Sign in to follow this  
muffinbrick

[TC9][WIP] roadster/hotrod?

Wow! O must say this turned out pretty damn good! :thumbup:

Looking forward to seeing the B-model!

Nice looks, especially front and head lights :thumbup: I also like interior aka seats and gear shifter :classic: And my favorite is that boxer engine :sweet: It's like Fiat Barchetta but with rear engine, I just love it, really well done :thumbup: Keep up the good work with B model :wink:

Wow very nice! This looks really good, I can't wait to see what kind of B Model you can achieve :classic:

Thank you :classic: My inspiration were cars such as Alfa Spider, Fiat Barchetta, Mazda MX5 or MG F, however it don't represent none of them directly. B-model will be some kind of hotrod with straight engine behind front axle.

Great model. It slightly reminds me of 5767 except in a studless form

However, I'm not a fan of the red and yellow color scheme, it feels a bit gaudy. I think it would look very good in blue or black. Looking forward to the B model :classic:

Well, I must say that this color scheme is huge compromise. I just have 6 sets, from small to mid scale. Most of my panels and liftarms(with exeption of all kinds of gray) is in red thanks to 42029 and partially 42024+42040, and then in white(42040) and yellow(42024+42028+42035). Unfortunately, many of them I have only in yellow, so I've had to decided to make this color scheme or sacrifice shaping. Finaly it works better, then I've worried. As you can see, there is also one white bionicle tooth in front of left mirror, just to test, how it works in whole design. Now I'm going to make list of parts, which I'll need for different color schemes(I could try orange/white red/white, black/yellow etc.) but don't know, if there are all those panels in those colors, so I have to check BL.

I also want to make this one in LDD before starting work on B-model. I wonder, how many parts is built in it, Last time I've tried to count them, there were about 250, but it was barely at half of the building process.

Edited by muffinbrick

I like it a lot! The foldable roof is very nice. I do feel the wheel arches look a bit crude. You could possibly make the bonnet narrower by removing the red beams, and use a flexible axle to make a cruved arch. You'd then have a problem connecting the bonnet though. It's less of a problem to me at the back.

I have made concept of potential B-model - hotrod. Final model will be 12 studs high, 19 wide and max 43 studs long. It will have steering, straight 4 pistons motor, rear diferential, openable doors and maybe something else, acording to available parts.

640x425.jpg

OK, so now I am finished with my A - model - roadster. It has taken a lot of time to make it in different color scheme but finaly I did it with some small compromises(those half bushes in black are ridicolously expensive on BL, so I refused to take them). I also made some small upgrades in structure and shaping. All functions stayed, as they had been.

Here are some pictures, I'll also try to edit video this weekend.

640x425.jpg640x425.jpg640x425.jpg640x425.jpg640x425.jpg640x425.jpg640x425.jpg640x425.jpg640x425.jpg640x425.jpg640x425.jpg640x425.jpg640x425.jpg640x425.jpg640x425.jpg

I think the roof must go deeper into the body, but the rest is fine. We'll done mate, waiting for your B-model.;-)

Waouh ! It's looking better than "official" models !!!!

Great work !

Looks great, some nice functions.

That looks stunning :thumbup:

Really nice roadster. Well done.

Excellent model indeed!

Thak you all :classic:

I think the roof must go deeper into the body, but the rest is fine. We'll done mate, waiting for your B-model.;-)

Yes, I know that, this model is far from flowless. I have some ideas to make it better, but some of them would need to rebuild it completely, which is too late for the contest, and for some simlier ideas I just dont have enough proper parts. Maybe when cotest will end, I'll try some upgrades, because besides those flaws, I'm realy satisfied with apearance and functions of this roadster, so I would like to make it even better.

OK, as I said, here is first video edit of A - model:

Here is my actual progress on B - model. It's about 60% done, I have to make whole interior, steering control and some details here and there.

640x425.jpg

OK, so here is finished B model - hotrod:

functions - rear differential conected to straight 4 piston motor, steering operated by HOG and working steering wheel, openabe doors and adjustable seat back

640x425.jpg640x425.jpg640x425.jpg640x425.jpg640x425.jpg640x425.jpg640x425.jpg640x425.jpg

Very nice indeed. I like how you used 2 of those huge panels from the A-model on the sides of the engine. Very clean B-model. It's that your A-model is slightly more awesome or else I'd consider this the A-model :thumbup: