Peppermint_M

LEGO Ninjago 2017 Discussion

Update: DF is $80 and SVXl is $50. 

Oh yeah!

(ignore bottom prices, I just took this on a random shelf)

Someone wanted armor analysis, so here's the Vermillion one. Decided to open just VXL before Christmas, where Nya has no new face, but both Kai and Nya have new faces in the Forge.

New Faces:

Oh yeah!

Armor and helmet:

Vermillion Armor Early AnalysisVermillion Armor Early AnalysisVermillion Armor Early Analysis

Edited by legozebra

Thanks. I'm the one who requested to check those armours.

The last picture -- it is covers the lower part if the head quite a bit... So I think many helmets wi be incompatible with the armour.

18 minutes ago, MasterofElements said:

Could you post a photo of the TV show image of the Time Twins facing Nya and Kai? The one on the back of the box. 

Haven't we already seen it though?

And it looks like the turtleneck armor goes a bit too high. Are there any Lego pieces that can make the head rise?

This is one of those waves where a normal buyer will genuinely not understand what's happening in the sets.

Edited by gamejutzu

I don't think there is a way around it unless you want to make your minifigures look like giraffe.

2 hours ago, Takanuinuva said:

Is that 50$ American?

Yup, bought in the States. (Washington)

3 hours ago, makoy said:

Thanks. I'm the one who requested to check those armours.

The last picture -- it is covers the lower part if the head quite a bit... So I think many helmets wi be incompatible with the armour.

Agreed. I do like how the armor meshes with the helmet, but it hampers reusability.

So Samurai VXL will be around 60 dollars Canadian?! What madness is this :angry: It's only 428 pieces.

On another note. I hope that new Nya face isn't exclusive to Dragon's forge. I'm getting tired of replacing all the new Nya's heads with her 2011 one

Edited by Takanuinuva

7 minutes ago, Takanuinuva said:

So Samurai VXL will be around 60 dollars Canadian?! What madness is this :angry: It's only 428 pieces.

Ahaahahhha. Try $70 AUD! Anyway, the new faces for Kai and Nya look great! Day one purchase for sure.

Just picked up the vermillion attack set from my local target.  Nice small impulse buy, definitely better than some of the more recent low price point sets in terms of figures included.  The store worker noted they were street marked at January 8th, but was chill about it. 

5 hours ago, legozebra said:

Update: DF is $80 

:wub::wub::wub:

Give us your opinion on the VXL when you are done.

Wow 80$ is a great price for DF! It's weird though Samurai X cave set had around the same amount of pieces but costed 120$. Where's a logic here? Not that I'm complaining, I will definitely get DF for the great price of 80$!

2 hours ago, Penkid11 said:

:wub::wub::wub:

Give us your opinion on the VXL when you are done.

Just built the VXL! Will post a full pictorial review tomorrow night-ish.

Love the steering - it reminds me of one of my favorite childhood sets - the Space Police Spy Trak. $50 is a bit steep though, especially in comparison to the magnificent $80 Forge... 

edit: Manual Pics

Manual adsManual adsManual ads

And the car itself:

VXL

Edited by legozebra

8 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

Wow 80$ is a great price for DF! It's weird though Samurai X cave set had around the same amount of pieces but costed 120$. Where's a logic here? Not that I'm complaining, I will definitely get DF for the great price of 80$!

Samurai X Cave Chaos had a lot of big parts like BURPs, wall panels, and large plates and tiles. According to BrickLink it weighs a whopping 2435 grams, which makes it the heaviest Ninjago set besides the Temple of Airjitzu. Dragon's Forge seems to use a lot of smaller parts, especially on the fusion dragon, and not nearly so many big and bulky parts. So while it has a similar piece count, it wouldn't surprise me if it weighs considerably less.

That said, I'm as happy as anyone about this price. For how beautiful the set is and how much play value it offers, $80 is an outstanding value regardless of what the weight turns out to be.

Loving Kai and Nya's new face prints with the glowing eyes! We'd previously seen these faces on the Wu-Cru Level 11 badges. However, previous pics of the sets made me question whether they'd actually be appearing in the sets. Now that new face prints are confirmed for Kai, Nya, and Zane, I hope the other three ninja also get new face prints to match!

Kai's new face print still has his scar, which I know will disappoint some people… however, I personally don't mind the scar, and if the creators of Ninjago wanted to make the show and sets match, I'd kinda prefer it if they gave him a scar in the show rather than having the scar he's had all along in the sets abruptly disappear.

The new key visual is lovely, and I hope LEGO releases a downloadable poster of it on Facebook like they have for many of the other recent key visuals.

8 minutes ago, Black7towr said:

Does anyone have the dpci for the Dragon Forge set?

Here's everything - that's how I got it! :)

Vermillion attack is probably the best small set Ninjago's ever had. You get so much content with this: 3 figures with some nice accessories, and some really neat bricks as well.

20 minutes ago, gamejutzu said:

Vermillion attack is probably the best small set Ninjago's ever had. You get so much content with this: 3 figures with some nice accessories, and some really neat bricks as well.

Maybe... but I almost wish the lever were somewhere on the front instead of on the back, so that you could link up four of them like you could with this set.

38 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

Maybe... but I almost wish the lever were somewhere on the front instead of on the back, so that you could link up four of them like you could with this set.

You could always switch things out... Besides, I doubt kids would buy four of these.

1 hour ago, legozebra said:

Opened up the amazing Dragon Forge - typing up the review now.

Looking forward to see what's new there.