kelceycoe

75827 Ghostbusters Firehouse Headquarters Discussion

This is easily the BEST licensed set of all time by a long margin (with the Ecto itself comming a close second

The Ecto-1 can fit in the building. Hum hum...

Zzm6Pmj.jpg

You have to remove most of the furniture and you still cant open the doors. -_________-'

You have to remove most of the furniture and you still cant open the doors. -_________-'

Great! where did you get this picture? but...a bit disappointed as Janine's desk also has to be removed... not just tan coloured boxes... :sceptic:

Edited by jaesroe

what doors do you mean? I hope they don't open to the inside.

I am loving the assortment of bricks in very useful colors. even if I don't end up buying it for the set, I might just for the parts.

I know the sticker issue is going on repeat now, but I could live fine with stickers under one condition; that I get a spare sheet. how much would that cost in manufacturing? 10 cents? all forgiven for 10 cents. There's just a future suggestion.

Won't be able to afford this in January, but if it sticks around long enough, it's definitely on the list.

It looks like you'll have to remove everything, including Venkman's office. Well that was to be expected.

what doors do you mean? I hope they don't open to the inside.

They do, look at the pic on page 32.

Edited by Elrond

Doesn't look worth the price IMO; a case of milking it to get the most money out of all of us who enjoy the Ghostbusters films. £100 would be more like it for the set's overall look but not over £300.

The fact that you have to remove furniture to fit the Ecto-1 into the garage says it all.

Edited by LEGODalekbuster523

Doesn't look worth the price IMO; a case of milking it to get the most money out of all of us who enjoy the Ghostbusters films. £100 would be more like it for the set's overall look but not over £300.

The fact that you have to remove furniture to fit the Ecto-1 into the garage says it all.

£100 for over 4000 pieces will u talk sense!

£100 for over 4000 pieces will u talk sense!

While £100 is definitely too low (a modular of roughly 2,000 pieces costs at least £120) I do agree that £300+ is far too much for this set.

There's just no other way to do it without making the building even bigger or the car smaller.

Well... This looks really impressive

This has to be one of the best licensed sets so far

Wait a second, where'd you get it?

And yikes, that's calling it close. I knew the front desk would be taken out, but the doors not opening? Guess that's just the price one pays for this. And that price, ladies and gents, is $400.

This looks absolutely amazing! :wub: Warning: this post might get a little long. I'm going through everything I saw that interested me, good or bad. (But most of it is good.)

EDIT: somehow almost my whole post got deleted!

Edited by BlueberryWaffles

What a cool set! This is the third largest LEGO set released, yes? Most impressive.

My only concern is that there is no door separating the bathroom from the bedroom. Ick.

Haha, glad I wasn't the only person to notice that!

@blueberrywaffles

I loved the pixelated Stay Puft man too! I believe the pole is a new piece, I could be mistaken. And as for Janine's hair, I think it's pretty accurate. At one point in the movies she does have Nya from Ninjago's hair though.

I'll pass on this set. I can't justify spending EUR 350 on a set that 1. doesn't really fit Ecto 1 inside, 2. doesn't use tiles for the floors and 3. uses stickers! Also I'm not a fan of these opening mechanisms Marcos loves to do, for me it destroyed the Simpsons House, the Kwik-E-Mart and now the Ghostbusters HQ. Sorry I have to say that but I don't like Marcos style.

I personally like buildings, but for some reason those 3 all look and feel slightly inferior to the modular buildings. I'm not entirely sure why. Could be the stickers, or the design, or the colour scheme. It's not the opening mechanism though, because I love the Haunted House. Perhaps there is a building style present in modulars that is just lacking when it came to the Simpsons and Ghostbusters. This used to be a definite buy for me, but after seeing the interior I am rethinking my decision.

20. I like Janine's other face, but the hair still bugs me. :sceptic: I'll need to find a replacement. Any suggestions?

It's not that bad, it's probably the best option there is. Janine did have a short boyish haircut in the 1st movie

Janine_GB1.jpg

But if you want other ideas, the only pieces I can think of are Anakin's hair from Ep. III or this:

http://brickset.com/sets/containing-part-6065515

It's not that bad, it's probably the best option there is. Janine did have a short boyish haircut in the 1st movie

But if you want other ideas, the only pieces I can think of are Anakin's hair from Ep. III or this:

http://brickset.com/...ng-part-6065515

Willie Scott's hair in dark brown

EDIT: I can not do what deskp can do, darn... :tongue:

JHUG8kp.png

Edited by CM4Sci

Speaking of hair, did anyone notice that the Library ghost on the box has 2 different types of hair? She has banshee's new hairpiece in white and they also have her wearing the grey bun hairpiece. Will the 2 be included or is it a mistake?

Speaking of hair, did anyone notice that the Library ghost on the box has 2 different types of hair? She has banshee's new hairpiece in white and they also have her wearing the grey bun hairpiece. Will the 2 be included or is it a mistake?

Both included, one side is the normal version and the other is the ghost/monster version.