Sign in to follow this  
David FNJ

[M - A08] The Chase Continues

Tags: MANTIS, land vehicle

20418355618_17028f12fe_c.jpg

AG: The Chase Continues by David FNJ, on Flickr

Double D's log 15:

My plan to chase the Kawashitan commander off the ship worked! I managed to follow him through another gate, and eventually we crash landed in a remote place of startling colors. Each ship had its own X1-P1 Land Speeder, so the chase continued. A few moments ago I shot down the commander's speeder, and now he (hopefully) won't escape again...

21203390325_d9469aca5f_c.jpg

20418357988_d44c043358_c.jpg

These X1-P1 Land Speeders are pretty nifty! I think I'll keep it if I can find a MANTIS base on this planet.

21016571569_386680801f.jpg21193051432_f3c1224e3b.jpg

21211304731_7c24318fe7_z.jpg

20419664599_3e5f785e7d_c.jpg

~ DD out

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Some of you might remember seeing this a few weeks ago on Flickr. When I built this I knew I wouldn't have much time to build for AG week August 30th - September 6th, so I did a bit of building ahead. It was either this weekly build or a Category B entry. I opted to make a weekly build (because domination :grin:).

Fantastic build, really nice work on the plants! The use of transparent pieces is great and the lavender/pink/light blue colors work very well! :thumbup:

I think the "flowers" need to look a bit more organic. The circular design is really cool, but it looks too structured to be plant-life. Great job on the rocks, pools, color scheme, and speeder bike (especially the scale of the speeder).

Simply gorgeous. The plants are great and you nailed the multi-colored slime pools. :thumbup:

The pink on the speeder doesn't seem very M.A.N.T.I.S.-like though. :wink:

The colorful landscape mixed with the gray rock work is just fantastic. I do agree on the color choice on the speeder as it blends a bit too much and many of the colorful speeder parts are used in the scene. The speeder design itself is great, just the colors seem off.