legomilk

Castle sets 2008/2009

Opened the first door in my advent calendar.

..To find a generic knight. I get the feeling it'll get better over time. :classic:

Errhm?!

Wrong topic I think :sceptic:

Thank you very much for that news, Whitefang and ultraman_bc! :sweet:

To the golden knight:

I think he'll surely be very similar to the golden knight Playmobil released some years ago.

A gold knight sounds crappy IMHO, seeing as no proper knight would use gold as armour. :sick:

I totally agree with you, sir dano!

In principle it's already wrong to use that knight's armor TLG uses since at that time when there was heyday of the Middle Ages knights only wore mail shirts. But that's ok since it's a cliche that knights wore at that time full heavy knight's armors. But golden knight's armors is really too much! :thumbdown:

I do not doubt that this golden knight will look great. But you must simply :sick: when you want to include him in your castle layout since knights really did never wear golden armors - and if however in a fantasy world or some legends they surely would not have used them since all the gold would have been gone in battles. :hmpf:

To the many new minifigs:

I don't think that we can - apart from the golden knight - await even more new minifigs than we already know: queen, troll queen, black suited medieval woman, medieval citizen and blacksmith. These are already 5 new figs. And with the golden knight it would be 6. I think that there surely won't be more since already 6 are many. :sceptic:

To the jester and the queen in the King's Battle Chariot:

I highly doubt that the queen and the jester will appear in this set since it's called King's Battle Chariot. And I even think that they won't appear together in one set (unless it'll be a tournament set :wub: ). More realistic I think would be that the jester or the queen is a prisoner of the troll queen. :sceptic:

So let's hope for soon more information and/or pics!

Klaus-Dieter

I do think the Queen will appear in the chariot, her double-sided face had a normal side and an angry side, remember? I don't know about the Jester unless he is magic. A Golden Knight, while may not sound good to you, sounds great! This is fantasy remember, Knights weren't riding dragons, fighting trolls and rescuing dwarfs in the past!

Why would the Queen and Jester appear in "The King's Battle Chariot" I doubt either one would be sent into battle, unless its supposed to be an ambush...

Wow! So much news to digest :laugh::thumbup: THanks for the udates!

MY opinion ou ask? :tongue:

Well, I think that everything that WF said is true and believible. The Gold knight sounds...interesting :sceptic: I dont want multiples of him though, maybe one in a cheapish set. I think the chariot one will have the orcs ambushing the knights carrige (i think it will be a carrige more than a chariot) or maybe even both!!!

Anyway thanks for the news!

Thank you very much for that news, Whitefang and ultraman_bc! :sweet:

To the golden knight:

I think he'll surely be very similar to the golden knight Playmobil released some years ago.

I totally agree with you, sir dano!

In principle it's already wrong to use that knight's armor TLG uses since at that time when there was heyday of the Middle Ages knights only wore mail shirts. But that's ok since it's a cliche that knights wore at that time full heavy knight's armors. But golden knight's armors is really too much! :thumbdown:

I do not doubt that this golden knight will look great. But you must simply :sick: when you want to include him in your castle layout since knights really did never wear golden armors - and if however in a fantasy world or some legends they surely would not have used them since all the gold would have been gone in battles. :hmpf:

To the many new minifigs:

I don't think that we can - apart from the golden knight - await even more new minifigs than we already know: queen, troll queen, black suited medieval woman, medieval citizen and blacksmith. These are already 5 new figs. And with the golden knight it would be 6. I think that there surely won't be more since already 6 are many. :sceptic:

To the jester and the queen in the King's Battle Chariot:

I highly doubt that the queen and the jester will appear in this set since it's called King's Battle Chariot. And I even think that they won't appear together in one set (unless it'll be a tournament set :wub: ). More realistic I think would be that the jester or the queen is a prisoner of the troll queen. :sceptic:

So let's hope for soon more information and/or pics!

Klaus-Dieter

Who's the "black suited medieval woman, medieval citizen and blacksmith" you mentioned? Sorry, this is probably old news, but I looked back through three pages and couldn't find it! :blush:

I think the gold armor knight is :sick: if it's in unprinted (I can handle the King's armor)! I hope they don't mean ALL the soldiers, imagine having a couple dozen golden crownies inhabiting my castle! :cry_sad:

Historically, there have been a few people who had gold (plated) armour, but I'd highly doubt that they'd use it in battle!

Well then it's a good thing that the Castle theme indeed is historically correct.

C'mon people, it's a fantasy and having gold armor and dragons rock!

May I suggest that we lay off the "historically correct" attitude towards the theme.

It's not intended to be so and I guess it never will.

In my opinion history sucks and fantasy rocks.

Imagine how much mud and disease TLG would have to work into their sets if they were to be correct :tongue:

Imagine how much mud and disease TLG would have to work into their sets if they were to be correct :tongue:

Well Im not sure about that, but apparently there is some horse manure in 10193 stables (brown carrots if im not mistaken.) :grin:

2009, the year of dung!

Who's the "black suited medieval woman, medieval citizen and blacksmith" you mentioned? Sorry, this is probably old news, but I looked back through three pages and couldn't find it! :blush:

These are the minifigs which appear in the awesome 10193 Medieval Market Village set, Pickerel.

Well then it's a good thing that the Castle theme indeed is historically correct.

C'mon people, it's a fantasy and having gold armor and dragons rock!

May I suggest that we lay off the "historically correct" attitude towards the theme.

It's not intended to be so and I guess it never will.

In my opinion history sucks and fantasy rocks.

KimT, I didn't say that I really hate all elements which are fantasy based in the Castle theme - e. g. the knight's armor is really looking great even though it's not historically correct. Imo a mixture between real and correct history and fantasy (a mixture how TLG did with the Castle sets until 2000) is perfect. But of course I accept your opinion, too. :classic:

Btw: I know that brickipedia is not a 100 percent reliable source. But there I found the information that the trolls' caslte shall include 784 pieces and seven minifigs and shall cost 59,99 Dollars.

The number of minifigs sounds realistic, the price imo not since it surely will be about the same price as the king's castle I think.

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

*snip*

In my opinion history sucks and fantasy rocks. *snip*

Believe you me, I'm of the same opinion, but even in fantasy they don't use gold armour, the metal's too soft to make a viable armour.

Believe you me, I'm of the same opinion, but even in fantasy they don't use gold armour, the metal's too soft to make a viable armour.

Don't you tell me what they do in my fantasy. :tongue:

But it´s shiny! :tongue:

And preciousss

It could just be gold plating. I don't think metallurgy or physics ever bothered fantasy.

:laugh:

It could just be gold plating. I don't think metallurgy or physics ever bothered fantasy.

Touché.

And I suppose it's no more realistic than chainmail bikinis. :wub:

Chainmail Bikinis?

Ouch!

Ever wear anything chainmail? That hurts on bare skin!

Fine, plate metal bikinis. :tongue:

Ever wear anything chainmail? That hurts on bare skin!

You have? :oh:

I hope at least two of these three rumoured sets would be under $30, if they are true.

I hope at least two of these three rumoured sets would be under $30, if they are true.

Hopefully, hopefully (and I mean under$30 AUS :wink: )

I like the idea of a Golden Knight. He becomes the King's Champion I suppose.

As long as he is not purple, red, green, medium blue or any other similar colour we should count our blessings :tongue:

As long as he is not purple, red, green, medium blue or any other similar colour we should count our blessings :tongue:

A yes, that were terrible knights! Like superheroes in armour instead of panties and capes :tongue:

Well... Not on bare skin :tongue: At least not for long. But you can already tell from the weight that chainmail must hurt on bare skin, when rubbing on the shoulders while walking or running...

Edited by DJ Force

me thinks the troll witch is going to be in the mountain fortress and the drawbridge defense sounds awesome! :cry_happy:

I'm not very sure we should all be whinging about the apearance of a Golden Knight.

Remember that Lego is also aimed towards children, and to them, a Knight clad in golden armor is really cool, I think it's a good idea on TLC's part.

Also. Realistically, the castle is more of a fort, trolls don't exist and there's no such thing as magic.

So, a Golden Knight was only something that was waiting around the corner, I look forward to having an elite Knight to lead my Crownies :wub: it doesn't have to be a new figure either, as it'd only be a recolor of the Silver Knight, so I guess we might have a Troll King or another new figure instead. Also, have TLC said that the female troll is a queen? She looks more like a shaman or wizard. :look:

Also he'll make for some awesome Paladin Figures. :wub:

Edited by Inertia

I'm not very sure we should all be whinging about the apearance of a Golden Knight.

Remember that Lego is also aimed towards children, and to them, a Knight clad in golden armor is really cool, I think it's a good idea on TLC's part.

Also. Realistically, the castle is more of a fort, trolls don't exist and there's no such thing as magic.

So, a Golden Knight was only something that was waiting around the corner, I look forward to having an elite Knight to lead my Crownies :wub: it doesn't have to be a new figure either, as it'd only be a recolor of the Silver Knight, so I guess we might have a Troll King or another new figure instead. Also, have TLC said that the female troll is a queen? She looks more like a shaman or wizard. :look:

Also he'll make for some awesome Paladin Figures. :wub:

I agree with you. We haven't heard what the orc female is so this is just speculation. I think it sound great to have a diferent kind of armour, so I can have knights that can turn up to be heroes, YEAH!! :tongue: