Sir Gareth

DC Super Heroes Wishlists

What's everyone hoping for the Batman Lego movie sets? Any idea on when we will be seeing a trailer? Its close to a year now before it gets released, and still no images?

With the new sets coming this year, it seems that most people are not too impressed with the vehicles but the figures are all very well recieved – it also seems that Lego know that people crave new characters, so maybe it would be nice for them to go down a different route with the Super Heroes...

Firstly 2 or 3 Minifigure series would enable us to get pretty much all the figures we need.

Or, secondly, how about a few 'army-builder' type sets - the type made often for Star Wars, but instead of 4 Stormtroopers and a small build vehicle/accessory - maybe a Gotham set... Barbara Gordon (using the new wheelchair), Commissioner Gordon, Ragman perhaps... Azrael... Huntress? But basically 4 figure sets with a small build. There could be JLA or JSA sets, Legion of Doom sets etc. etc.

With the new sets coming this year, it seems that most people are not too impressed with the vehicles but the figures are all very well recieved – it also seems that Lego know that people crave new characters, so maybe it would be nice for them to go down a different route with the Super Heroes...

Firstly 2 or 3 Minifigure series would enable us to get pretty much all the figures we need.

Or, secondly, how about a few 'army-builder' type sets - the type made often for Star Wars, but instead of 4 Stormtroopers and a small build vehicle/accessory - maybe a Gotham set... Barbara Gordon (using the new wheelchair), Commissioner Gordon, Ragman perhaps... Azrael... Huntress? But basically 4 figure sets with a small build. There could be JLA or JSA sets, Legion of Doom sets etc. etc.

Army builder sets would only work for the Goons. Some Riddler goons, or Joker Goons in this fashion would work. Maybe some mercenaries for Bane, Atlantians for Aquaman or some deep sea creatures, a la the old Atlantis sets for Black Manta (i have done this they are awesome). League of Shadows ninjas for Ras Al Ghuul would also work. And the ninjas that Talon has, the Assasins pf something or another...

Joker goons could have a joker goon car (green white and red mini car) twoface guys gould have an orange and purple or black and white car. Banes guys could have a jungle jeep. Etc.

This would allow people to buy multiples of the sets, which is what the army builder sets are all about.

Army builder sets would only work for the Goons. Some Riddler goons, or Joker Goons in this fashion would work. Maybe some mercenaries for Bane, Atlantians for Aquaman or some deep sea creatures, a la the old Atlantis sets for Black Manta (i have done this they are awesome). League of Shadows ninjas for Ras Al Ghuul would also work. And the ninjas that Talon has, the Assasins pf something or another...

Joker goons could have a joker goon car (green white and red mini car) twoface guys gould have an orange and purple or black and white car. Banes guys could have a jungle jeep. Etc.

This would allow people to buy multiples of the sets, which is what the army builder sets are all about.

I don't agree – you take the 'army-builder' principle of 4 figures and a small build and apply it to super heroes – so a JSA set for example could have SA Flash, Green Lantern, Wildcat and Dr. Fate with meeting table perhaps.

Or a new kind of set 3 minifigures and a big fig. You could then have Solomon Grundy (hulk hair and figure would work), Atom Smasher, Swamp Thing etc, with 3 normal figures that relate to that character,

I don't agree – you take the 'army-builder' principle of 4 figures and a small build and apply it to super heroes – so a JSA set for example could have SA Flash, Green Lantern, Wildcat and Dr. Fate with meeting table perhaps.

Or a new kind of set 3 minifigures and a big fig. You could then have Solomon Grundy (hulk hair and figure would work), Atom Smasher, Swamp Thing etc, with 3 normal figures that relate to that character,

I can't image they'll ever give us 3/4 heroes / villains other than goons for £11.99! That wouldn't sell their bigger sets when you can pick up a cheap one with 4 names in when they are trying to sell one with say Flash, one with Green Lantern etc.

And what would be the incentive for buying multiple sets?

And what would be the incentive for buying multiple sets?

It's not about buying multiple sets - it's about finding a way to release more obscure heroes/villains. It's just taking the set-size and applying it differently, and i'd bet Lego would sell more of the smaller sets of DC and Marvel characters as they'd easily affordable to kids too... I mean, who would say no to a boxset of Lanterns, whether they be Green, Red, Yellow etc. etc.?

It's not about buying multiple sets - it's about finding a way to release more obscure heroes/villains. It's just taking the set-size and applying it differently, and i'd bet Lego would sell more of the smaller sets of DC and Marvel characters as they'd easily affordable to kids too... I mean, who would say no to a boxset of Lanterns, whether they be Green, Red, Yellow etc. etc.?

The whole point of the army builders is to buy multiples to build an army... The only way we are getting obscure characters is in bigger sets. There is no way lego would put 3/4 new characters in one small set. They aren't that kind :P. Obviously we would all love it to happen, but it's just a pipe dream.

Definitive Comic-based Versions of the Justice League:

Batman - Light-bluish grey and dark blue dual-molded legs; Underwear leg printing

Flash - Red and yellow dual-molded legs

Green Lantern - Black and white dual-molded arms; Black and green dual-molded legs; Translucent-green ring piece; New hand-held piece from the summer wave in trans-green

Martin Manhunter - Green and blue dual-molded legs; Underwear leg printing

Superman - Blue and red dual-molded legs; Underwear leg printing

Wonder Woman - Bracelet arm printing

Edited by Sir Gareth

A new 52 Catwoman like we saw in the Lego covers would be a superb figure... and definitely more part of the Bat family than a villain in my eyes... even as I'm reading Injustice Year 5 she's probably one of Bruce's closest allies.

Definitely needs a new mould with those goggles on the mask piece.

Well even though they still lump her with the villains and she has a friendship of sorts with Harley and Ivy, She's technically an Antiheroine.

I'd like seeing "Battle Damaged" variants of the characters' standard suits. Rips, tears, dirt, the like.

Edited by PepperoniBricks

What's everyone hoping for the Batman Lego movie sets? Any idea on when we will be seeing a trailer? Its close to a year now before it gets released, and still no images?

Hopefully Two-Face in a better coloured suit and a new Catwoman. Assuming we get a large number of sets like the Lego Movie I also hope we get a few civillian characters as well like Lucius Fox, Vicki Vale and comic-based versions of Gordan and Alfred.

Plus lots of outlandish Batman suits.

Future sets I'd like to see

(Comics) Superman vs Doomsday

Includes New 52 Superman, Superboy, Shazam and Doomsday.

(Comics) Wayne Manor Assault

Includes Batman, Alfred Pennyworth, Agent Grayson, big-fig Bane, Hush

(Comics) Reverse Flash Revenge

Includes The Flash, Killer Frost, Reverse Flash, Solomon Grundy

(DCEU) 'The Squad' polybags for Joker and Harley Quinn

(DCEU) Themyscira Attack

Includes Wonder Woman, Ares, Circe, and a buildable chimera form for Circe.

(DCEU) Atlantis Throne Room

Includes Aquaman, Mera, Ocean Master

I'd like to see a sidekicks set with Woozy Winks (Plastic Man's short, fat, bumbling sidekick who looks like Lou Costello) , Wonder girl, Aqualad (Garth) and Jimmy Olson.

Future sets I'd like to see

(Comics) Superman vs Doomsday

Includes New 52 Superman, Superboy, Shazam and Doomsday.

(Comics) Wayne Manor Assault

Includes Batman, Alfred Pennyworth, Agent Grayson, big-fig Bane, Hush

(Comics) Reverse Flash Revenge

Includes The Flash, Killer Frost, Reverse Flash, Solomon Grundy

(DCEU) 'The Squad' polybags for Joker and Harley Quinn

(DCEU) Themyscira Attack

Includes Wonder Woman, Ares, Circe, and a buildable chimera form for Circe.

(DCEU) Atlantis Throne Room

Includes Aquaman, Mera, Ocean Master

Which reverse flash? Eobard Thawne or Hunter Zolomon?

The new batsuit introduced in Batman #50 is one I would love to see LEGO eventually make.

I want a new 52 Professor Zoom, the one with the black lines tracing his body. I think that design is so cool and one of the best he has had.

Which reverse flash? Eobard Thawne or Hunter Zolomon?

While I can't (and won't) speak for Nitro, it is common to refer to Eobard Thawne as 'Reverse Flash' and/ or 'Professor Zoom' whereas Hunter Zolomon usually just goes by 'Zoom'.