Sign in to follow this  
Sandy

Heroica RPG - Quest#135: Kill Baba

Helpless to control his limbs and seeing his friends falling around him, Thormanil can only let loose a roar of desperation.

"FIGHT IT! DON'T LET THAT WITCH WIN!"

He whimpers as he looks at Arx, crumpled on the ground. With every ounce of willpower he can muster, he tries to resist the pull of the strings:

"Just... don't let her win..."

There's some very convoluted conditionals I could lay out here. Plan?

Not sure yet, a phoenix incense could at least get Nerwen and Johon back up, but I'm not sure if that's the most pressing thing to do. And I really want to know if I get a turn if I wake up or not. If I need to first wake up then this is pretty much over already.

Can Pretzel still act in a way that will help us, or is he officially anti-party now?

heroicaquest135-parasite.jpg

Wow! That thing really suits him actually. :look:

Edited by Palathadric

Johon turns to see the monk suddenly toss several bombs at him and the others.

He explains, suddenly getting knocked backwards and unconsious from the blast.

And I really want to know if I get a turn if I wake up or not. If I need to first wake up then this is pretty much over already.

QM Note: You will spend a turn waking up, so I'm afraid there is little you can do...

Just to be clear, Monk Pretzel has been a traitor throughout this quest. This was his last chance to act.

Can Pretzel still act in a way that will help us, or is he officially anti-party now?

He has been anti-party all along, he's just been covert about it. :tongue:

I figured that was the case, but wanted to clarify. So that effectively removes the option of "fight it, pretzel!" and leaves us with... Namyrra hopefully waking up. Heh

I get a feeling we're pretty much totally ducked then.

Namyrra tries to wake up so she can be knocked out.

Battle order:

Does it really matter?

The problem is that Namyrra won't get to act before she's without a doubt knocked out. Or maybe if the battle order is Thormanil, Namyrra, Thormanil? Of course that leaves Sandy with the option of having Thormanil do nothing, so Namyrra won't be woken up, and then we're again, totally ducked.

"Zzz zzzz zmoke.."

Namyrra tries to use a smoke bomb

Battle order:

Thormanil

Namyrra

Thormanil

Thormanil, if under his own control, attempts to use smoke bombs, too.

QM Note: Palathadric, what are Monk Pretzel's actions? You will act after Thormanil and Namyrra, so I need them too.

I attack Namyrra twice with the Splinter Broom from the Back Row.

:sad:

Edited by Palathadric

When will the clown get his free hit, after Namyrra's turn or after mine?

When will the clown get his free hit, after Namyrra's turn or after mine?

After yours.

Sandy's enjoying a vacation currently. We're on hold til he's back

Results of Round Four of the Labyrinth Battle:

Thormanil vs. Namyrra - Deflected Damage/Hit (Namyrra: 64 health-(65+65=130 dmg)=0 health)

Namyrra tries to wake up

Thormanil vs. himself - Special Damage/Special Damage (no effect)

Monk Pretzel vs. Thormanil - Enhancement/Special Damage (Monk Pretzel: Dual Staff +1 WP)

Monk Pretzel vs. Thormanil - Shield/Special Damage (Toolkit: Finders Keepers! - Monk Pretzel: +200 gold)

Farfarello - Free Hit vs. Thormanil - (Thormanil: 44 health+13 SP-70 dmg=0 health)

Thormanil cannot control himself as the demon makes him lunge his spear into the sleeping Namyrra, knocking her out cold as well. Then he just flails helplessly as Monk Pretzel makes the most out of the situation by enhancing his weapon and digging for some gold. The demon puppeteer then hoists the dragoon up into the air by the ethereal strings.

heroicaquest135-farfarello.jpg

"ALRIGHTY KIDS, PLAY TIME IS OVER. NEXT TIME YOU CONSIDER GOING AFTER THE IMMORTAL WITCH, THINK AGAIN! KYAHAHAHA!"

Farfarello smashes Thormanil hard into the side of the cavern.

THE BATTLE IS LOST!

The heroes wake up to the sun shining on their faces. They realize they have been loaded onto a cart, guarded stern elven knights armed with shields and glaives.

heroicaquest135-starelvenknight.jpg

"Lady Zaniah, they are awake."

The female knight then approached the cart, but she was not alone. Two of the Veterans, the Dragonlord and the Sand Queen accompanied her.

heroicaquest135-zaniah.jpg

"Good. Now I can officially tell you to take this sorry lot back where you came from." Zaniah pointed at the portal glistening in the midst of the trees a little way ahead.

heroicanpc-dragonlord.jpg

"We apologize for any inconvenience our mission has caused you and Spesialia, Lady Zaniah. Since your leaders refused to heed our call, we had to act on our own."

heroicanpc-sandqueen.jpg

"Little did we know of the treachery among these valiant heroes. My visions failed to warn me..."

"Valiant heroes?! More like murderous invaders! If it weren't for them, my radiant starlight would still be with me."

"Again, we can only apologize, and respect your territory from now on. Heroica has some unfinished business with The Prospector, but once that is settled, we will not set foot in Spesialia again."

~THE QUEST HAS FAILED!~

"You can speak for yourself, but what about the monk who has gone missing?"

heroicanpc-sandqueen.jpg

"Miss Uq and her companions can shed more light on the matter, can't you?"

What would the heroes tell Zaniah and the Veterans about the botched-up quest?

Party:

picture_8_inventory.pngJohon, The Champion of Darkness (Bricksandparts)

26 years old male human Raider

Level 33 2/4 *Natural Respite* *Permanently Lucky* *1.5 stealing multiplier* *Hide of The Bleeding*

Power: 43 (33+10)

Defense: 1

Health: 47/47 (32+7+7)

Gold: 6962

Equipment: Muckraker (WP:+13, suit: Barbarians/Knights/Beast Warriors/Necromancers/Regulators, *Water, Wood, Earth*, Causes *Weakened*), Satchel of Awesomeness (suit: Anyone, *Permanently Lucky*), Hide of The Bleeding (suit: Anyone, +10HP +5ETH for every enemy user defeats), Sticky Gloves (suit: Rogues/Beast Warriors, 1.5 multiplier for stealing), Dog Statuette (Rover) (suit: Anyone, SP:+1)

Inventory:

Weapons: Old Whip (WP:+10, suit: Rogues/Artisans/Beast Warriors/Decamon Drafters/Harlots/Marauders/Necromancers, 2X damage vs. Beasts), Sword of Decay (WP:+8, suit: Barbaians/Knights/Mages, Causes *Decayed by X-3 rounds* X=dmg dealt/4, Effect does not stack), Greatsword (WP:+3, suit: Barbarians/Knights/Beast Warriors/Necromancers/Regulators), Focal Staff (WP:+5, suit: Clerics/Mages, Ability: Roll 3 at cost of 5 ether), Gladius (WP:+15, suit: Anyone, Darkness, 1/3 chance of causing *Fragile* on succesful hits), Stalker’s Mallet (WP:+8, suit: Barbarians/Knights/Harlots, 1/2 chance of causing *sealed*), Lullaby Wand (WP:+6, suit: Mages/Necromancers, Causes *asleep*), Lovelorn Wand (WP:+6, suit: Mages/Necromancers, Causes *enamored*), Scaridy Wand (WP:+6, suit: Mages/Necromancers, Causes *afraid*), Wand of Wrath (WP:+6, suit: Mages/Necromancers, Causes *enraged*), Shield (SP:+5, Suit: Knights/Dragoons/Regulators/Skirmishers), Qlice (WP:+8, club, Causes *Poisoned-by-4*), Luminous Bow (WP:+9, suit: Rangers/Beast Warriors/Weather Mages/Winged Warriors, 3X damage vs. Fiery/Dark, 0X damage vs. Plants/Aquatic)

Artifacts: Simple Helmet (suit: Anyone, HP:+1), Pseudo's hood (suit: Anyone, Ignores Undead immunity), Quiver of Poisoning (suit: Rangers/Beast Warriors/Infiltrators/Winged Warriors, Causes *Poisoned by 1* using bows/crossbows), Blessed Amulet (suit: Anyone, *Immune to cursed*), Barbarian's Boots (suit: Barbarians/Chi Monks/Beast Warriors, *Restoration*), Counterstrike Gloves (suit: Anyone, deals damage equal to level when hit with free-hit), Sterile Gloves (Suit: Anyone, *Immune to Poisoned/Bleeding*), Bravado Boots (suit: Anyone, 1/6 chance of receiving *Lucky* at start of battle), Scarlet Hood (suit: Anyone, pwr:+4, *immune to stunned*), Steel Core (suit: Anyone, +7 power), Heavy Armour (suit: Barbarians/Knights, SP:+5, *Immune to Fragile*), Tin Helmet (suit: Anyone, *Immune to Hexed/Confused*), Brimstone Armor (SP:6, absorbs fire damage; causes fire damage equal to wearer’s defense to those that hit the wearer with normal attacks; suitable to barbarians, knights, dragoons, skirmishers, regulators and vindicators; bodywear)

Spell Items: Aquamarine (2), Emerald (1), Garnet (1), Opal (1), Ruby (1), Sapphire (1), Topaz (1), Diamond (2), Amethyst (2), Scroll of Sleep (1), Scroll of Blindness (1), Scroll of Sealing (1), Scroll of Confusion (1), Scroll of Frailty (1), Scroll of Weakening (1), Scroll of Antimagic (1)

Consumables: Potion (30), Grand Potion (16), Grand Tonic (1), Health Core (3), Remedy (12), Phoenix Essence (3), Mead (13), Smelling Salts (16), Nostrum (16), Ambrosia (2), Mulled Wine (1), Titan Heart (encouraged & inspired), Venom (10), Deadly Venom (7), Smoke Bomb (1) , Fire Bomb (1), Water Bomb (4), Lightning Bomb (14), Seal Bomb, Bone (14), Skeleton Decoy (2), Trial Brew (1), Ectoplasm (1), Level-Up Mushroom (1), Grating Stone (1), Blind Fury (1), Neutralizer (1), Equilibrium Tonic (1), Oculoid Miasma (1)

Tools etc.: Shovels (1), Pick-axes (2), Magic Compasses (1), Water Canteens (2), Lonely Island Magniscope (1), Blue Rose (Invasion of Luosh) (1), Fifty Shades of Bley (1), Mythril Shards (1), Silver Ore (1)

namyrra_training_hall_avatar.jpgNamyrra Uq (Quarryman) *Party Leader*

1337 years old female Fenarian Necromancer

Level 51 1/5 *Immune to Sealed, Slowed, Bound, Confused, Fire, Wind, Water, Lightning and Earth* *Gains Triple EXP*

Power: 96 (51+45)

Defense: 10

Health: 65/65 (5+50+5+5)

Ether: 70/70 (5+50+1+5+4+5)

Gold: 698

Equipment: Crystal Mace (WP: 45 (5*gems imbued); Fire-, Ice-, Wind-, Water-, Lightning-, Earth-, Wood-, Light-, and Darkness-elemental; Mace), Robe of the Archmagi (SP:3, Ether:5. immune to Sealing, Fire, Wind, Water, Lightning and Earth, bodywear), Medal of Glory (gain triple XP; accessory), Ethereal Cloak (SP:2, Max. Ether +4, backwear), Fanged Helm (SP:5, headwear), Winged Sandals (Immune to bound and slowed, footwear)

Inventory:

Weapons: Mythril Empyreal Staff (WP:28), Nocturne Flute (WP: 6; inflicts the Asleep effect; Instrument), Pongcanis Shield (SP: 7; Shield)

Artifacts: Gold Dragon Crown (max Ether +6; immune to Stunned; suitable for anyone; Headwear), Desert Cloak (immune to Fire; suitable for anyone; Backwear), Water Canteen (Carries 3 portions of water; Accessory), Cobweb Cowl (immune to Sudden Death; suitable for anyone; Backwear), Winged Sandals (immune to Bound and Slowed; suitable for anyone; Footwear), Paper Doll (immune against Hexed, Accessory)

Spell Items: Amethyst, Emerald, Topaz, Garnet, Diamond, Sapphire, Ruby, Aquamarine, Scroll of Blinding, Scroll of Arc Blinding, Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Sleep, Scroll of Frailty, Scroll of Weakening, Naamah's Hourglass (Randomly causes either Hastened or Slowed to the target at the cost of 3 Ether), Jade Lamp of Summoning (summons Mediq, restoring health equal to the level of the summoner at the cost of 5 Ether)

Consumables: Potions (10), Grand Potions (4), Health Core, Tonics (9), Ether Cores (3), Remedies (12), Phoenix Essences (5), Phoenix Incenses (2), Mead (13), Smelling Salts (4), Nostrum (5), Ambrosia, Dragon Scale (lucky & blessed), Titan Heart (encouraged & inspired) (2), Deadly Venom (3), Smoke Bombs (2), Holy Bomb, Water Bomb (14), Lightning Bomb (14), Dirt Bomb (3), Aeolus Bomb, Rudra Bomb, Flash Bomb, Demon Repellant (Makes the user impervious to direct attacks from demons for one battle, unless the user is the last one standing), Soul Cage (Doomed-effect to all combatants), Skeleton Decoys (2), Bones (17)

Tools etc.: Pickaxe, Bedroll

15622016117_ba91eaa5d2_t.jpgNerwen Calmcacil (Chromeknight)

264 year old female Elven Minstrel

Level 39 *Immune to sealed* *Gains Double EXP*

Power: 51 (39+4+8)

Defense: 2 (1+1)

Health: 53/53 (9+38+11-5)

Ether: 51/51 (5+38+4+1+3)

Gold: 645

Equipment: Party Maracas (WP:4; user is hastened; instrument), Lesser Ethereal Cloak (SP:1, Max. ether +3, immune to sealed; backwear), Leather armour (SP:1; Bodywear), Medal of Valor (Double experience from battles; accessory)

Inventory:

Weapons: Elbereth (WP:12, ice-, wind- and light-elemental wand), Mutt's Flute (WP:10; inflicts Weakened-effect; instrument), Nocturne Flute (WP:6; causes asleep-effect; instrument), Battered wooden flute (WP:6; Darkness-elemental; instrument), Sword of the Warrior of the Light (WP: 14; Light-Elemental, Meditate becomes hits; longsword), Mourning Star (WP: 10; Fire-elemental; inflicts Fragile-effect; mace), Bent Crowbar (WP: 8; 3x damage to Mechanical enemies; hammer), Axe of the Minotaur Champion (WP: 30; user is Slowed and Immune to Hastened, cannot be equipped at the same time as a shield; axe), Shield (SP: 5)

Artifacts: Elven Robes (SP:1, Max. ether +2, immune to sealed, slowed and jinxed; suitable to elves only; bodywear), Nordic Stomach Guard (SP: 3; Immunity to Ice and Water; Bodywear; Suitable for Barbarians, Regulators, and Beast Warriors), Shield of the Red Lizard (SP: 2; Immune to Blind), Seal of the Warrior Priestess (At the beginning of the battle the user has a 1/6 chance to be Transcended, a 1/6 chance to be Blessed, and a 1/6 chance to be Inspired; Accessory; Suitable for Paladins), Trickster's Mask of the Angel, Order Imperial's Assassin Cowl (Immune to Light and Darkness, Wearer is Nimble; headwear; Suitable for Assassins, Chi Monks, Infiltrators, Rogue Thieves, Paragons), Razor (user is Blessed and Immune to Bleeding, Enraged, and Encouraged; May take up any artifact slot; requires a shaved head), Helm of the Lord of Light (Immune to Light and Jinxed; headwear; Suitable for Knights), Sylvania's Cowl (Permits Animal Talk, Headwear), Counterstrike Gloves, Zap-Tap Badge (1/2 chance to make lighting-elemental counterstrike an opponent who has dealt damage to a hero, equal to the hero's level; Accessory),

Spell Items: Scroll of Sleep (2), Scrolls of Blindness (2), Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Weakening (2), Scroll of Frailty (2), Scroll of Confusion (2), Scroll of Lesser Fire Warding (Enables the user to make the target immune to fire for the next three rounds. Each casting has a 50/50 chance of success and costs 1 ether.), Scroll of Lesser Earth Warding (Enables the user to make the target immune to earth for the next three rounds. Each casting has a 50/50 chance of success and costs 1 ether.), Scroll of Lesser Darkness Warding (Enables the user to make the target immune to darkness for the next three rounds. Each casting has a 50/50 chance of success and costs 1 ether.), Hundred Hero Hymn (Battle Song that doubles the current and maximum health for the rest of the party for the remainder of the round. Stacks with the inspired-effect. Costs 2 ether per ally.)

Consumables: Potions (10), Grand Potion (2), Health Core, Tonics (3), Grand Tonic, Ether Core (2), Elixir (2), Remedy (6), Neutralizer (2), Tiger Balm (2), Herbal Infusion (Remove negative effects and cause blessed- and transcended-effects) (3), Phoenix Essence (3), Nostrum (2), Smelling Salts (2), Ambrosia (4), Mulled Wine, Dragon Scale (lucky & blessed) (2), Titan Heart (encouraged & inspired), Venom (4), Fire Bomb, Ice Bombs (2), Lightning Bomb, Water Bombs (2), Dirt Bombs (2), Air Bomb, Baldur Bomb, Bone, Milk (restores 15 HP and 15 Ether), Red Death Blood (Once applied to a weapon the first successful hit deals doomed, consumable) (2), Sushi (restores 5 health and ether), Feather of Lithe, Grating Stone

Tools etc.: Shovel, Bedroll, Magnifying Glass, Telescope, Pickaxe

7928526094_0c2174ef6b_t.jpgThormanil Nihai, Dragonslayer, Orc-kin (swils)

23 years old male vertically challenged giant Dragoon

Level 48 1/5 *Immune to Darkness, Light, Water, Fire, Wind, Earth, Lightning, and Asleep, Blinded, Bound, Confused, Fragile,Slowed, and Weakened*

Power: 65 (48+16+1)

Defense: 13 (10+3)

Health: 70/70 (8+47+15)

Gold: 2099

Equipment: Shishkebab (WP:16, dual-strike, darkness-elemental, lance),Skirmisher's Shield (SP:10, shield), Bright Armor (SP:3, Wearer is immune to Darkness, bodywear), Winged Sandals (Wearer is immune to Light, Water, Fire, Wind, Earth, and Lightning, and the Asleep, Blinded, Bound, Confused, Fragile, Slowed, and Weakened-effects; footwear)

Inventory:

Weapons: Dragonsbane Lance (WP: 20, triple damage to enemies with 'Dragon' in their name, lance), Gladiator Trident (WP:11, Spear, causes bleeding-by-5 effect), Guardian Halberd (WP: 5, target's defense is used as additional WP, halberd), Duplovian Swift Halberd (WP:3, deals Stunned, halberd), Tongue on a Stick (WP:1, Miss -> "Aim"), Frozen Saber (WP:9, longsword, Stuns enemies), Repeater Crossbow (WP:7, crossbow. Hastened for first round of combat while equipped.), Mercutio's Dagger of Mugging (WP:5, +5 gold from stealing; dagger), Composite Bow (WP:11, ignores defense, bow), Crystal Shield (SP:2 multiplied by the amount of gems imbued; cannot be upgraded otherwise; shield)

Artifacts:Trickster's Mask of the Gender Swap (Accessory), Trickster's Mask of the Weredog (Accessory), Trickster's Mask of the Elf (Accessory), Sticky Gloves (Handwear, Increases the amount of gold stolen by 50% (rounded up)), Aqua Gear (Wearer deals and is immune to water-elemental damage, accessory)

Spell Items: 2x Amethyst (Darkness), Emerald (Wood), Opal (Ice)

Consumables: 2x Potion, Diluted Arc Tonic, Grand Tonic, 4x Remedy, 3x Phoenix Essence, Neutralizer, Milk, 2x Elixir, Nostrum, 3x Smelling Salts, 3x Mulled Wine, Soma, Dragon Scale (lucky & blessed), Jinxy Juice, 2x Feather of Lithe, 3x Venom, 2x Deadly Venom, 2x Fire Bomb, Lightning Bomb, 3x Smoke Bomb, Ice Bomb, 4x Water Bomb, Doomsday Bomb (99 damage to all enemies), 2x Grating Stone, Teleportapple

Tools etc.: Pickaxe, Shovel, Magnifying Glass

9394458519_4bc0f05f51_o.pngArx the Youngling (Pet Dragon controlled by swils)

Level: 48 1/5

Health: 78/78 (30+48)

Element: Ice

Okay, I'll bite.

"Valiant heroes?! More like murderous invaders! If it weren't for them, my radiant starlight would still be with me."

"Murderers?!" Thormanil roars at the elf, "I should kill you where you stand!" Recognizing the harsh gaze of the Heroica veterans falling upon him, he regains his composure. "Which... I guess would just bring truth to your accusation. Listen, you ungrateful brick, we saved your love. And you for that matter! You could argue all you want that if we hadn't been there, the dragon wouldn't have attacked--it seemed to delight in attacking you plenty on its own."

He takes a moment to look around the party, eyes resting on Arx

"You alright, buddy?"

<A little worse for wear, but I'll be fine. Is this it, are we just giving up now?>

"Good... And yeah, if we just do as we're told, then that's it. But damnit, let us go after Pretzel!" he pleads to the Veterans. "The last time I left someone to fend for themselves under Baba's control, well, I've only heard rumors of her atrocities, but I can't let her take a fellow member of Heroica! Let us go back after him. These elves might as well be harboring that witch. I won't go back through that portal of my own will, that's for sure!"

He firmly stands his ground, with Arx getting to his feet by Thormanil's side.

"Murderers?!" Thormanil roars at the elf, "I should kill you where you stand!" Recognizing the harsh gaze of the Heroica veterans falling upon him, he regains his composure. "Which... I guess would just bring truth to your accusation. Listen, you ungrateful brick, we saved your love. And you for that matter! You could argue all you want that if we hadn't been there, the dragon wouldn't have attacked--it seemed to delight in attacking you plenty on its own."

Zaniah glared at the dragoon, but suddenly turned away, coiling with pain.

heroicaquest135-starelvenknight.jpg

"Milady? Are you alright?"

"Don't patronize me! I will be fine when my Syrma gets a proper burial." Zaniah walked to a second, smaller cart that contained a small bundle covered in fine silks, and touched the fabric gently. The bundle looked almost too small to possibly contain an adult elf.

Zaniah turned back and tossed a little bag in front of Nerwen.

"Before you go, I believe these belong to you. I may be a heartbroken fool, but a thief I'm not." Nerwen received her lost gems back.

"Good... And yeah, if we just do as we're told, then that's it. But damnit, let us go after Pretzel!" he pleads to the Veterans. "The last time I left someone to fend for themselves under Baba's control, well, I've only heard rumors of her atrocities, but I can't let her take a fellow member of Heroica! Let us go back after him. These elves might as well be harboring that witch. I won't go back through that portal of my own will, that's for sure!"

The Sand Queen closed her eyes and rubbed her temples.

heroicanpc-sandqueen.jpg

"If you want to go after the Monk, then the portal back to the Hall is the way to go. I just had a vision of him being down in the sewers with Baba and Ulric, only the two were arguing. How curious..."

"But you still haven't explained to us what happened in the labyrinth? You were lucky that these elves were chasing after you and found you all half-dead down there. Only Monk Pretzel was nowhere to be found."

7928526094_0c2174ef6b_t.jpg

"Lucky? That's a joke! This loathsome knight all but spat in our faces when she abandoned us to our tomb. All I know is that her dearly beloved led us to some ancient ruins where this pitiful rock monster slept. Johon and the monk took the first watch, so you'd have to ask the former if he saw anything... but I was awoken to the chime of battle sounds. We overcame that threat, only to have it collapse a sinkhole beneath us and drop us into some catacombs where we met the reanimated skeleton of what could only have been a true giant, and that's when Pretzel revealed his true colors!. Or, well, something happened. A green blob slunk out of him and engulfed his head. He clearly wasn't under his own control, another of that damned witch's tricks! For as powerful as she thinks herself, she has to resort to pathetic underlings and underhanded tricks to beat us!"

He turns to Johon, with a glint of hope in his eyes

"Johon, what does your Magic Compass say? I came here to hunt that damned witch... will we truly find her through that portal, or are they just trying to corral us back into the freeport?"