15 hours ago, gamejutzu said:

Wait, so what would that cost at that point? Like $50?

I think typically double points only apply to the discounted price, not the sticker price. So probably more like a net value of $90.

A D2C set like the Temple of Airjitzu being discounted like that only a year after release might normally be seen as a bad sign (i.e. it didn't sell well enough), but with the Ninjago movie coming out next year I wonder if it might be a case where they're trying to clear it out in preparation for a new Ninjago D2C...

18 hours ago, gamejutzu said:

Wait, so what would that cost at that point? Like $50?

I think it works out to the sale price $99, doubled VIP on that so almost 200 points. Which if you tally it all up makes the effective total price/savings somewhere around $80 for the thing. I remain more shocked (and hopeful) that this si the first time in years we have seen any D2C set have a sale/price reduction. This would be the first since the UCS B Wing. They had put in place a rule that D2C sets don't get price reductions, only VIP point bonuses after that. I'm thinking or at least hoping somebody finally saw through the stupidity of that policy. It would be nice to start seeing D2C sets on sale, or at reduced "damage box" prices again. From a retail perspective that was an idiotic policy. Yes a lot of people would hold off buying the big expensive sets until they went on sale. But by refusing to clearly and cleanly discount them, they burned off more profit by having them sit and take up shelf and warehouse space. 

2 hours ago, Lyichir said:

I think typically double points only apply to the discounted price, not the sticker price. So probably more like a net value of $90.

A D2C set like the Temple of Airjitzu being discounted like that only a year after release might normally be seen as a bad sign (i.e. it didn't sell well enough), but with the Ninjago movie coming out next year I wonder if it might be a case where they're trying to clear it out in preparation for a new Ninjago D2C...

I suspect that it is much like the Monster Hunters Haunted House. It had a planned and very definitive lifecycle of a year. Most Adventurers type stuff does. Add to that there is a rumored PotC D2C set looming to correspond with the new movie, and that is probably destined for the shelf slot that the Temple of Airjitsu sits. Because of the constantly evolving nature of the Ninjago story they do need to keep rotating stock at a minimum of a year. Most kids want the current new versions of the characters and settings. 

Guys, i am contemplating getting another Vehicle, would you recommend the Tumbler or the Rock Roader? I am leaning towards the Tumbler solely because of the minifigs but what about the actual vehicles themselves?

5 minutes ago, Darth Wayne said:

Guys, i am contemplating getting another Vehicle, would you recommend the Tumbler or the Rock Roader? I am leaning towards the Tumbler solely because of the minifigs but what about the actual vehicles themselves?

Rock Roader, period! I've praised it already 3 times or so in this thread, so I won't repeat myself again.

I found my initial post about it: 

5 hours ago, Exetrius said:

Rock Roader, period! I've praised it already 3 times or so in this thread, so I won't repeat myself again.

I found my initial post about it: 

Oh enough already, i'll buy it :P

So there's no real love for the Tumbler then right? I mean, it's got similar piece count and a couple features... Eh either way it will probably lose out to that suspension thing of the Rock Roader alone lol. I just saw a video of that and it looks insanely fun :))

1 hour ago, Darth Wayne said:

Oh enough already, i'll buy it :P

So there's no real love for the Tumbler then right? I mean, it's got similar piece count and a couple features... Eh either way it will probably lose out to that suspension thing of the Rock Roader alone lol. I just saw a video of that and it looks insanely fun :))

I do not have the Tumbler, so I can't compare them in-hand, but judging from the reviews that I've seen it's just a whole lot less fun than the Rock Roader, which of course doesn't make it a bad set. I know one EB member has swapped all the white for black, he was really satisfied with the "Tumbler" look. Anyway, have fun with it! :wink:

Eh maybe i'll grab it on clearance then, i actually HATE the original Batman tumbler but somehow i like this one a bit better looks wise.

Also: What do you guys that have a TON of Ninjago sets actually DO with them when built? I mean, i am having trouble finding display spaces as it is with non Ninjago sets, so this only

adds to the bulk hmm... Do ya'll have huge Ninjago only display tables or do you display them separately, or do you build them once, then take them apart for pieces or what?

4 hours ago, Darth Wayne said:

Also: What do you guys that have a TON of Ninjago sets actually DO with them when built? I mean, i am having trouble finding display spaces as it is with non Ninjago sets, so this only

adds to the bulk hmm... Do ya'll have huge Ninjago only display tables or do you display them separately, or do you build them once, then take them apart for pieces or what?

I have some Ikea shelves with 8 square boxes in them. I display my Ninjago sets in them, along with some other sets. They look really nice with all of the little displays.

10 hours ago, PickleManDan said:

I have some Ikea shelves with 8 square boxes in them. I display my Ninjago sets in them, along with some other sets. They look really nice with all of the little displays.

Nice. That's what i am already doing with Star Wars though, which Ikea shelves specifically? I was also thinking of maybe building some landscape on a huge table and then incorporate every Ninjago set i own in there somehow. Problem is, the landscape should be related (at least vaguely ) to the show.

15 hours ago, Darth Wayne said:Also: What do you guys that have a TON of Ninjago sets actually DO with them when built? I mean, i am having trouble finding display spaces as it is with non Ninjago sets, so this only

I have them on display for some time, I don't have space in my special display cabinet though, as it's saturated with MOCs. So, they get dusty; I need parts, I take them apart. This happened to 20 of them.

But recently, some sets have become so good that I want to keep them intact at least for a couple of years. I vowed to always keep the Master Wu Dragon set, atm it is stored until I have more display space in my cabinet.

22 hours ago, Darth Wayne said:

Eh maybe i'll grab it on clearance then, i actually HATE the original Batman tumbler but somehow i like this one a bit better looks wise.

Sadly I don't really have an extensive display space, so usually after displaying them on my dresser for a while, the built sets eventually end up slightly broken down and put back in their boxes.

33 minutes ago, Aanchir said:

Sadly I don't really have an extensive display space, so usually after displaying them on my dresser for a while, the built sets eventually end up slightly broken down and put back in their boxes.

Yeah see? That's kinda the sad fate i foresee for a LOT of my sets as well... I mean, at first it's all new and exciting but then after a while, stuff gets thrown back into their box or taken apart and added to the collective for the sake of buying newer sets again. That cycle repeats etc. Kinda disappointing when you think about it. I wish i had the space to keep ALL my sets displayed permanently because i all bought them at one time for that precise reason!

On 10/24/2016 at 11:58 AM, Darth Wayne said:

Sadly I really only have room to display the major sets. Typically the nice large Temples with a healthy assortment of figures. The vehicles I mess with a bit and then either repack or add to MOC's. The Temple of Airjitsu is likely the only Ninjago set to get a true permanent home as it will become an inside corner on the L shaped shelf of Modulars that hangs over my desk. (unfortunately this likely means that the Temple's interior will not be seen again until I repaint the room.) The minifigs, particularly the Ninja's are among the prominant denizens of the above desk city. Including "Young lloyd" shopping in my comic store. 

Edited by Faefrost

On 10/24/2016 at 10:58 AM, Darth Wayne said:

Well, the main purpose of Lego in the first place is to build stuff. And I've gotta get bricks from somewhere.

Believe it or not, I actually don't have as much Lego compared to nearly anyone on this site, despite getting into Lego at around late 2010 (coincidentally this was near Ninjago's release, which made me even more interested in Lego). So whenever I try to make huge MOCs and stuff I usually fall short of pieces, and usually settle for something medium sized instead. I end up disassembling all the sets I get to add them to my overall bricks to use later. So if I get a huge set like the Airjitzu Temple?

Ok, that was a bad example. Despite me being really torn whether or not I should disassemble it, I eventually will. It'll be a huge boost to my brick count, and there's so many cool bricks I don't have that are in this, which will look REALLY good in my MOCs.

Edited by gamejutzu

I did a lot of pondering where my Ninjago collection will end up after accumulating them for several years. As much as I like to keep the sets intact and built up, I need to part them out into pieces and only display the minifigures. I do MOCs so I value my own creations than just building up the sets.

Nowadays I have simple rule to prevent over buying more than I can build -- if the set is a vehicle I may just wait for 50% sale or just get the minifigure. If it is a playset or a building, I will likely get it in normal price or during polybag promotions. If it is retailer exclusive then most likely I'll wait for clearance too. If it is a dragon or mech I really want to continue collecting them but I am running out of space so just like the vehicles, if the price is not within my budget or if I don't "need" then I will skip it.

I had to trim down my collection because I have Star Wars and CMF to keep me busy as well... Unfortunately for the DotD sets none of them are playsets except Samurai X Cave which is sadly an exclusive so that made them very easy to skip...

When it comes to displaying my Ninjago sets, typically I'm able to keep an entire year's worth of sets on display on some shelves, and a desk, but once I've finished with the year, the next year's sets will take precedence, and the old sets will be disassembled and put into storage one by one (or as room is needed). Same applies to Nexo Knights and exclusives as well.

On 10/17/2016 at 7:22 PM, just2good said:

Like Nexo Knights, Toys"R"Us has a weird version of the Salvage M.E.C.H. listed - the fan pack version. The only difference I can spot is the set number and that little tag, which is hard to read. Piece counts are the same. I heard there's also one of the Rock Roader coming.

I think it says "See Back Of Box," which isn't helpful. The website doesn't list what's different either.

While at TRU getting a stone armor Cole today,  I had seen both the "extra awesome" versions of the rock roader and salvage mech.  Apparently they include 2x poster, voucher, and a map leaflet. 

41 minutes ago, LegoLeroy said:

While at TRU getting a stone armor Cole today,  I had seen both the "extra awesome" versions of the rock roader and salvage mech.  Apparently they include 2x poster, voucher, and a map leaflet. 

Whoohoo, awesomeness!!! :sarcasm_hmpf: Thanks for sharing! Actually, it's a good thing that it's not a big deal, because I never get to visit a TRU store to buy those exclusives...

Speaking of which.. I still want this polybag: 5004391-1: Sky Pirates Battle. :look: Anyone know at what occasion or store it is/was available?

After having built the Morro Dragon, i wonder, could this actually be the BIGGEST purely brick built Dragon in oficial Lego set form? Or is there another?

I mean... i haven't built that Queen Dragon from Elves yet (though it's not purely brick built i guess), but the Morro Dragon really does seem huge right?

15 minutes ago, Darth Wayne said:

After having built the Morro Dragon, i wonder, could this actually be the BIGGEST purely brick built Dragon in oficial Lego set form? Or is there another?

I mean... i haven't built that Queen Dragon from Elves yet (though it's not purely brick built i guess), but the Morro Dragon really does seem huge right?

Shouldn't this go in the 2015 topic?

It's really debatable what qualifies as "purely brick-built". The Ultra Dragon from 9450 may use specialized head molds, but a lot more building goes into its wings than the Morro Dragon's, which use specially-cut cloth pieces for the wing membrane.

Defining "biggest" is tricky as well. Morro Dragon is probably the longest LEGO dragon, but I think the Ultra Dragon probably beats it in terms of weight and volume, despite a smaller piece count. Elandra the Queen Dragon has a higher piece count than either (485 pieces, compared to Morro Dragon's 462 and the Ultra Dragon's 415), despite being shorter and having a narrower wingspan. But 4894 Mythical Creatures's primary model has perhaps the largest piece count (527) and the widest wingspan of any LEGO dragon — Morro Dragon's wingspan is around 16 inches, while 4894's wingspan is closer to 30 inches.

3 minutes ago, Aanchir said:

Shouldn't this go in the 2015 topic?

It's really debatable what qualifies as "purely brick-built". The Ultra Dragon from 9450 may use specialized head molds, but a lot more building goes into its wings than the Morro Dragon's, which use specially-cut cloth pieces for the wing membrane.

Defining "biggest" is tricky as well. Morro Dragon is probably the longest LEGO dragon, but I think the Ultra Dragon probably beats it in terms of weight and volume, despite a smaller piece count. Elandra the Queen Dragon has a higher piece count than either (485 pieces, compared to Morro Dragon's 462 and the Ultra Dragon's 415), despite being shorter and having a narrower wingspan. But 4894 Mythical Creatures's primary model has perhaps the largest piece count (527) and the widest wingspan of any LEGO dragon — Morro Dragon's wingspan is around 16 inches, while 4894's wingspan is closer to 30 inches.

Thanks for clarifying mate... Yeah not sure about 2015, maybe it's because i bought the set this year that i thought it was 2016 :P

I just checked out Mythical Creatures and while it does look huge, it looks pretty ugly to my eyes somehow, maybe because i am used to the newer style dragons or something. Morro's Dragon is certainly up there then in size it seems, and in terms of pure looks it may be the winner for me!! (Wu's Dragon as runner up)

I don't know about the worldwide release, but in the Dutch AppStore the Wu Cru app released a few days ago. Here's the trailer: 

:classic:

Edited by Exetrius

7 hours ago, Exetrius said:

Sorry to double post, but I bring - probably - the last piece of Ninjago news for 2016. The December issue will include Nya and quite some accessories: https://youtu.be/RXje1_qbL9E?t=16m8s Not too shabby, I cannnot have enough of those 2014 Samurai X outfits. :classic:

Nice. Looks like I'll gave to pick that one up.

Stone Armor Cole is free at US Toys 'R' Us stores this week with a $30 LEGO purchase. Ninjago, Elves, and Speed Champions are also 20% off this week. I'm probably gonna take advantage of this opportunity by getting the Samurai X Cave Chaos set sometime in the next few days.

Still wondering whether there's any chance of a Target minifigure gift set this year… the past two years' cubes have had pretty great Ninjago minifigures, and while all five Stone Warrior ninja costumes are available now, there are plenty of other cool costumes in the show that still haven't appeared physically, like Skylor's new costume!