Sign in to follow this  
Murdoch17

Old-fashioned Adventurers / Town vehicles of the 1920's

(This may apply to the Action & Adventure theme forum, but since it's just a bunch of vehicles I put it here. Sorry if this topic needs to be moved!)

Tramp Steamer

19362913681_82b671d925_z.jpg

I built this ship from two Adventurers sets: I used the boat from set 5975 (T-Rex Transport) and modified slightly to resemble set 5976 (River Expedition). The ship features a boiler, steering wheel and a bigger smoke-stack. I have also added a complete bridge with removable roof instead of the open topped one on my previous version of the ship.

18736347464_6524417497_z.jpg

The top floor of the ship is the bridge - this area contains a nautical telegraph (to control speed) and the wheel (to control direction)... and yes, there is a piece out of place. I fixed it after taking this photo.

18738256123_2113861010_z.jpg

The lower floor features the boiler room. It is empty right now, but could be re-purposed into a captain's cabin.

Island Hopper seaplane

20854812688_a3bb88e52b_z.jpg

This is a seaplane based off 2008 Indiana Jones set 7628 (Peril In Peru), along with inspiration from 2000 Adventurers set 5935 (Island Hopper) thrown in for good measure. This part goes on both sides of the tail: http://alpha.brickli...=87079pb006#T=C

21016485096_61aaa8b753_z.jpg

The plane now has a interior that seats five people: 1 pilot and four passengers.

Treasure Chaser - Johnny Thunder's ride

16466916688_c2e54ae526_z.jpg

This model was inspired by sets 7622, Race for the Stolen Treasure, and 5918, Scorpion Tracker.

Ford Model AA truck

16032180504_652f619605_z.jpg

This one was heavily inspired by set 10222, Winter Village Post Office. I originally built it from the pictures before instructions came out.

1922 MOON Automobile

16034599073_3b63a557f6_z.jpg

This car was originally a Rolls Royce Phantom MKII first designed by Carl Greatrix that got transformed into a MOON Touring car. (no, the the jalopy from the Apollo Moon missions, but the car company from St. Louis MO!) once I realized how close they were to each other in style cues. I guess I did the usual car building process backwards: build the car, then find a real life counterpart, instead of building the car off a specific type.

Roaring 20's Gangster Sedan

16034599093_6f6b7a41cf_z.jpg

This model was modified from set 7682, Shanghai Chase. Perfect for smuggling illegal alcohol or setting up a drive by for friendly meeting with the rival gangs.

Gasoline tanker truck

16654485175_d535c0ee92_z.jpg

Built from set 7683, Fight on the Flying Wing and modified to have a radiator grille and a better fuel tank.

Island Racer mark II

21157740571_bacf89bd73_z.jpg

I modified my copy of set 5920 to have a longer wheelbase and a spare wheel. I also modernized the engine area with special attention paid to the grille.

Lord Sam Sinister's personal vehicle

18909407984_204027b224_z.jpg

This model was inspired by the recent announcement of the Super Man "Action Comics Number 1" exclusive San Diego Comic Con 2015 LEGO set, which I then extended and improved into the model seen here. This part goes on the rear license plate spot: http://www.bricklink....asp?P=3069bpa1

and as a bonus here is my favorite picture:

A Sinister Encounter

20855905499_5355f8073c_z.jpg

In case you wonder what is so sinister about the picture, the name of the person who owns the house is Lord Sam Sinister, an evil man who hates the owner of the plane: Johnny Thunder and his friend and aviatrix of the seaplane, Pippin Reed.

Love Sam Sinister's car and Treasure Chaser!

Roaring 20's Gangster Sedan totally reminds me of this one: :laugh:

The_Ant_Hill_Mob_a5396_450x450.png

Those are all really nice vehicles - I like the Tramp Steamer and the vintage cars.

My only thing is the airplane fuselage looks a bit short given the wingspan. Looking at pictures of some seaplanes, it's definitely plausible, though.

Love Sam Sinister's car and Treasure Chaser!

Roaring 20's Gangster Sedan totally reminds me of this one: :laugh:

==SNIP==

Thanks!

I remember watching Wacky Racers and the Perils of Penelope Pitstop (where that picture is from) on the old cartoons-only TV channel "Boomerang" back in the early 2000's. Those older cartoons are the best! (I also think the car's name was Chuggaboom and the owner was the Anthill Mob... man, they were awesome!)

Those are all really nice vehicles - I like the Tramp Steamer and the vintage cars.

My only thing is the airplane fuselage looks a bit short given the wingspan. Looking at pictures of some seaplanes, it's definitely plausible, though.

Thank you! The tramp steamer is also my favorite, with a close second run by the seaplane.

Johnny Thunder's car is probably my favorite. The trapezoidal flags are great for these cars, are they not?

Johnny Thunder's car is probably my favorite. The trapezoidal flags are great for these cars, are they not?

sorry for the late reply. Johhny's car is pretty cool, especially when paired with his office. I just need to work on the seaplane / tramp steamer resupply port next...