This is my third freebuild this month, so if you're not Eslandolan and like it, please approve.

Department of Science, Elysabethtown

--------------------------------------

Robert McEvan is head clerk of the brand-new library of Elysabethtown. As such, he is a member of the MAESTRO trading company, altough not in the economic branch.

While it for some might just look like extra unpaid work, Robert knew with all his heart that it might be his way into natural philospohy. He had a dream to become an assistant to one of these scientists, and joining an expedition to see things never beheld before. And while he dared barely form the thought himself, somewhere in his mind he hoped one day himself to lead an expedition.

25813017235_0ba24f1fef_z.jpg

25182526814_408f9810b3_z.jpg

25512341980_2bcc4d9b89_z.jpg

----------------------------------------

So, Bregir had the excellent idea of having new members of the society build a small vignette for their scientist. Well, here you are! Altough it is a small build, CC is very welcome.

Edited by TitusV
Upsized Pictures

You've got a non-economic branch in the MAESTRO trade company? What madness is this? pirate_tong.gifpir_laugh2.gif Nice, though a bit ramshakle, build, it certainly conveys a good idea of McEvan's idea of neatness pirate_satisfied.gifpirate_tong.gif I am kind of wondering what that precariously placed vial is meant to do? A couple of other things would be to try to get a shot from a tad lower down for the first pic, and to crop off some of the excess white on the top and bottom in all the pictures which I believe you could do even with the little edit thing on Flickr pirate_classic.gif Nice job overall though!

Upsized those pics for you and fixed the title as well pirate_wink.gif

You've got a non-economic branch in the MAESTRO trade company? What madness is this? pirate_tong.gifpir_laugh2.gif Nice, though a bit ramshakle, build, it certainly conveys a good idea of McEvan's idea of neatness pirate_satisfied.gifpirate_tong.gif I am kind of wondering what that precariously placed vial is meant to do? A couple of other things would be to try to get a shot from a tad lower down for the first pic, and to crop off some of the excess white on the top and bottom in all the pictures which I believe you could do even with the little edit thing on Flickr pirate_classic.gif Nice job overall though!

Upsized those pics for you and fixed the title as well pirate_wink.gif

Thank you!

I certainly need to improve my photographing!

I'd recommend a photo showing the character's face, but the overall build suggests a cramped, cluttered, improvised work space and looks pretty good. After all, I'd imagine a mercantile company has fewer resources for projects with low material rewards.

Sea Rats :thumbup:

Neat little scene. For such a small base there is much going on. The only tiny little detail that I would have changed is turning the dish around. But that's no big deal.

Great little vignette, TItus!

I really like the organised mess on and around his table, He seems to be working in a lot of different fields at the same time. One can only hope he will have his breakthrough and be accepted to join an expedition, or even be invited to become a fellow of the Society one day!

The Society wishes him all the best, and shall be looking forward to one day accepting him as a colleague.

Neat little scene. With all the clutter, is there anything that he doesn't have going on? :pir-wink:

Establishing this Department of Science is a good idea, and hopefully some good material will come from it. :classic: