Sign in to follow this  
talos

1 August - new sets

So 1st August has come and went, and I was curious what everyone is buying. Lots of new sets available, well, at least in the first few hours anyway... I had to limit myself to just one set, and I got the Mercedes Arocs 3245 Technic set, (set #42043), which at $230 is about all I am willing to spend at the moment. All these great sets are pushing the price points higher and higher... I have to keep in budget these days!

What have you gotten?

I will be going to the Cardiff store soon, I'll be doing a little new stuff buying then. :sweet: Might as well sink the postage costs into the sum total of a trip to the city (Train, lunch and beers make for better feeling on the bottom line than a nasty postage cost, even if I pay more for the day trip!)

I got 2 Jokerlands, the Batboat set, the Scooby Doo Mansion and airplane/Headless Horseman, the Spiderman Carnage set, and I am eyeing up a few of the new Friends sets for my daughter, but havnt pulled the trigger on them just yet.

i ordered the Big Bang Theory Ideas set plus one of the new mixels :classic:

will get this and finally (didnt have the cash for the helicarrier) the winter soldier (55€ freebie) and the friends red carpet polybag.

order should be here tomorrow.

Ninjago and Elves and Bionicle, oh my! Considering there are new sets in almost every one of my favorite themes, you can probably guess that I'm excited.

I made a Lego store run on Saturday, and managed to limit myself to 70735 Ronin R.E.X. and 41077 Aira's Pegasus Sleigh. I've already got review copies of all of the new Bionicle sets, and I'm trying to save most of the other sets on my wish list for when they offer double VIP points. Plus, those two purchases were enough to net me the classic Pirate set as well as the Lego Friends pop star polybag!

I got the Scooby Doo haunted lighthouse. I'll probably get the Biplane and the Mystery Machine.

New mixels on the list too. All great parts in interesting colours :)

I was very eager to buy at least one scooby set - but after careful consideration I am gonna ger them at all

mainly because

a) I would get too many scoobies and shaggies ;) (if there is gonna be second wave - way too many of them)

b) event though I like the sets a lot there are some unique colors used that I don't have - so I would probably end up buying the mansion twice

so I am probably gonna save the money and invest into the upcoming big bang theme ;0

Although I got most of the Ninjago wave sans Chain Cycle and Stiix at Argos when they had 3 for 2 while on vacation in the UK, I picked up Mask Maker vs Skull Grinder today, completing the summer Bionicle wave for me.

I went to my LEGO Store only to learn that the Mystery Machine sold out within a few a hours, Ant-Man has been out of stock for a while, and Jurassic World hasn't been seen for a month. :hmpf_bad:

I went to my LEGO Store only to learn that the Mystery Machine sold out within a few a hours, Ant-Man has been out of stock for a while, and Jurassic World hasn't been seen for a month. :hmpf_bad:

Darn it, guess JW sets aren't gonna be reduced for a long time :(

Received today for my wife's b-day, the Friends' Grand Hotel and the Big Bang Theory set. Got the little free pirates set and the free City astronaut rover.