Sign in to follow this  
Dannylonglegs

Blacktron Mafia: Day 1, Stellar Conflicts

To be 100% clear that I was joking about claiming, please reference post 2309036, timestamp 1440363271, from topic 113773. Oh wait, you humans don't know everything off the top of your heads. Let me quote it for you from the tale of Ragnarok Now 3:

Wow, what a game! Just ask my wife, even though I've been dead for like a month, it's still consumed many many hours keeping up with all the crazy.

And for those too lazy to read the massive deadboard, here's Mostly's rules of EB mafia:

1. Don't claim to Hinck (or def) - sure, it'll probably turn out ok since the odds are they're town, but if they're not, you're totally screwed.

2. If two people are viciously fighting in thread (see day 8 for a perfect example), they're BOTH TOWN.

3. EB mafia players should all toss a few bucks in a pot and buy hinck (and def) some valium when they play :)

But seriously, how does the vig get lynched day 1 and not claim?

And we were all cheering when solid logic posts got put up. I know ChromeKnight and adam got big kudos on the dead board for sure. Others as well, but they're the two that I remember the most.

Here, in my previous life, I very clearly stated that claiming to Hinck [especially on day 1!!!] is a mistake. Now, I was tempted my the remaining shreds of my humanness to use rule 2 to promote you and I both being Federation. However, this dispute has not risen to the required level of viciousness for rule 2 to apply.

To be 100% clear that I was joking about claiming, please reference post 2309036, timestamp 1440363271, from topic 113773. Oh wait, you humans don't know everything off the top of your heads. Let me quote it for you from the tale of Ragnarok Now 3:

Here, in my previous life, I very clearly stated that claiming to Hinck [especially on day 1!!!] is a mistake. Now, I was tempted my the remaining shreds of my humanness to use rule 2 to promote you and I both being Federation.

*squints, reads, re-reads the thread, and grunts, mollified by the response to moderately suspicious ambivalence*
However, this dispute has not risen to the required level of viciousness for rule 2 to apply.

Anyone for a round of Claw-Plach?

*mollified to a state of moderately etc.,etc.

Dude, were standing right behind me during the meeting, wearing your helmet no less... :hmpf: Maybe if you had taken it off and payed attention we could be blasting those Blacktron right now!

Usually, nothing important is even being said, man. Like, my helmet blocks out all noise and all of your ugly faces. And I just blast Sibelius in my ears and enjoy life, you know?

feed them to the rancor!

Feed them to rancor? :look:

No, this is day one, you don't claim anything unless you're being lynched. No one knows anyone's alignment at this point, except scum. And you've played many, many more games than I have, so you should already know this... :hmpf_bad:

You wouldn't be trying to take advantage of the fact that several of our players are new, and be hoping that you could trick them into PMing your team important information...would you? :look::hmpf_bad:

I didn't notice this post this morning but man, you're harshing my buzz. Is it time to stop joking and start accusing already?

Minga is quite surprised at Clementine's apparent lack of humour and ability to recognise a joke. Minga would hope that what Clementine stated is already glaringly obvious, and therefore Minga concludes that Clementine's post is unnecessary. Minga is beginning to wonder if Clementine is deliberately accusing a townie to appear "pro-town", whatever that is :look:

Minga has noticed that Clementine has never played a game with Seamus before, maybe Clementine should read any game that Seamus has played in and get some context :thumbup: Then Clementine would understand why 4-of-2 made that comment.

Possibly, save for this:

No, Clementine is moderately worried at the possibility of Hinckley Seamus being a Godfather. 4 of 2 had phrased it so that any "joke-ness" was rather vague. :hmpf_bad:

*huh* Whaaaaa? Why are you specifically worried about me being the Godfather? This is a ping and a half for some reason I can't quite put my finger on. Why Godfather? Why not Scum with a framer? Or Serial Killer? Everyone claimed to me when I was the Serial Killer and that didn't work out well for anyone. The game before that, everyone claimed to me as Scum, that went bad for the Town. In the last game, though, everyone claimed to me and I got them all killed but the Town won eventually. :look: Wait, what was my point?

Oh right, man, for someone who has never "played with me" :look: before, this is a strangely specific concern to have.

We know that we have newbies in this game, that might not be fully used to Mafia, and it seems logical that the scum might try and take advantage of that fact. If Seamus were to be a Godfather, than the scum could take the chance of having 4 of 2 called out for being scum, since since there's no way to find a Godfather except lynching. Run the risk of loosing a goon, possibly get PRs.

4–of–2 asked me a question, he didn't direct anybody to claim to me. And, this fear of yours that 4–of–2 is Scum directing everyone to claim to Godfather me is a bit insulting. If 4–of–2 and I were Scum, we wouldn't put all of our Scum in one basket like that. We'd play it chill, brother.

(Explanation of Logic:

Hinckley always gets investigated first. Tradition of the game. Scum need to know town PRs. Godfathers don't turn up as scum. So, if Technic(as a goon) tricks newbies and directs traffic towards him(Hinckley as Godfather), even at the cost of getting killed, the scum team gets /invaluable/ information - while Hinckley won't ever come up as scum /because he's a Godfather/ - meaning he can sit and run the game.)

This is like chaos theory, man. Like, 4–of–2 made a joke that was like a butterfly flapping its wings and Clementine has rain instead of sunshine, dude. Wow, that's deep. Do I get investigated first every game, man? Whoa, like I thought the tradition had shifted to Night Two. Or like I kill the investigator on Night One and then pretend to be the investigator for the rest of the game like I did in Ragnarok 2. Wait, what was my point again, man? Do we have any snacks?

Express away.

This sounds as if Clementine is making fun of the way Minga speaks. All of the noble Fa'Anta Cera race speak as Minga does. It's actually quite racist :angry:

No, Clementine considers it a possibility.You could very well be right on that. Or you could be trying to clean up 4 of 2's mess. Or we could both be town, while the scum are only making fluff posts.

And now Clementine is considering that Minga, 4-of-2 and Seamus are all scum buddies trying to make the town claim to Seamus :laugh:

And now Clementine is considering that Minga, 4-of-2 and Seamus are all scum buddies trying to make the town claim to Seamus :laugh:

Man, which one of us is Minga? Is it me?

*huh* Whaaaaa? Why are you specifically worried about me being the Godfather? This is a ping and a half for some reason I can't quite put my finger on. Why Godfather?

Yeah, that smelled funny to Minga too. Almost as if Clementine is trying to pin the role of Godfather to someone else to deflect suspicion from... someone :wacko: :wacko: Now it's me reading too much into Clementine's random comments. But it still pings me.

Man, which one of us is Minga? Is it me?

Racist :angry:

You're not a race man, you're like a totally different species, you know?

*huh* Whaaaaa? Why are you specifically worried about me being the Godfather? This is a ping and a half for some reason I can't quite put my finger on. Why Godfather? Why not Scum with a framer? Or Serial Killer? Everyone claimed to me when I was the Serial Killer and that didn't work out well for anyone. The game before that, everyone claimed to me as Scum, that went bad for the Town. In the last game, though, everyone claimed to me and I got them all killed but the Town won eventually. :look: Wait, what was my point?

Because you are objectively the best player here. If you were to pull Godfather, and get in the town block, there'd be next to no chance of stopping you.
Oh right, man, for someone who has never "played with me" :look: before, this is a strangely specific concern to have.
I followed Ragnorok very closely, and read most of Town...Mafia whose name I forget. And I spent a large portion of that time leading up to this worrying what it'd be if you were a Godfather. So when 4 to 2 posted what she/he/whatever the kids are calling it these days did...I may have taken it as a bit too confirming of my pet fears than it really was.

May have.

4–of–2 asked me a question, he didn't direct anybody to claim to me. And, this fear of yours that 4–of–2 is Scum directing everyone to claim to Godfather me is a bit insulting. If 4–of–2 and I were Scum, we wouldn't put all of our Scum in one basket like that. We'd play it chill, brother.
Fair-ish.

This is like chaos theory, man. Like, 4–of–2 made a joke that was like a butterfly flapping its wings and Clementine has rain instead of sunshine, dude. Wow, that's deep.

To be fair, it is Day One...

Only 33 posts, and I'm already pinging. I'm getting better at this. No, wait, I'm getting worse. :hmpf_bad:

Because you are objectively the best player here. If you were to pull Godfather, and get in the town block, there'd be next to no chance of stopping you.

I followed Ragnorok very closely, and read most of Town...Mafia whose name I forget. And I spent a large portion of that time leading up to this worrying what it'd be if you were a Godfather. So when 4 to 2 posted what she/he/whatever the kids are calling it these days did...I may have taken it as a bit too confirming of my pet fears than it really was.

Thanks for the compliment, man. But my favorite part is that it insults everyone else. Cool and awkward, dude. Sorry that when you read games I play (and one that I didn't) I haunt your nightmares. :look:

May have.

Fair-ish.

To be fair, it is Day One...

It's, at the very least, strange that this fear grew so much that it has a hair trigger.

Only 33 posts, and I'm already pinging. I'm getting better at this. No, wait, I'm getting worse. :hmpf_bad:

Dude, it's totally ironic that this pings me more! Whoa... does anybody have any Cheetos?

Holy megablocks, there's scum everywhere. And they're dancing! I loooooove dancing scum. Why are they wearing polka dotted tutu's and riding space dragons? I totally want one, too!

Hey... there's no rush. Let's all slow down a bit. I gotta believe the scum are just laughing at us right now. I'm thinking Clementine's paranoid, but that don't mean they ain't out to get her. Him? It? Isn't Clementine a tiny little citrus fruit? Oooh... can I call you tangerine instead?

It's also interesting how Minga's responded in all of this. She (he? ... it?) concluded that Tangerine is either scum or town reading too much into a comment. Oh, but she wanted to edit the scum part out and conclude that Tangerine is just town. Am I reading that right? Why would she want to remove the scum possibility?

In case it wasn't clear about the edit comment, here's the relevant quotes:

Minga concludes that Clementine is either Scum (trying to confuse the town) or a townie reading too much into 4-of-2 's comment.
Minga would like to edit her first sentence, addendum: "Minga concludes that, if Clementine is town, she is reading way too much into 4-of-2's comment."

Yeah, that smelled funny to Minga too. Almost as if Clementine is trying to pin the role of Godfather to someone else to deflect suspicion from... someone :wacko: :wacko: Now it's me reading too much into Clementine's random comments. But it still pings me.

Quick to agree with the strong.

*ping*

Just so you all know, my name is pronounced "guy-man" not "gay-man".

I'm not gay.

Holy megablocks, there's scum everywhere. And they're dancing! I loooooove dancing scum. Why are they wearing polka dotted tutu's and riding space dragons? I totally want one, too!

I love LI–420 for all the fun everyone has.

Hey... there's no rush. Let's all slow down a bit. I gotta believe the scum are just laughing at us right now. I'm thinking Clementine's paranoid, but that don't mean they ain't out to get her. Him? It? Isn't Clementine a tiny little citrus fruit? Oooh... can I call you tangerine instead?

Wow, this space spice is making it look like you're defending Clementine. Maybe it's just the drugs, man. Maybe.

It's also interesting how Minga's responded in all of this. She (he? ... it?) concluded that Tangerine is either scum or town reading too much into a comment. Oh, but she wanted to edit the scum part out and conclude that Tangerine is just town. Am I reading that right? Why would she want to remove the scum possibility?

In case it wasn't clear about the edit comment, here's the relevant quotes:

But whoa, like there's a deflection onto another space cadet too. Wow, looks like a defense and a deflection? Maybe I'm just imagining things because I also see monkeys. Does anybody else see monkeys? But wow, I'm so blasted I think you could be defending Clementine and deflecting onto Minga. Minga Mericless? Now I get why that one guy said that. Flash Gorgon :laugh: But, Minga did make a weird edit comment thing. Crazy, it's like there's weird shit everywhere, man. Like I want some chocolate cake. Minga, what the hell were you talking about with your weird edit or whatever, dude?

I'm not gay.

I am, man. Why do you act like it's some horrible thing or something, whoa... Dude.

Ah gollywoggles, my post got deleted somehow! :ugh: While in all honestly it's probably my own fault, I'm just going to blame EB formatting.

In all honesty, I seriously doubt we're even remotely close to pinning down anyone as scum. All of this seems like some kind of weird finger-pointing thingy, that I seriously doubt will get any of us anywhere.

Ah gollywoggles, my post got deleted somehow! :ugh: While in all honestly it's probably my own fault, I'm just going to blame EB formatting.

In all honesty, I seriously doubt we're even remotely close to pinning down anyone as scum. All of this seems like some kind of weird finger-pointing thingy, that I seriously doubt will get any of us anywhere.

Whoa, maybe it's the space spice but your comment seems to be saying "Everyone is innocent. Carry on." Weird, I should lay off the opiates.

Wrong type of rancor, friend.

Well, it can be lethal.

Xenophobic Monoxide: Well, to be fair this is Day One, we have no night actions, no nothing only posts to on. Its very hard to catch scum the first day.

Minga decides to ignore the gender mix-up.

:laugh: Oh no, it's not like that. Minga had just pressed post when Minga realised that Minga had basically said "She's either scum or town" which is kinda stupid and not what Minga meant to say. So Minga edited it.

Quick to agree with the strong.

*ping*

Minga is unsure what Ender means by this. Could Ender please clarify?

Xenophobic Monoxide: Well, to be fair this is Day One, we have no night actions, no nothing only posts to on. Its very hard to catch scum the first day.

Whoa, is your punctuometer malfunctioning, dafty?

Exactly what I'm saying here. That's why I think we shouldn't do anything with absolute certainty.

Exactly what I'm saying here. That's why I think we shouldn't do anything with absolute certainty.

So we should do nothing? :wacko: Nothing will be certain on day one; that doesn't mean we should be sitting around on our butts waiting to get space zapped by the Blacktrons. :hmpf_bad:

I'm so glad you understood the sentence, because I was scared to read the punctuation void. So, like, are you suggesting anyone was planning on doing anything? Are you suggesting we'd get some scooby to be certain on Day One, eh? Absolute certainty, you say. Or maybe the drugs said it. Nah, you said it. So, where does one get absolute certainty on Day One, brother?

Wait, what was my point again, man? Do we have any snacks?

No sir, we do not have snacks at this time. Please address the Colonel and Danny with this issue, as they are the ones promising cookies.

And you sir, need to cease with the hallucinogenics. We have a dire situation that requires your clear-headed attention.

Finally, congratulations to Seamus who, in the recent discussion, re-achieved his usual status of most-frequent poster in these games.

We also probably aren't likely to slightly be existent in this hypothetical mortal realm. :wacko::hmpf_bad:

...At least try and post something besides "This is a fluff post, in which I'll state the blatantly obvious." Even if it's just a joke about how there's very little to post besides fluff...

No sir, we do not have snacks at this time. Please address the Colonel and Danny with this issue, as they are the ones promising cookies.

And you sir, need to cease with the hallucinogenics. We have a dire situation that requires your clear-headed attention.

Finally, congratulations to Seamus who, in the recent discussion, re-achieved his usual status of most-frequent poster in these games.

AH, shite! I try to fight my nature but I just can't. I thought I'd turn over a new leaf, by I can't fight my nature. Is there an echo in here, man?

We also probably aren't likely to slightly be existent in this hypothetical mortal realm. :wacko::hmpf_bad:

...At least try and post something besides "This is a fluff post, in which I'll state the blatantly obvious." Even if it's just a joke about how there's very little to post besides fluff...

Whoa man, you mean a jobby like, dudes, whoever gets a majority of votes get lynched so let's think about our vote so we're not killing the wrong person. Aye? Is that a good one, man?