finhudson

Cheap Low Latency Power Functions Controller With Bluetooth

I have not used features from the app you mentioned, but instead coded my own, and the same goes for the arduino code.

The framework is there in the app and the arduino code; proportional speed control will be featured in the next version of the app, which will be released on the play store if the project is funded.

The Bluetooth module is the small board mounted on the top of the main board, and it will be included in the kits sold. The circuitry for it is in the shield, so integrating it is as simple as plugging it in

Is there anywhere specific I need to post for it to be featured on the front page?

Edited by finhudson

You could call this thread "Low-latency Arduino: Cheap TECHNIC controller Kickstarter", etc.

Creating topics with the single purpose of promoting your kickstarter project is frowned upon. We do allow some promotion, but it's better not to put Kickstarter in the title.

Is there anywhere specific I need to post for it to be featured on the front page?

No there isn't. We frontpage interesting things we see in the different forums.

I personally think your project is currently not interesting enough to promote. I think you need to work on the presentation and definition of the project.

Thanks for the feedback and the sppedy reply Jim.

I think the project might get a bit more interesting as I develop the code, I'm currently working on a simple programming interface to work on the phone for quick testing and experimenting, I'll post a video of it once I have it working a bit smoother.

I have updated the kickstarter with some better presentation and organisation, and I've got a third backer! :grin:

Creating topics with the single purpose of promoting your kickstarter project is frowned upon. We do allow some promotion, but it's better not to put Kickstarter in the title.

No there isn't. We frontpage interesting things we see in the different forums.

I personally think your project is currently not interesting enough to promote. I think you need to work on the presentation and definition of the project.

I agree, this project has potential but needs more testing to grab the attention of deep pockets to Kickstart it.

Thanks for the feedback and the sppedy reply Jim.

I think the project might get a bit more interesting as I develop the code, I'm currently working on a simple programming interface to work on the phone for quick testing and experimenting, I'll post a video of it once I have it working a bit smoother.

Make it compatible with my Galaxy S6 Edge please :thumbup:

So I know it's bad to double post...but...

I think you guys might want to see this:

I have added a simple programming environment to the android app that can be used for simple programs by people with no experience with coding. It could also be useful for testing parts of a program you are making quickly and easily with using the Arduino IDE.

The video explains it much better(select HD quality to see the app better):

Note: The same app is used for the remote control functionality, and that remains unaffected by this update. You can select 'Program mode' or 'RC Mode' from the main menu in the app

What do you think to this?

Edited by finhudson

So I know it's bad to double post...but...

I think you guys might want to see this:

I have added a simple programming environment to the android app that can be used for simple programs by people with no experience with coding. It could also be useful for testing parts of a program you are making quickly and easily with using the Arduino IDE.

The video explains it much better(select HD quality to see the app better):

Note: The same app is used for the remote control functionality, and that remains unaffected by this update. You can select 'Program mode' or 'RC Mode' from the main menu in the app

What do you think to this?

Looks great! Now take a video of using it in an RC car, and preferably a video focusing on the shield (all Arduino users will appreciate this to understand how it works).

I have already uploaded a picture of it in an RC truck (see previous page)

There are some more videos of the shield on the kickstarter page.

Does anyone else have any opinions or suggestions for the in app programming?

My app allows full control of the PFShield, which roboremo could be configured to do with some different code on the Arduino.

My app also allows basic programs to be made and executed of the PFShield, which Roboremo cannot do.

I am also providing the Arduino shield and Arduino sketch to work with my App, there is no hardware part to Roboremo, it is just a control app.

The full version of my app will also be free.

So to conclude, I have a hardware solution that can be installed directly into your creation and controlled or programmed with my app.

EDIT: I explained this terribly, basically, roboremo is an app to control Arduino projects you make, I am selling a complete control solution with my Arduino shield and the Android app

Second edit: I don't know if I'm allowed to say this on the forum, but please back the kickstarter :wink:

Edited by finhudson

I just thought I should mention that the shield can be programmed to respond in different ways to the remote control commands by editing the code on the Arduino. For example, I could program the Arduino such that the drive and steering commands from the controller would correctly control a skid steer vehicle. (Demo coming soon). I will publish the bluetooth commands the app sends if the project is funded to make it easier for you to program custom responses.

If anyone has any questions just ask.

Please stop bumping your topic to promote your Kickstarter project. Your project is clearly not "mature" enough to gain enough interest. Doesn't mean you should quit, but it still needs a lot of work. My advice is; keep working on your project and try again at a later stage.

sorry to be this direct but i don't like it, its biger than the S-brick it's uglier, the program looks difficult and isn't that beautiful as the S-brick and it only offers 3 channels

if it was smaller and had more channels, i would buy it

Firstly I want to apologise for bumping the topic, at the time it seemed a good idea, but looking at it now it does seem quite immature.

This product is not meant to compete with the SBrick, if you want a simple, elegant solution, then the SBrick is definitely the way to go.

My products instead offers a bridge between the Open source Arduino platform and your LEGO creations.