___

[software] SunFlow for BR - bublible's builds + TIPS & TRICKS

Okay, how do you edit the .sc files and then rerender the scenes with the updated settings?

What exactly do you want to achieve, what do you want to be there - can you be more specific?

At least I downloaded last version and tried to use it. It's 6 times slower than standart Bluerender. Is it ok?

Also noted in the log: error api: cannot create vector parameter normals -- invalid data lengh.

At least I downloaded last version and tried to use it. It's 6 times slower than standart Bluerender. Is it ok?

Strange, cos from v20150918 it has the same rendering speed as original SF from inside BlueRender, but it is true tgat I actually did not tested the latest one that introduced ImageFX andnthere is probably something wrong with it so I have to check it out later today...till than you can download some of the previous versions (I will just add links to them right now updating my initial message at the top...wait a sec :sweet: )

Also noted in the log: error api: cannot create vector parameter normals -- invalid data lengh.

Although it is error in itself but in fact (in reality with my MOD) it is not a problem: there is definition of object inside src without normals vectors (as I did not use them with it), so you can ignore that one. :wink:

TESTED:

v20150922 (latest one)

1st run: 22.7 seconds

2nd run (= already cached): 15 seconds

ORIGINAL BR SF

1st run: 20 seconds

2nd run (= already cached): 14 seconds

So I did not noticed any significant slow down, so I do not know wherefrom it occurres in your case (for sure not 6x longer, and to my knowledge it never was like that: with versions prior to v20150918 it was like 2x or 3x longer, like project that took about 25 minutes in original BR took cca. 45-50 minutes with my MOD) - could you send me your testing files, please (*.lxf + *.sc)?.

Yet that small amount of time as difference is normal as the rays need to go more times as there are seams which further break those rays.

On the other hand there is another known problem I need to solve and that is combining my materials with my latest MOD, will check it later today so stay tuned...

Edited by bublible

What exactly do you want to achieve, what do you want to be there - can you be more specific?

I want to manually configure the camera and light settings, and maybe other stuff if possible. But the program keeps overwriting the .sc file every time I try to render the scene.

I want to manually configure the camera and light settings, and maybe other stuff if possible. But the program keeps overwriting the .sc file every time I try to render the scene.

You have to create separate .sc file, put it beside your .lxf file and name it accordingly to it, so if you have model.lxf then you should have model.sc placed right beside your .lxf that is in the same folder hierarchy under the same folder - this way your model will always be rendered using info from this .sc and not from the main default Scene.sc inside BR dir. :wink:

Edited by bublible

I tried different molels and versions, it's allways 4-6 times slower. I use default scene.sc for tests. I think problem is in my 32-bit system.

But the program keeps overwriting the .sc file every time I try to render the scene.

I just checked it and indeed BR rewrites values in its own Scene.sc everytime it starts and load some .lxf.

Reason is that msx80 choose wrong principle: he replaced literal number values by variables that are set according to "Resolution" fields under "Parameters" tab everytime BR starts which is wrong, of course - I will refer that to him later (there should be still literal number values that needs to be first read and set to those input fields under BR GUI not vice versa as he has it right now).

Anyway this does not apply to workaround I described above so you can still use that solution without problem, just remember: DO NOT USE BR GUI FOR SETTING YOUR VALUES, you have to write them manualy ypurself replacing "resolution %WIDTH% %HEIGHT%" with literal vlaues, like "resolution 1920 1080". :wink:

I tried different molels and versions, it's allways 4-6 times slower. I use default scene.sc for tests. I think problem is in my 32-bit system.

Aha, that one...yes, I can confirm that: I have here still one really old OS (WinXP) I am using just for compatibility reasons for some stuff (of course my main OS is Win7 x64) and rendering under that one take sooo looong that I di not even try to count the time difference as it is huge...anyway if rendered under newer OS it is really basically the same speed as original SF from BR.

Bluerender renders LDD’s files (.lxf).

Bublible here provides an alternative for sunflow.jar that Bluerender and LDraw2Sunflow both use.

I don’t know if it would work but you can try to replace the sunflow.jar file that comes with LDraw2Sunflow with the one in the .rar file linked at the top of this thread.

I get a lot of

ERROR BCKT: NaN shading sample!

while trying to render a simple palette of plates 1x1.

Top is the result with mx80’s version, bottom is the (interrupted) one from Bublible:

Same results with the previous version, with or without brickseams. (The problem seems to occur at a different “block” each time.)

SOLVED! :wink: + thanx for reporting it

New fixed version later today (evening?)

Edited by bublible

You have to create separate .sc file, put it beside your .lxf file and name it accordingly to it, so if you have model.lxf then you should have model.sc placed right beside your .lxf that is in the same folder hierarchy under the same folder - this way your model will always be rendered using info from this .sc and not from the main default Scene.sc inside BR dir. :wink:

I'm talking about LDraw2Sunflow (Pedrollane told us to ask you). When I click 'Render', a 3D window pops up where you position the camera. The .sc file then gets overwritten. i can't figure out how to re-use the existing .sc file.

THERE IS NEW VERSION UPDATE (v20150923) at the top of this topic in my first initial message... :wink:

I'm talking about LDraw2Sunflow (Pedrollane told us to ask you). When I click 'Render', a 3D window pops up where you position the camera. The .sc file then gets overwritten. i can't figure out how to re-use the existing .sc file.

For that specific thing you have to ask Pedrollane cos that strange behavior is part of his Ldraw2Sunflow SW, nothing to do with SUnFlow or .sc whatsoever - he needs to change it.

I can't figure out how to enable the various imageFX's - I'm assuming I need to edit the sc file but what is the syntax? Thanks!

It is already written in my initial message...

THERE IS NEW VERSION UPDATE (v20151001) at the top of this topic in my first initial message... :wink:

THERE IS NEW VERSION UPDATE (v20151002) at the top of this topic in my first initial message... :wink:

Thanks bublible once again for your contribution! Rendering time was considerably slower for me (about 8x slower) with LEGO on studs enabled, but other than that it worked great! The one element I found does not show LEGO on studs is the 16x32 baseplate - I haven't tried other baseplates yet but that one for sure wasn't working for me.

Thanks bublible once again for your contribution! Rendering time was considerably slower for me (about 8x slower) with LEGO on studs enabled, but other than that it worked great! The one element I found does not show LEGO on studs is the 16x32 baseplate - I haven't tried other baseplates yet but that one for sure wasn't working for me.

That is strange cos my times on my Win7 64bit with or without LOS are basically the same - isn't your OS by any chance 32bit? If so it is known issue...if not: could you, please, send me your files for testing (*.lxf + *.sc)?

What is the exact number of the baseplate, please?

Please, can you provide JUST THE ACTUAL TWO FILES: .lxf and .sc? You can zip/rar those two...

+ also there is something wrong with your .lxf as it makes BlueRender giving me errors and no render (both official and my MOD versions)

@mrbradford

Please enclose the SC file code inside the code tags provided by this forum or directly share the file, as bublible suggests.

A post so long makes the page unreadable.

+ also there is something wrong with your .lxf as it makes BlueRender giving me errors and no render (both official and my MOD versions)

It seems it is my file, the yellow castle taken from the LDD Official Sets topic! :grin:

As the file is a bit old (LDD 4.2.5, brickset 604.1), try to simply open it in LDD and save it again.

Edited by Calabar

It seems it is my file, the yellow castle taken from the LDD Official Sets topic! :grin:

As the file is a bit old (LDD 4.2.5, brickset 604.1), try to simply open it in LDD and save it again.

Aha! :laugh:

Most probably there is some old brick that is no longer in the newest LDD therefore BR got mad about it and stops with erors - in fact I intuitively did exactly that as a first solution but did not re-saved it hoping LDD would somehow tell me somethings wrong and as nothing of that ever happened in LDD I thought the problem is elsewhere... :sweet:

TESTED

ORIGINAL BR ...................................................................................... 01m 40s

bublible MOD (both SimpleBrickSeams & LogoOnStuds enabled) ...... 01m39s :sweet:

So as you can see quite surprisingly it was even 1 second faster than original BR :laugh::grin: (but of course take it just as pure approximation as times can vary slightly easily: on second or third ran it could be vice-versa, it is normal).

That being said: there is no problem, MOD behaves as it should (that is exactly as original BR version), well at least on Win7 Ultimate 64bit. :wink:

Edited by bublible

Wow that is quick! It took my system over 8 hours to render it in 1980x1024 resolution with studs on and just over 1 hour without studs. Very strange, but thanks for checking it - did you find the baseplate with the no studs issue?

Wow that is quick! It took my system over 8 hours to render it in 1980x1024 resolution with studs on and just over 1 hour without studs. Very strange, but thanks for checking it - did you find the baseplate with the no studs issue?

Well, as you did not provide .sc file for testing (sorry but pasting its whole content here as a message is - as @Calabar said - unusable and makes post hard to read) I tested with default BR Scene.sc file, that is "1024x768" + "aa 0 1", so maybe you have something wrong in your .sc file? Can you zip/rar both your files (*.lxf / *.sc) and provide it for testing, please?

As for the baseplate: first when I saw your post I wrongly interpreted it as pure plate, not baseplate, realising that I have completely forgot about them therefor none of them has LogoOnStuds for now. :grin:

Next version will include LOS for baseplates too. :wink:

Edited by bublible

Was playing around with the decor anything trick, but I´m not able to create short sleeve arms with it (I used the brick code for the tail).

Was playing around with the decor anything trick, but I´m not able to create short sleeve arms with it (I used the brick code for the tail).

Can you provide all your testing files (*.lxf + *.sc + yourDecorationImage)?