Alas, picture of the Airjitzu Battle Grounds!

OLhmvsg.png

ndfYpNd.png

Of course, huge ones here (add _alt and then a number 1-10 after the set number): http://cache.lego.co...1&fmt=png-alpha

I put some bigger sized ones in this Imgur album: http://imgur.com/a/RS1Tg

Also, I think just about all the other Summer 2016 pictures are on the cache. So somebody better get to pulling those! :grin:

This is AWESOME! This isvery creative in the mean time! Wait, did Nya just got her own elemental symbol?

That set is a must buy for me! I'm not buying the ultra sonic ranger 2.0 so now I can get sensei yang! Is there two zanes?

They're some sort of minions of Yang; possessed statues, it seems.

According to the hi-res box art their names are Chris and Martin. I'm guessing they're meant to be two of his former pupils.

Also, you guys! One of the viewscreens in Samurai X Cave Chaos references the Phantom Ninja from the tenth Papercutz graphic novel! Mind=blown!

I compiled all the new high-resolution summer set pictures here if anybody wants to browse them. Besides the many easter eggs in Samurai X Cave Chaos, I also found this picture of The Green NRG Dragon amusing. :grin:

Alright, that set's pretty cool.

Only ones on my 'need' list are the Prison and the Lighthouse.

They're some sort of minions of Yang; possessed statues, it seems.

Oh! Thats sick! I'm getting really excited for this one! I got the spinjitzu dojo so this will will sit comfortably next to it

For anyone interested Cryptor is in fact "new" new printing on the torso and the head and sholder pads.

http://cache.lego.com/r/dynamic/is/image/LEGO/70596_alt11?op_sharpen=0&resmode=sharp4&wid=4000&fit=constrain,1&fmt=png-alpha

That's good, I like the new purple scar, for example. The red dots on the laser eye look off, though, but I guess they'll fix that. Thanks for the heads up!

It also appears Cole has a worried look on his scar face.

The nindroids in Zane's Tumbler appear to have similar or the exact face print of Cryptor. Hard to tell.

Edited by LegendsOfNinjago

Someone on Reddit caught that the Nexo Knights ball joint projectile piece is coming in black in the Samurai X Cave -

kZd-qCJ0-OsEDW2ImG7fNUoEc8jUVmz4ySt4NUgtBDE.jpg?w=485

For anyone interested Cryptor is in fact "new" new printing on the torso and the head and sholder pads.

http://cache.lego.co...1&fmt=png-alpha

Yep, I noticed this in the Toy Fair pictures and videos. The only returning enemy character who uses the same design as in his previous appearance is Chen. Which is surprising, since he's the one character we know of whose appearance already HAS changed in the show! It'd be cool if they printed his face on the opposite side of his head in purple to represent the Anacondrai version of him, but since it's not shown in any of these pictures I wouldn't count on it.

I can't tell what the name of the special version of Cole in the Rock Roader is. "Cole _X", so a very retro sort of character name, but I can't make out that first letter. Besides the differently colored arms, the part of his chest around his badge is lighting up with elemental energy.

The army building set picture is up on Instagram and the Minifigures look really good! All of them are new and the sky pirates seem to have new pieces I think.

The army building set picture is up on Instagram and the Minifigures look really good! All of them are new and the sky pirates seem to have new pieces I think.

https://instagram.com/p/BFpSBOEKfEx/

Looks great! I love Tournament Zane. Interesting that he uses a "battle damaged" face print and one yellow and one silver arm, like the battle damaged version of Techno Zane from 2013, rather than using two silver metallic arms and a "Zane 2.0" face. The previous picture made it a little ambiguous. It's also a bit unusual that he uses a full hood rather than a mask and hair like the other Tournament figs, but that's an easy swap to make.

Samurai X looks nice. Between this, Skybound Nya, Throwback Nya, and Airjitzu Nya, there are actually FOUR new Nya minifigures this year! She's previously been under-represented in sets, so it's good to see that on its way to being corrected at last.

That's a really great battle pack, all of the minifigures are exclusive. Tournament Zane would have been a nice inclusion for the target gift pack later in the year, but I don't mind it being here. Samurai X is new and this is like the 4th variation of her right? The pirates are a nice surprise, i saw those headpieces in the show and thought it would be cool if we actually got them in Lego. It's good to see that they made him. I'm definitely getting that pack when it comes out.

Cryptor is new, but his goons use the same face and torso. The stone warriors have new face printing with dark red printing. Also, the skeletons are new.

Edited by amazingbricks

The battle pack looks great, the battle grounds looks great, and all the other sets are fantastic! Goodbye wallet

I just noticed Yang's students are rockin' the 2011 hood.

It is always great to see that hood to

Battle pack is awesome. However, I am very disappointed in the grounds set. I enjoy building LEGO and for the aesthetics on the shelf, not for the playability. I was REALLY hoping for for "hollowed" ground, statue filled, prayer garden type of setting. Oh well, just my opinion.

In other news, I stopped by the LEGO store otw home from a trip. They had a Temple of Airjitzu set in the clearance section. It had a banged up corner but was still in tact. I was given an additional 500 VIP points on top of the 200 points for the purchase. I already had 1000 points saved up I put towards the purchase. So essentially I got it for $115. This is one of the best sets LEGO has made in a long time and thanks to divine intervention I was able to get it for a steal. Now to find a place to put it....