Bart

Derr Merchants warehouse

tumblr_o0698c58tf1v3ybdko1_540.jpg

tumblr_o0698c58tf1v3ybdko3_250.jpgtumblr_o0698c58tf1v3ybdko4_250.jpg

Rodsh Derr is visiting his good friend Jacob who runs his warehouse for Rodsh.

The Derr family used to be a famous and rich free merchant family. But after the death of Rodsh his parents died in a house fire, and Rodsh himself disappeared at sea, the family business diminished.

The last thing Derr senior did is open a warehouse in the new colonies and send cousin Jacob over to run it.

The Derr warehouse is known among both the sides of the law, as you can buy anything their, and Jacob buys and sells without to much questions asked.

At the moment they have a boat, spare mast, canon, shakos and other items in stock.

Jacob makes sure all the paperwork is correct, and taxes and bribes are paid.

At the moment Rodsh is trying to sell his liquor trough the warehouse, but Jacob ensures him there is no market for it at the moment. So Rodsh is going to take it to Bastion instead, but first his ship needs repairs.

The warehouse looks a bit shaggy and may require a new coat of paint, but the looks help to keep a low profile, the structure is sound and the roof watertight.

@game staff (Or how do I address you?) I intent to play this game to the fullest, so my character owns this building.

Do I have to pick a spot where it is situated or do you do that?

Bart

PS; the build up surface is 16x16 but I don't have a smaller baseplate (sorry)

Edited by Bart

Thanks!

I was kind of worried that my different colour 20 year old 'white' bricks would make it look weird, therefore the story about the paint. But it did work out on the photos.

@game leaders

If I where to place this on an Eslandonian colony, would that work?

how big is the change my shady business is caught and forcibly taken by the law, or me being fined?

I wouldn't want poor Jacob to be hung obviously.

Bart

Nice warehouse Bart, I like the piles of miscellaneous ship stuff! :pir-sweet: Having the building resting on the posts was a good idea as well, and the red roof looks a little better than I would have figured! I would advise you to try to get a pic from a lower angle if you still have it built, it would be a lot easier to see everything that's going on :pir-wink: Also, it would probably look better just on the posts without the extra large baseplate down there :pir-grin:

On game mechanics, you'll pick where you want the warehouse located. You can own property in Eslandolan territory and place your warehouse in a city (just state that you want to place it there in the settlement thread for that city, which we should hopefully be getting up before too long), though there is a very small chance of having your warehouse being taken over by the Eslandolan government. You shouldn't have to worry about Jacob getting hung, but if caught selling such stuff he might be ditched to the Sea Rats (though it appears that he wouldn't necessarily mind that all that much! :pir-laugh:), but it is extremely unlikely that something like that would happen :pir-wink:

On another note, the prefixes in the thread titles are not necessary, just remember to register it via the freebuild webform and freebuild registration thread (which I see you've already done), so I'll go ahead and take it out of yours :pir-classic:

Nice story and moc :-) and directly to the spirit of BoBS! i always love fictional pirate stories :-)

Edited by blackdeathgr

Garmadon, without the baseplate the whole thing would become somewhat unstable :look:

I'll build a custom plate base the next moc(s) :)

Its sort of in one piece, but the 'props' aren't. I had to put it on the floor to put it into direct light. Next time clear out my desk so I can get better camera angles.

Sweet, I'll post it into a city when that option comes online, (if the taxes aren't to high :D)

Bart

Looks great Bart! I understand the need for the base plate but I think it would fit better with the building at the back left corner. It would look like it was on the edge of the sea. I can sure tell the warehouse owner has been robbing the imperial supply chests. Great story to go with it.

For me it's the more fun when there is a story to tell. even if it's just a few lines.

I see points for improvement for the next build :sweet:

Nice little warehouse. I agree with you, there is more fun if there is a story to tell.

Feel free to tell us more and keep building !

Just a little note : there is no apple in this storage ? Felipe could provide you some...

Fruits are on demand, they are being supplied to ships a lot!

If they are fresh and have no weird spots Jacob can make you a nice price.

Nice little warehouse you've got there. I like the concept just because it's different, and the seemingly random assortment of items on hand looks pretty good and fits the setting well. I see you've already addressed a few tips for the future, which sounds promising. Keep it up.

You are all way to nice for me! :grin:

Personally I like the scene of my introduction post better. click but I guess that topic isn't ment for responses much.

There is more of the backstory of Rodsh there.

Bart

Nice warehouse Bart!!

I am sure my merchants will not hesitate to stop by if they are in need for something very specific :D