KirTech LAB

[MOC] Feller-Buncher with Instructions

Just wondering if anyone else has decided to try building this or if I am the only one.

Thanks to both of you for creating this work, I accept the challenge to build it - I shall use SBricks and create an intuitive iPad interface.

This shall be my autumn project & will be ready for the Sydney Brick Show (Australia) in April '16.

OMR

Finally, all parts are present. It took a long time to get all parts. All the way from Mussel the last two parts arrived today. So let's build!

Oh my... that pile of PF stuff *huh* Is this all needed to build the MOC?

I am guessing no because of the NXT-EV3 wires in the pile.

yep, there are needed. there are not NXT-EV3 wires inside that box, i think JJ2 see something else for a NXT-EV3 wire.. or i don't know better. I don't have any of that stuff....

TBB

ps. 12376185_10153510919067933_7076640600399475562_n.jpg?oh=f7aecd6f71a072a99f15646adbe4829c&oe=570662B6

@Tall Boy Bram

Yeah your right, when looking at it now they are power functions wires not EV3 or NXT, my bad :blush:

Anyway great progress! There is no way I could have done all of that so quickly

Edited by JJ2

thanks desert752 for the awesome MOC and Blakbird for the fantastic plans. I will build this with Sbrick and post pictures as I build. I think I need a few green panels

Wow I'm really impressed that you are constructing this model! I've disassembled my own version and it's an inexpressible feeling to see how my MOC appears in different points of our planet :)

thanks desert752 for the awesome MOC and Blakbird for the fantastic plans. I will build this with Sbrick and post pictures as I build. I think I need a few green panels

If you'll do it - you'll complete my dream about this model! Please show the result with S-brick and a control profile. It's very interesting for me!

It might take a month or two before I start because I have a few projects I have to finish first!! Such as Terex RH400 with Sbrick and Jurgen"s Manitou telehandler and the Grove 6400(pretty awesome). I'm running out of space to build!!!

It might take a month or two before I start because I have a few projects I have to finish first!! Such as Terex RH400 with Sbrick and Jurgen"s Manitou telehandler and the Grove 6400(pretty awesome). I'm running out of space to build!!!

Those are some huge models! Sounds like you have your hands full with projects.

Is it needed to use the old type of tracks? I haven't much of them, and they're not cheap price. But I think it needs a huge modification of the base....

Greetings

Alex

Is it needed to use the old type of tracks? I haven't much of them, and they're not cheap price. But I think it needs a huge modification of the base....

Yes, you have to uses the old tracks. Not only are the turntables used as sprockets, they are also driven directly by 8 tooth gears. There would be no way to drive the new sprockets without a complete redesign.

Wow..... I hadn't looked at this thread for a while. Looks like Blakbird added instructions. Sweet. I love that we can collaborate and pass the original builds of some people into the hands of others. Great job everyone.....

When I connect the motors for the tower rotation, the both turned their sprockets in oppesite direction, so the tower is not moving. It's complety build the same as in the instructions. The motors should be driven in opposite direction. But when i connect the motors as it should be, they drive in same direction.

Can somebody tell me what i do wrong?

TBB

When I connect the motors for the tower rotation, the both turned their sprockets in oppesite direction, so the tower is not moving. It's complety build the same as in the instructions. The motors should be driven in opposite direction. But when i connect the motors as it should be, they drive in same direction.

Can somebody tell me what i do wrong?

TBB

One of the motors should be connected through polarity switch - so you'll reverse one of them.

It's a very complex build! Saw blade and lights are working right now. All other parts are also working, i'm only wondering why sometimes the functions of under and upper structure are working the same time what not should be as i understand the building instructions...

TBB

It's a very complex build! Saw blade and lights are working right now. All other parts are also working, i'm only wondering why sometimes the functions of under and upper structure are working the same time what not should be as i understand the building instructions...

TBB

You should switch the modes more precisely - when the first switch is On the other one should be Off. It's the reason why I want to incorporate S-brick here.

What a big machine it is! Wonderfull! Not easy to build, very complex machine! Desert752 & Blakbird: many thanks for the (free) instructions!!!

Wow! I didn't known all the possibilities of my model )))) I'm glad you've constructed it! Can I use your photos on other forums?

I have just finished the base unit and have tried regular ir and Sbrick control. The Sbrick is superior as you only need 1 battery and one Sbrick. Anyway the build continues!!