legomilk

Castle sets 2008/2009

This looks AWESOME! I must say that I am going to get that drawbridge set when I can find it (maybe when the LEGO store opens in Oklahoma City this summer). I am also hoping to get my hands on one of those copper colored crowns when people start to get them, I am not big on the trolls and dwarves but I really like that crown!

Wow, I'm surprised to see these sets out already! I thought these were part of the Summer July/August wave? Does this mean we will start to see other July/August releases soon, I hope?

Since I got those from Wal-Mart for $25 each...

You got 'em for $25 each!?! And they're brand new sets! You must know someone inside.

You got 'em for $25 each!?! And they're brand new sets! You must know someone inside.

2008 Wal-Mart Christmas sales.

2008 Wal-Mart Christmas sales.

Yep, exactly. For $100, I thought it was hard to pass up the four of them. Almost 4,000 parts, 40 minifigures, 4 dragons... I couldn't resist. Plus, I'm getting 4x the LEGO for the regular price of one.

YES!!!

I've been waiting for these sets since I first saw pictures and heard mentions of them (November?). Luckily, I am going to Disneyland California in three days, so I should be able to pick up at least one of these at the LEGO store there. Then, I really think I should join the Reviewers' Academy so I can post some reviews of them, as I've been putting it off for far too long. If I can find a little extra money, I think that troll fortress would look great in my collection, and it will finally give me a decent "evil" castle to besiege.

Ouch, those prices seem a little inflated...$20 for 103 pieces?! I was going to consider getting the drawbridge if it was around $30, but I guess I'll wait for all these until there is some kind of sale (even a little sale will do :tongue: ).

Its the cheapest set to Include the octagonal shields; it comes with the king;

We're also seeing those big wagon wheels for the first time in brown[i think?]

Its not about making people happy anymore, its about what TLC can get away with....

Works on me though. :laugh:

Again, I don't think these are in LEGO Retail Stores yet. I found these at LEGOLAND, so everyone is clear on that. Going to post a review of the Drawbridge Defense set in about an hour or two.

To be really honest I'm not impressed by the sets and I think they are a bit too expensive. For example if I compare the MEdieval Market Village and the Troll Fortress and I think they cost the same...

Sometimes I wait for sales, coupons, etc before buying a set, but like the MM, I'm grabbing the Troll fortress ASAP!!

Sometimes I wait for sales, coupons, etc before buying a set, but like the MM, I'm grabbing the Troll fortress ASAP!!

I will try to wait for a sale because there are other high end sets coming out later this year that I would also like to get so getting them all at once (Temple of Doom and if the sale includes Star Wars again the Endor set) for a reduced price. However, if a favorable sale doesn't materialise I have no problem paying full price for this one. I'll probably get a few of the Drawbridge set. It looks like it has tons of slopes and arches which I can't get enough of. I am hopig to get them at a sale but again if I can't I will pay full price.

I will try to wait for a sale because there are other high end sets coming out later this year that I would also like to get so getting them all at once (Temple of Doom and if the sale includes Star Wars again the Endor set) for a reduced price. However, if a favorable sale doesn't materialise I have no problem paying full price for this one. I'll probably get a few of the Drawbridge set. It looks like it has tons of slopes and arches which I can't get enough of. I am hopig to get them at a sale but again if I can't I will pay full price.

Oh yeah - I forgot about the Indy mine car set...I was gonna try to snag 2 of them for all that awesome looking track!

I found the three new castle sets at a Toys R us in Michigan tonight.

Cool! I know Oky wan found some at his TRU so maybe they are being reasesed now. I hope.

Thanks for letting us know. :classic: I'm glad to see the sets' availability is spreading.

I haven't been to my local TRU in about a week (its a record... :laugh: ), but hopefully they'll have a few out and about.

Yup, along with some new Power Miners, Space Police and Agents 2.0.

I like the look of the Troll Fortress I might get it.....for pieces! :tongue:

Although it looks very cool I'd probable eventually break it for pieces. Theres alot of bley there! :cry_happy:

But since its $100 USD i dont want to know the AUD price. :sadnew:

I guess the only Castle I'll be getting this year is the Drawbridge defence and maybe afew more impulses..... :sceptic:

But since its $100 USD i dont want to know the AUD price. :sadnew:

I guess the only Castle I'll be getting this year is the Drawbridge defence and maybe afew more impulses..... :sceptic:

I would imagine it is $AUD150, like the King's Castle Siege. But you know it will be on sale at some point!

I would imagine it is $AUD150, like the King's Castle Siege. But you know it will be on sale at some point!

That's what I thought. But most of my $$ is going towards SW, City, Space & IJ. So the leftovers will go to castle. :tongue:

Also when its on sale i'd imagine the cheapest it'd be is around $100-120 :sceptic:

Went to my local Toys R Us store (Los Angeles, CA, USA) and found all 3 of the new castle sets. The only set I picked up was the Drawbridge set. The Kings Chariot wasn't that interesting, and the Troll Fortress was just a little too expensive for me right now (I also picked up the new Space Police sets, and one of the new Agents sets). So, it looks like the new August sets are starting to hit the store shelves.