by the first motorized 4-wheel car made in 1886 by the German engineer Gottlieb Daimler.

daimlers_motokutsche.png

I just used parts in the standard LDD brickset, so it should be possible to build the model for real. I hope I can post some nice photoes as soon as I buy the bricks.

In my opinion, the building style is quite similar to "Hobby Sets" released by Lego in the Seventies, on a smaller scale.

260px-Daimler-Motorkutsche_Nachbau_450_416px.jpgdaimler-motorkutsche-1886.jpg

Picture from Wikipedia

If you like this models and the ones in the following posts, please support my projects in Lego Ideas!

Edited by marco9999

Hi! I love your antique car. Very nice representation of the real thing, and you've managed to put a lot of detail in such a small model. Now, it just needs a Gottlieb Daimler minifig.

I definitely like it. You'll have my support. It is 130 years old this year!

That's a nice set for a souvenir to put on a shelf as a gift. I would buy one. Would you buy my 3 sets if you support them? (Pirate Battle Island, Soldiers Arsenal and Kahuka-21). Your unusual building technique of the set attracted my attention. I like creations devoted to jubilees.

I often support LEGO ideas projects of Eurobricks builders and hope to have the same. Good luck.

I definitely like it. You'll have my support. It is 130 years old this year!

That's a nice set for a souvenir to put on a shelf as a gift. I would buy one. Would you buy my 3 sets if you support them? (Pirate Battle Island, Soldiers Arsenal and Kahuka-21). Your unusual building technique of the set attracted my attention. I like creations devoted to jubilees.

I often support LEGO ideas projects of Eurobricks builders and hope to have the same. Good luck.

Well I hadn't noticed the jubilee event - that could be emphasized on the set's box :grin: ... the story is very interesting and controverted, because a 3-wheel "Velociped" was made by Karl Benz few months before Daimer's. So which one is to be awarded as the first car ever?

I tried a virtual build of the Velociped too but the outcome was not so good.

I am glad to support your projcts!

Another historical vehicle:

Orsi "High-pressure Locomobile", 1906, steam-powered tractor.

orsi_locomobile.png

back.png

locomobile_2.png

picture from:

trattoridepocapiacentini.it/orsi%20la%20storia%20le%20macchine.pdf

Edited by marco9999

Another historical vehicle:

Orsi "Locomobile", 1906, steam-powered tractor.

Another great representation! I think you could almost build this in real LEGO bricks, though maybe green instead of dark green. You can find a few sellers selling wagon wheels in strange colors. I've seen red and green, but not dark green.

I find it interesting that this is known as Locomobile. There was also a U.S. car company called Locomobile, and they made steam powered cars at first and then switched to gas. Here is another 1909 Locomobile.

Edited by Brickadier General

I can't believe i've missed this thread. With all the focus on steampunk the real life steampunk like vehicles seem to be completely forgotten. Thank you for making these!

I find it interesting that this is known as Locomobile. There was also a U.S. car company called Locomobile, and they made steam powered cars at first and then switched to gas. Here is another 1909 Locomobile.

Beautiful car. I downloaded the picture because it is quite challenging to build in virtual Lego. There seem to be several "Locomobiles" or "Lokomobiles" in technology museums. They were used as vehicles, tractors, train or industrial locomotives. I am seaching for the ones that may look more credible in a mini-scale Lego build. I have submitted a few on Lego Ideas but also want to show them here.

Entry #3:

Fardier à vapeur (Steam Drain), made by Joseph Nicolas Cugnot in 1771.

As far as I know, it is the first self-moving vehicle ever.

fardier.png

fardier2.png

fardier3.png

fardier_diecast.jpg

A reproduction in scale

Historical Vehicles

Entry #4: Benz Patent Motorwagen "Velociped"

Released in 1885, patented in 1886, it was the first vehicle powered by an internal-combustion engine.

I propose some rendered pictures of a LDD model, with different colours and building solutions. Any feedback is more than welcome.

benz.render.png

benz2.lxf.png

benz5.png

Absolutely amazing vehicles and worthy applicants for the Lego Ideas line, as I mentioned already at another place :wink: Very cool to see you are active here too! :thumbup:

Absolutely amazing vehicles and worthy applicants for the Lego Ideas line, as I mentioned already at another place :wink: Very cool to see you are active here too! :thumbup:

I am mostly active in the Section about Official Sets made with digital tools; someway Lego sets are historical too. And the 3d virtual models are really amazing.

Oh, I forgot: welcome to the Eurobricks!

Edited by marco9999

Thank you!

Personally I build my Lego manually to stay away from computers for a change :wink: And I just love the feeling of putting a set together, even if it can be a serious torture for the fingernails to separate the parts again!

Harrison Steam-powered Tractor

An early steam tractor manufactured in USA at the end of the Nineteenth Century:

harrison3.png

800px-Harrison_Machine_Works_1882_tractor.JPG

source: Wikipedia

Portable Steam Engine

This model represents a portable steam engine, here represented with his chimney folded down, preserved at the museum in Blankenhain Castle in Germany.

portable_s.png

300px-Steam_lokomobile_2_%28aka%29.jpg Source: Wikipedia

Wonderful replicas! They are all so accurate and detailed :thumbup: The steam engine and velociped are my favorites so far :classic:

Wonderful replicas! They are all so accurate and detailed :thumbup: The steam engine and velociped are my favorites so far :classic:

Thank you! There are a few more to post. I hope some day I get what I need to build them in real bricks, although some parts do not exist in that color.