Wedge09

[Challenge 2][Cat C] Akena's Officers Quarters

20609884081_8da3c867a4_c.jpg

A couple of days before, Alexander Vandangant had found a message, with the highest priority set, which flashed on the computer "At the attention of Engineer Alexander Vandangant." was the headline and the message recited

"13 Augustali 3815.

It's required his presence on the Akena on 15 Augustali 3815; a shuttle will be waiting at the spaceport on 14 Augustali 3815 for his transfer on board. This meeting has priority over any other commitment, they are all revoked until further notice.

Lieutenant Elmer

Admiral Grensen's staff"

Alexander was surprised by that message, he was only an engineer and, apart from the last raid on Mynderis, he had never participated in any other military actions. Yet the message came from the staff of Admiral Grensen, the Admiral at whose command had been placed the Akena, the flagship of the new series of Akena-class dreadnoughts.

For a moment he wondered if this could be a message specially created by a hacker, probably in the pay of their competitors, to bring him in an ambush. With a quick round of calls, however, he discovered that the rest of his team had received the same call to appear on board. If it was all an evil plan against them, it must have been really well thought out.

Despite his initial concern, the flight was uneventful and on the evening of 14 Augustali, his team came on board of the Akena. No explanation was given, they were simply housed and left waiting for orders.

The following morning, an ensign came to summon Alexander and led him up to Admiral Grensen's suite. The officer left him in front of the locked door that opened immediately "Come ahead, engineer." the voice invited him to come and Alexander walked in with a firm step.

20416341439_d5310b403a_c.jpg

His gaze went through the room and only then he saw Admiral Grensen watching the space out of a large portholes "Reach Lieutenant Rekla, engineer." the Admiral said without turning. The engineer and the officer looked at each other but neither spoke, merely waiting for the Admiral.

A few minutes passed slowly while the superior officer gazed at the stars out of the glass "I think we can begin." He said joining them in front of the hologram.

19980362464_b1ba34ddd7_o.jpg

"Welcome aboard, engineer. I hope it was all to his liking."

20414945278_d1515f8d1a_o.jpg

"Yes, sir."

"Great. So, I think we can get to the heart of the matter." he paused for a brief moment "Friction with our competitors has intensified in recent weeks, innovation is the key to keeping us one step ahead of the others in this space race. A new project is born to carry on the colonization of the galaxy. You, engineer Vandangant, was chosen to command this new project. "

20414945278_d1515f8d1a_o.jpg

"It is an honor for me, sir. But what will become of my team?"

"Oh, his team will follow you. But let me explain what this project is all about..."

20416258239_059de05a2d_c.jpg

19980384694_ef760b2a3e_c.jpg

19980424524_8d5a7bed9e_c.jpg

20602965195_848ea0203a_c.jpg

Here we are with my entry for Challenge 2 Category C! I really enjoyed building this Officer Quarters and they fit perfectly my sci-fi idea of quarters. I took the chance to start a bit of story for my character, this is the first installment and I hope to continue it with the next MOC.

Hope you Enjoy!!!

:sweet:

Great work. I love the spartan design philosophy with all that space.

Great job on this Wedge, lovely and clean interior, and the grays and trans-blue really look awesome together! As shmails mentioned, that planet is very nice as well!

great build and great scale, it actually looks like a number of minifigs can comfortably move around in here. the windows and furniture are especially cool