Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

So I've been thinking what if the UCS Death Star is based off the one in Rouge One? Anyways all of the sets look great!

I think this was put to bed several pages back when it was confirmed(?) that an OT astromech which appeared in ANH was part of the new set. Although now that I think of it, as ANH and RO share at least some of the same timeline, is it possible the same droid would also be on a RO deathstar? I really hope not, we've waited long enough for this DS update, I really hope it is all OT.

The black Imperial Shuttle reminds me the "Escape" ship from "Kanan - The Last Padawan" comics

There's no reason that the new Death Star could have elements from both RO and the OT. The first one had stuff from ANH and ROTJ, and lots of minifigs to match accordingly.

Also, I've noticed there's no Forest Whittaker or Mads Mikkelson characters in this wave, which for sure guarantees us a few more sets. Hopefully we'll see some more Rebellion based sets since this first wave is pretty light on the good guys in terms of vehicles.

PS: I also just noticed it looks as if Baze's big gun has something attached to the lower part of the grip, seems as if it connects to his backpack, however we all know that that particular piece used for the base of his gun doesn't have such a connection. I wonder what that is.

Edited by Fives

PS: I also just noticed it looks as if Baze's big gun has something attached to the lower part of the grip, seems as if it connects to his backpack, however we all know that that particular piece used for the base of his gun doesn't have such a connection. I wonder what that is.

It's a short chain, attached not to the base but to the far side of the gun.

Um I found something that has the images on Reddit, can I post it or no?

No. Until The Lego Group officially releases the photos, they're still "leaks" and shouldn't be posted.

It's a short chain, attached not to the base but to the far side of the gun.

Ah yes, that's what it is, good eye.

I really like how, since the TFA sets, LEGO has started using gunmetal grey to distinguish between good and bad weapons. All (or at least most) of the Rebel/hero weapons are gunmetal, while the Imperials all use standard black blasters (except Krennic of course). It's a nice touch, and I hope LEGO continues with it and even widens the variety of colours in the times to come.

- speaking of females: She's the only one in the whole wave - what a throwback, after the latest (positive) developments.

- the trooper on the right just seems to have a short mouth. No lipstick - & what did Lego teach us: no females without lipstick....

Maybe it's just the quality of the image I have, but it looks like the rebel in the top right corner has red lips. Hopefully someone can confirm/deny? (Probably deny)

I'm not sure it's really meant to be that strict a separation... Phasma's got a silver gun, too, and two Rebel troops in the RO sets have black blasters with Technic half-pins on 'em (presumably they're meant to represent DH-17s, but small blasters w/ pins are so much better for those!). This is probably more about getting the gunmetal blasters out in wider distribution, perhaps (wish they'd do the same with the gunmetal saber hilt, too... it'll be interesting to see if Chirrut's staff or Jyn's blaster really are as silver as the silver hilts suggest in the actual film, and Rey's staff would be a lot nicer if it had gunmetal hilts on, like, a tan bar maybe--or gunmetal, once they make one)

Am I the only one who doesn't like these sets? the tank, the TIE, the U wing and the black ship look quite ugly to me.

Plus there are no old stormtroopers, the only interesting part of it are the new rebel soldiers and the black trooper, but that is not enough to get me interested into these sets.

Am I the only one who doesn't like these sets? the tank, the TIE, the U wing and the black ship look quite ugly to me.

Plus there are no old stormtroopers, the only interesting part of it are the new rebel soldiers and the black trooper, but that is not enough to get me interested into these sets.

The rumor is that the regular stormies will be in January's Battle Packs, and/or any new Rogue One sets in the Winter wave.

I don't wish to complain considering the plethora of new molds but I was sort of hoping we were going to get new rebel blaster molds. We desperately need more variety in our blasters. Thank the maker we're getting pearl silver and gunmetal variations, but still. If we just got either an Imperial mold and a Rebel mold then that would be gold.

I'm really worried Lego is going to introduce new Stormies. I bought a bunch of the Imperial Battlepack so I feel I have an updated imperial army. If they come out with one with new torso and waist printing gahhhh :wall:

Edited by Forresto

Yeah the lack of regular storm troopers is disappointing. Say what you will about the frown face rebels ones, but for 12 Bucks you get 4 of them and a decent variety of pieces. I just hope they do away with the dumb projectile launching blasters.

I will say that the new Tan Trooper looks pretty cool, but not enough to warrant buying a set. I'm sure these are gonna be way over priced and I could probably build them from my stock alone. The rebel ship looks weak. IDK maybe the AT-ST I'd buy. The new TIE looks cool but probably priced higher than it should be.

I don't wish to complain considering the plethora of new molds but I was sort of hoping we were going to get new rebel blaster molds. We desperately need more variety in our blasters. Thank the maker we're getting pearl silver and gunmetal variations, but still. If we just got either an Imperial mold and a Rebel mold then that would be gold.

I'm really worried Lego is going to introduce new Stormies. I bought a bunch of the Imperial Battlepack so I feel I have an updated imperial army. If they come out with one with new torso and waist printing gahhhh :wall:

I seriously doubt both of these. In regard to the blasters, LEGO hit the jackpot with their mold they've been using since 2007 because it works well enough for so many of the basic blasters in the Star Wars universe. Yes, there's a lot of distinctions between all the weapons through the eras, but seeing as how LEGO hasn't done it yet, and we all know they could if they wanted to, I doubt they will, at least maybe for a while.

As for the Stormies, I'd be quite upset as well if they changed the printing. However, I also doubt this would happen since they really nailed the details for all the printing so well that's changing it wouldn't be worth the cost.

Will the next wave consist only of RO sets and the UCS Death Star or will it include some Rebels sets as well?

I am still hoping for that Malachor set and the Seventh Sister minifig.

Edited by Devizz

Will the next wave consist only of RO sets and the UCS Death Star or will it include some Rebels sets as well?

As far as I know, there will be more RO sets next year. Don't know about the rest.

Edited by amazingbricks

As far as I know, there will be more RO sets next year. Don't know about the rest.

Thanks for sharing. ;) Looking forward to AT-ACT.

I am still hoping for that Malachor set and the Seventh Sister minifig.

No more Rebels sets this year, I'm sure we'll get something in the winter wave next year.

I wonder if, and hope that, LEGO included an actual hair piece for Jyn. If the hat/hair hybrid is the only headpiece we get for her, that'll be a little annoying, seeing as there is t really a good hair piece to accurately represent her hair (seemingly short at the back while parted down the middle). The current standard long female ponytail piece (used in the CG image) is ok, but likely too long at the back. Maybe if LEGO is willing to release so many one-off molds for this wave they'd be generous and throw in a new hair piece for Jyn. Plus, it's always nice to get new female hair for variety.

I wonder if, and hope that, LEGO included an actual hair piece for Jyn. If the hat/hair hybrid is the only headpiece we get for her, that'll be a little annoying, seeing as there is t really a good hair piece to accurately represent her hair (seemingly short at the back while parted down the middle). The current standard long female ponytail piece (used in the CG image) is ok, but likely too long at the back. Maybe if LEGO is willing to release so many one-off molds for this wave they'd be generous and throw in a new hair piece for Jyn. Plus, it's always nice to get new female hair for variety.

If they don't include hair for her, then I expect it'll be with her in a Winter wave set.

The minifigures look fantastic. I like how much variety there is with the weapons. The builds look good too. The black shuttle is the only one that doesn't really impress me. Hopefully the movie will change that, and hopefully the sets are more accurate than the first TFA wave.

not to mention a big scalper. I dont think lego should give sets free to resellers.

Im really excited for w K-250. Some thing disappointing is that there is no regular shore-trooper because I didnt think they had a blue arm in the leaked photo of the shore trooper.

My wallet is dieing

K-2SO.