ArchieNov

[MOD] UCS Slave 1 (anti-droop/bend when on stand)

Thank you BrickCommander and everyone else in this thread for coming with input. I just bought this model, do I have to worry about droop or not?

Well if it happens for others, there is no reason it won't happen to you, in more or less big proportions => But you can try some MODs described in this topic, if you have some parts to make MOCs and a bit of time, try an even better modification described previously by Anio.

These 2 copies from the final model review were put together over 2 years ago and kept in the Star Wars area at LEGO in exactly this position on their display stands. Instead of throwing them away I turned one into Jango's and kept both. They are not glued or anything and exactly as they have been all the time, nobody has touched them.

Today I took them on their first journey to the photo room:

Slaves.jpg

As you can see the "gap" isn't one bit wider than on the day they were built. So I'd say you shouldn't worry about your own Slave One, even if you keep it on display in flying mode all the time.

Edited by BrickCommander

I want those bricks and pieces to make my Slave 1 Jango's ship too! I'm tempted to BrickLink those blue pieces but will I be disappointed? >.<

That Jango's facelift looks neat! I may like it even more. I think I need to build some shrunken version asap :)

I want those bricks and pieces to make my Slave 1 Jango's ship too! I'm tempted to BrickLink those blue pieces but will I be disappointed? >.<

I had to paint a few elements in dark blue, most notably the large quarter-round elements at the front of the ship. The 4x4 roof corner is also not available in yellow.

I had to paint a few elements in dark blue, most notably the large quarter-round elements at the front of the ship. The 4x4 roof corner is also not available in yellow.

hi Hans, great photo and insight. Surely you would be able to get a special run of parts organised !?

most notably the large quarter-round elements at the front of the ship

Awww, these 6x6x2 round bricks right? I was already planning on using those. If only they come in dark blue any time soon :)

put together over 2 years ago

That's curious.

With the interview here on EB and in the manual, I thought the model was completed in July/August 2014.

hi Hans, great photo and insight. Surely you would be able to get a special run of parts organised !?

Haha, it doesn't work like that. Sure, we designers can have parts ordered in new colors, but they have to be for a new product, not just for fun.

As it happens, one of the painted element will come out in exactly this color in a new set of mine later next year! ;)

That's curious.

With the interview here on EB and in the manual, I thought the model was completed in July/August 2014.

The summer I was referring to was 2013, with the model being finished sometime in autumn. Then the launch got delayed until Jan 2015.

Ok, thanks for the clarification. You told me sometime ago that a regular product take about 1 year to develop, and it is often shorter when it comes to Direct/collector models. Indeed, things are more flexible with that kind of product as they do not come with a whole wave of new product.

Then this brings another question : why the release date was delayed so much ?

Haha, it doesn't work like that. Sure, we designers can have parts ordered in new colors, but they have to be for a new product, not just for fun.

As it happens, one of the painted element will come out in exactly this color in a new set of mine later next year! ;)

Hahahaha, what a pleasant coincidence!! Well done and thanks for contributing here.

Nice stuff. I should probably check on my Slave 1 to make sure this isn't happening...

Is there a database of some sort to find out what parts are available in what colours? When I'm trying to Bricklink something I'm never sure if a part isn't available because it's not in stock, or because it's not in existence.

^Each brick has an info about existing colors on BL, regardless current availability.

Edited by krisandkris12

^Each brick has an info about existing colors on BL, regardless current availability.

Ah, I see. I assumed that if a part didn't exist then Bricklink wouldn't allow me to put it on a wishlist- I didn't realize that I had to manually cross-check it. That explains some confusing availability issues I've been having.

Sorry for the sidetrack.

Side-sidetrack...

Let the speculations begin! :P

Side-sidetrack...

Let the speculations begin! :P

If it's the 1x2 45° Slope w/ Plate then I'll be a happy man. Unfortunately, I don't remember that part being in the USC Slave 1 build. Not in the areas that would end up in Earth Blue on a Jango Fett Slave 1, anyway.

If Lego were to release a "modification kit" for the 75060, that would be the greatest thing ever. It could include:

- Pieces to convert 75060 into Jango Fett's Slave 1 (I guess mainly the blue and yellow pieces)

- Regular Jango Fett minifigure (with printed arms and legs)

- Jango Fett clone minifigure

- Young Boba Fett

- 2 Kaminoans (Taun We + Lama Su)

- Obi Wan minifigure

If Lego were to produce something like this, it would be absolutely amazing. Currently there are no Kamino related sets at all (other than perhaps 7153), and that is my favorite scene from the prequel trilogies.

@BrickCommander: Any prospects from something Kamino related in the future?

Edited by randomwalk

@BrickCommander: Any prospects from something Kamino related in the future?

Can't tell, won't tell :p

But generally speaking, with all the new movies coming out, the Classic Trilogy still being strong and the Rebels tv-show going into its 3rd season, anything prequel-related will have to get in line behind them all. Not quite stellar odds, considering.

But as Han Solo himself said: "never tell me the odds!" ;)

Edited by BrickCommander

But generally speaking, with all the new movies coming out, the Classic Trilogy still being strong and the Rebels tv-show going into its 3rd season, anything prequel-related will have to get in line behind them all. Not quite stellar odds, considering.

Just wanted to say I enjoyed this model and this got me back into lego. I had the original star wars lego sets but that was it. I saw this set and bought it along with red 5 x wing ucs, obi wan's ucs fighter and the ucs tie that came out in may.

Makes perfect sense - I guess there are higher priorities at this point. Anyway, to reiterate - the 75060 was definitely one of the best UCS sets that I (and other fans I've talked to) have seen in a while. Amazing job @BrickCommander, and I'm looking forward to seeing what is in the future.