mccoyed

[K - D08] Formal Wear

20423746046_5946f0aa0e_b.jpg

Kawashita Embassy Manor

Angornal - 3185

Tags: Spying, Special Operation

Koro was definitely more at home running around some backwoods planet with sword in hand and head on fire, but every so often Narbilu-sama tricked assigned him a mission that looked safer but felt more dangerous than a thousand angry space worms. When he was asked to infiltrate a gala being held at the Kawashita Embassy on Angornal, he expected to be sneaking through air ducts with Beltar or strapping on a jetpack and bringing death from above with Raven. He did not expect to be wearing a suit and ceremonial sword. He didn't expect to need a date, and he certainly didn't expect that date to be the Mechanic.

20449973595_b3f138d8da_t.jpg "By the way, you're going to have to tell me your name."

20423743526_9decb57028_t.jpg "Why? Isn't this supposed to be undercover?"

20449973595_b3f138d8da_t.jpg "Well, sort of. But I'm not exactly inconspicuous. Look at me. People who know people are gonna know who I am. And I can't introduce you as "my mechanic"... or can I?"

20423743526_9decb57028_t.jpg "Hey, I'm not your mechanic. I'm the Mechanic."

20449973595_b3f138d8da_t.jpg "Great, yeah. That's what we'll tell people."

20423743526_9decb57028_t.jpg "Ugh. I'm never going to hear the quasaring end of this am I?"

20449973595_b3f138d8da_t.jpg "Nope."

20423743526_9decb57028_t.jpg "...it's Bonnie."

20449973595_b3f138d8da_t.jpg "Your name is Bonnie?" *METALLIC SNORT*

20423743526_9decb57028_t.jpg "Oh shut up and focus. I'm Bonnie, you're Koro, and we're hear to mingle with some high-ranking Kawashita bureaucrats who are suspected of colluding with MANTIS agents, or possibly being agents themselves. We need to be on our toes!"

20449973595_b3f138d8da_t.jpg "Speaking of toes, are you up on your tippies or what? You are not this much taller than me."

20423743526_9decb57028_t.jpg "You can thank the quasars who invented heels."

20441293572_d95a301e9b_b.jpg

The retainer at the entrance checked her holodisplay for "Koro and Guest". She gave a curt nod, which Koro knew she would. Bonnie The Mechanic gave a small sigh of relief.

20449973595_b3f138d8da_t.jpg "Wait... Bonnie. Is this your first time infiltrating a party or something?"

20423743526_9decb57028_t.jpg "Ugh. Your hair looks stupid."

20449973595_b3f138d8da_t.jpg "Don't change the subject. Also, I look suave."

20423743526_9decb57028_t.jpg "It is not my first party, Koro!"

20449973595_b3f138d8da_t.jpg "That's not what I asked."

20423743526_9decb57028_t.jpg "Ummmm... I don't have to answer your dumb questions. Let's just go and catch spies or whatever!"

20449973595_b3f138d8da_t.jpg "Okay but Bonnie?"

20423743526_9decb57028_t.jpg "What?"

20449973595_b3f138d8da_t.jpg "Stop squeezing my hand so hard. They're made of titanium and that still stings."

20423743526_9decb57028_t.jpg "Oops. Sorry."

Builder's Notes:

-Just a quick one from me this week, but I'm satisfied with the fact that it continues to show more sides of Koro and what can constitute spying.

-Some may question whether this is a "spying" build in a strict sense of the word, but I feel like being too narrow about that will let all spying builds be too similar. If you've seen a spy movie, let alone James Bond, then this sort of scenario should be familiar and definitely fits into the general context of spying as a result of story accompanying the MOC.

-Thanks for looking!

Ha, you used the same sign as I did. Hope my dojo dont say “Party tonight” :laugh:

It's also cool that we have a party on a planet we haven't dominated. But that only mean we haven't started exploring the wildlife or harvest it's resources yet. Kawashita have more than 36 employees :classic:

Nice to see Koro (and the Mechanic) in a different environment. And fun to know he'd rater fight a giant sea worm.

Raven have also been on a few parties but never for fun. To her it just mean going to work with less weapons and a different suit (or dress in her case)

They could have gone together but than they might as well scream “This is a spy mission” :grin:

Ha, you used the same sign as I did. Hope my dojo dont say “Party tonight” :laugh: It's also cool that we have a party on a planet we haven't dominated. But that only mean we haven't started exploring the wildlife or harvest it's resources yet. Kawashita have more than 36 employees :classic: Nice to see Koro (and the Mechanic) in a different environment. And fun to know he'd rater fight a giant sea worm. Raven have also been on a few parties but never for fun. To her it just mean going to work with less weapons and a different suit (or dress in her case) They could have gone together but than they might as well scream “This is a spy mission” :grin:

Next time, it'll be Raven.

Very nice build and hilarious story! I love that archway too :thumbup:

Thanks LJ. Tried to do as much as possible with the little time I had.

Koro does look quite suave... Fun story!

Thanks GG.

"Metallic snort" is a fantastic line! Nice scene and great story!

Haha thanks shmails!

Somehow I missed posting on this one! I love that white gate! Gorgeous! Also fun to see the visor piece used! I've got some in my build this week too! :grin: as always, your build is clean and delightful to look at, and your story is clever! One can always count on Koro to expand the definition of spying! :grin:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Nice gate, it needs a more contrasting background though.

Somehow I missed posting on this one! I love that white gate! Gorgeous! Also fun to see the visor piece used! I've got some in my build this week too! :grin: as always, your build is clean and delightful to look at, and your story is clever! One can always count on Koro to expand the definition of spying! :grin:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Thanks Danny!

This is very 007! Great work on limited time. Hilarious diolouge.

Thanks Steve. Something about Bonnie and Koro's relationship just brings out the banter.

Nice gate, it needs a more contrasting background though.

Yes. Have done a few builds with a lot of white lately. The limitations of white poster board... sigh... will need to invest in some different colored stuff. I'm not patient or skilled enough to 'shop a background.

Nice build! Love the story!

Thanks Umbra!