Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

he's not in the Hall of mirrors scenes...so I don't think he's in that set

It's still possible to get Luke in Hall of Mirrors if Lego includes him as the teaser force vision/flashback version.

What is the Hall of Mirrors? I know its a set, but do we have any context about what this is?

What is the Hall of Mirrors? I know its a set, but do we have any context about what this is?

There is a star wars comic that has Jar jar binks, Anakin (Kid), and someone named Finn (not the one you think). Its a place in coruscant. But thats pretty much the only official info, and it may not be related to the Lego one.

There is a star wars comic that has Jar jar binks, Anakin (Kid), and someone named Finn (not the one you think). Its a place in coruscant. But thats pretty much the only official info, and it may not be related to the Lego one.

Yeah, I doubt they'd make a set based on some obscure comic. This may be the most intriguing set...

Also, with the hair piece they've made for Finn, there is no way that Lando won't be in the Freezing Chamber set. The hair piece is obviously perfect for Lando, and LEGO has done this before: releasing a hair piece in one set before it was included on a fig that we expected it would be used on (best examples are the Endor Leia hair first appearing in Castle sets and Ewok Village Leia hair first appearing in the CMF series).

Yeah, I doubt they'd make a set based on some obscure comic. This may be the most intriguing set...

Also, with the hair piece they've made for Finn, there is no way that Lando won't be in the Freezing Chamber set. The hair piece is obviously perfect for Lando, and LEGO has done this before: releasing a hair piece in one set before it was included on a fig that we expected it would be used on (best examples are the Endor Leia hair first appearing in Castle sets and Ewok Village Leia hair first appearing in the CMF series).

Yes, though, Lando would look extremely simmilar to finn.

Yes, though, Lando would look extremely simmilar to finn.

The only similarity would be the hair, which isn't a big deal. The rest of his costume looks nothing like what Finn wears. Han and Luke have always shared the same simple hairpiece and it isn't a big deal. Sure, they have different coloured hair, but Han's hair is styled differently from Luke's, but LEGO doesn't really care about 100% accuracy because they can't manage it.

The only similarity would be the hair, which isn't a big deal. The rest of his costume looks nothing like what Finn wears. Han and Luke have always shared the same simple hairpiece and it isn't a big deal. Sure, they have different coloured hair, but Han's hair is styled differently from Luke's, but LEGO doesn't really care about 100% accuracy because they can't manage it.

Yes though, when it comes to lego, im not 100% purist, because, well its Lego. And i dont heallly care if the hyperdrive on the falcon is on the right side or centered. And same goes to Minifigs. I would not care if the hairstyle is different, as long as Han doesnt have a mohawk.

I don't wanna spoil anything, but if you wanna spoil it for yourselves, click here.

After reading all 400+ posts, I have these opinions and guesses:

For the TFA Battle Packs I would expect probably 3 stormtroopers and one snowtrooper in the FO one, and 3 generic resistance soldiers and another special one.

For the Battlefront ones I can think of 3 Tantive IV rebels and probably an alien (Rodian or Sullustan) for the rebels battlepack and three stormies and some vehicle pilot (AT-ST for example) or an updated Scout Trooper in the Empire.

For the microfighters, I think we will get Hera with the Ghost, a pilot with the TIE Advanced Prototype, a non-generic Wookie with the Wookie Gunship and a pilot or Kallus with the AT-DP.

Obi-Wan's interceptor is probably the blue one, and might include extra figures other than Obi-Wan and the astromech, just like set 9494 did (probably a phase II Cody and a separatist villain).

I am excited for the Droid Escape pod, as I did not get the old one and the newest C-3PO I have is the one from 8092, back in 2010 and I do not have an updated R2 either. But I find it weird that LEGO will release another version of this set only 4 years after the older one, as it was more than ten years with the previous one, so it shall include something extra, probably one or two Jawas.

The Carbon Freezing Chamber sounds good. It may include some cool minifigures (my bet is Carbonite Han (probably the same as the last version), Bespin Han, an Ughnaught and Boba) and a small build that will feature some type of mechanism to freeze Han. I am not sure on the idea of a modular-like Cloud City, I do not think it will happen, even though I do like that idea.

Regarding the Hoth Attack I would put my money on a Wampa Cave re-release, based on the Hoth mini movie. In it we see the trench, the cannons, the base itself and some snowspeeders, which I believe will be included in the UCS set, but we also see the Wampa cave and Han in a Taun-Taun, which I think is what we will see here.

Anakin's podracer would be cool, as all other sets are either too old or expensive and I do not have it. As for minifigures, I predict we will see a new version of Padme and probably Shmi Skywalker as well as o course young Anakin with probably a new hairpiece, as the current one has been out for years and is not completly accurate I believe.

Kanan's Speeder Bike will probably be somewhat similar to Ezra's speeder bike set and include Kanan (of course) and some imperial minifigs such as stormtroopers or AT-DP pilots, as those are the ones driving speeder bikes in the series.

For the Homing Spider Droid and Snowspeeder I doubt they will become real, as I find it really strange (specially for the snowspeeder, unless it is from Rebels or TFA, which I doubt), but if they do become real it would be quite a strange move from TLG.

I am 100% sure that the A-Wing Starfighter is from Rebels, given that it seems to be important on Season 2 and that we have few Rebels sets. I personally believe it will include adult Ahsoka, a pilot from the series (with the B-Wing helmet) and probably some other character from the rebel alliance.

For the TFA sets I have no clue as I have not been following the spoilers, but I hope to see Luke, Leia, 3PO and R2, because even if they rarely appear in the movie, they are important in the OT, and that is why they are in the movie.

Regarding the February wave I doubt it will happen, given that we would have 4 lines in 2016 (January, February, Summer and September for Rouge One). I have also read that the January line may be released in December, but I doubt it, since we should have already seen pictures of the sets if that was true.

Finally, the 500$ exclusive set seems likely but not for February, since it would be only 3 months before May the 4th. My guess is a Star Destroyer.

Please note that these are only my thoughts and guesses, so I could be completely wrong. Only time (and pics) will tell! Also, If I have said something is unlikely and you have good sources that prove I am wrong, I am open to hear them!

David

I hope the $500 set is TFA either the Finalizer Star Destroyer or the FO Snow Base (that may be too much like Hoth lol) so maybe another Maz Castle set...

what do you guys think of Anakin's podracer? we have seen ep1 c-3po in one of the animations, do you think he'Ll appear in this set? and also shmi I hope.

I'm hoping for Shimi, Padme and C-3PO to appear in the Podracer set. I mean there have been alot of characters who have been in animations but not in any sets but I think 3PO has a good chance.

I think the Wampa cave will be in the UCS Echo base, and the Hoth attack will have the trench and cannon.

And the freezing chamber, with Han, Lando and Bobba

I'm hoping for Shimi, Padme and C-3PO to appear in the Podracer set. I mean there have been alot of characters who have been in animations but not in any sets but I think 3PO has a good chance.

I agree. There is a pretty nice Ep. 1 version of him that appears in Droid Tales Ep.1, so I think he will probably be there! In the video we also see Shmi, so fingers crossed :)

I have a feeling we may finally get that weird two-headed announcer guy and Shimi in the podracer set.

Edited by Ultron

After reading all 400+ posts, I have these opinions and guesses:

Regarding the Hoth Attack I would put my money on a Wampa Cave re-release, based on the Hoth mini movie. In it we see the trench, the cannons, the base itself and some snowspeeders, which I believe will be included in the UCS set, but we also see the Wampa cave and Han in a Taun-Taun, which I think is what we will see here.

Regarding the February wave I doubt it will happen, given that we would have 4 lines in 2016 (January, February, Summer and September for Rouge One). I have also read that the January line may be released in December, but I doubt it, since we should have already seen pictures of the sets if that was true.

Please note that these are only my thoughts and guesses, so I could be completely wrong. Only time (and pics) will tell! Also, If I have said something is unlikely and you have good sources that prove I am wrong, I am open to hear them!

David

Hi David,

Many of your thoughts sound good.

But: The hoth attack will only be 29,99 EUR, so I doubt that we will see a wampa or taun-taun.

There will definetely be a december 2015 wave and another in february 2016.

I don't know anything about summer and autumn, but I bet we will see some more sets in June/july and a big promoting wave for rogue one in autumn.

Just my thoughts...

Hi David,

Many of your thoughts sound good.

But: The hoth attack will only be 29,99 EUR, so I doubt that we will see a wampa or taun-taun.

There will definetely be a december 2015 wave and another in february 2016.

I don't know anything about summer and autumn, but I bet we will see some more sets in June/july and a big promoting wave for rogue one in autumn.

Just my thoughts...

Edited by CelceBricks

The Wampa cave could be the Hoth Attack. It'd only come with one, maybe 2 figs. Hulk (a bigfig) came in the Hulkbuster set and that was $30 and had 3 other minfigs and a larger build than what we've seen of the new looking cave so far.

The Wampa cave could be the Hoth Attack. It'd only come with one, maybe 2 figs. Hulk (a bigfig) came in the Hulkbuster set and that was $30 and had 3 other minfigs and a larger build than what we've seen of the new looking cave so far.

Yes, but thats the Marvel line. The same rules don't apply to Star Wars, or at least they don't seem to.

Yes, but thats the Marvel line. The same rules don't apply to Star Wars, or at least they don't seem to.

Sure, but the last Wampa cave was 35.99 Euro so it's possible they'll give us less terrain to compensate for the lower price.

Sure, but the last Wampa cave was 35.99 Euro so it's possible they'll give us less terrain to compensate for the lower price.

Perhaps. But if they do make the cave, I'd want it to be a bit bigger than the last one, which was lame because the Snowspeeder stole the show. I'd rather see a $40 set with Luke, Han, the Wampa and Han's taun taun and all the pieces being used for the cave. Plus, all the functions would also be in the cave, and it could be so much more detail on the inside. Perhaps LEGO could even do some neat SNOT builds. One can dream...

I mean, it's not really a rule. A big fig is a big fig and I'm saying it's possible to see one in a $30 set as it has happened before.

I have a feeling we may finally get that weird two-headed announcer guy and Shimi in the podracer set.

Shmi sounds plausible after all this time, I'm not so sure about the two-headed alien. Maybe of they included some of the stands as well? They have repeatedly done that lately, with the landing stuff in the naboo starfighter and the new Tfa X Wing.

What I'd like is more secondary podracer, remakes of gasgono and alder beedo perhaps? They were all quite memorable and we always need more aliens in star wars Sets!

I watched the episode where 3-po appears, it seems the podracer design is the last set, unless they are rereleasing the same thing, it doesn't show us any hint about the set.

If you watched Droid Tales they are in it, I can see Lego doing it.