Purpearljellyblob

Heroica RPG - Quest #136: The Sorcerer's Stone

1cpWsov.png

"I have time, with left expectancy of about 1,000 years. I'd like to see what the Guardians have to say. They have to understand we are also to help them recover the Brown Nekrastone. We must also return that seal, which belongs to the Star Elves! I can understand your hesitation but don't let a old hatred keep you astray from helping your native land. Just try to be open-minded, alright?"

"How dare you master Mihnak! I am above such pettty rivlaries! Have I not made it clear already that I do not support the Fenarians aims wholly as well?" says Na'im shaking with fury "You forget that the star elves are working with the gaurdians and will not consent to release lady Bain here down whatever the circumstances. If we stand any chance of recovering the stone we shall need Bain's help, so we must act before the star elves arrive. Do not tell me I do not know the star elves master Mihnak-they are crueller than you know and will not hesistate to attack me for who I am! "

1cpWsov.png

"The Brown Nekrastone rightfully belongs to the forest, not the Fenerians or Star Elves. Perhaps we can convince the Treemaster that if the Star Elves keep the stone, they are threatening their life. It'll be hard but that seems to be the reality of this. Hopefully they understand."

"More like impossible" mutters Na'im "Not even with the red angel at your back.." Na'im trails off-he forgot that he had left his religion back in Fenario when he was forced into exile-what god would have left his race to fall to such lows? But there was always that lagging suspicion he was in denial. he shook his head. It would not do to think about it again. Just keep moving on, keeping Fenario-at his back that as his motto

Edited by Enceladus

OoC: I'd like to give you guys a heads-up that I won't have much time to post until next Saturday but if I do have time, I'll try my best to post something from my phone. And Enceladus, it's Mhinak, not Mihank, but Mhinak. :sceptic:

1cpWsov.png

"My apologies, Na'im. You have my sympathies. My kin, as dispersed as they are, have not have such luxuries as most either. Perhaps I could shed some light upon it when there is time. Anyways, no matter what choice we make, it seems like we will be targets to someone. For those who haven't decided, you should make a decision soon. I would still like to speak with the Treemaster and the Guardians. If they do not wish to come to conclusion that is beneficial to us all, then I say we get Bain down and run for the caves and make it underground. I'm getting bored here... and hungry."

"That's something like the plan. If we have the Nekrastones we can make sure they don't kill eachother."

"And no, those weren't curses." Miderun rolled her eyes a bit.

I think we might have different plans. And starts to wonder about something.

If you say so. I guess your language just sounds like curse words. But, maybe it is how you are using it.

"It seems to me that the star elves also have eyes on the nerkastone, but the treemaster and his minions do not want them to gain it, for fear of reigniting the war between the star elves and the Fenari-thus, he wants us to retireve the Nerkastone because he believes we will not use it for our own ends." says Na'im matter of factly as if it were all very obvious.

Oh, and you should watch your language master Germ-it is quite vulgar" adds Na'im wrinkling his nose as if germ's words physically repulsed him

"There are more important things out there than food master Germ." says Na'im in a knowing voice "This place is alive with magic! Why would you need food if you had the power of the Nerkastone in your hand? And what does one forest mater if you can regenerate an entire continent?"

I wonder how easy it would be to start the "civil war" back up. He said louder than he should have.

I'm a demon what do you expect out of me.

You say that now, but wait a couple of days with out food. And, we will see how your think about it then.

Would some one just make a decision already, (Miderun). It look like it is split down the middle (if I am recalling things right).

Edited by samuraiturtle

"It'd probably be best if we took them for ourselves," Kiray murmured to Miderun.

Miderun nodded.

"They're safer with us than with anyone else."

1cpWsov.png

"The Brown Nekrastone rightfully belongs to the forest, not the Fenerians or Star Elves. Perhaps we can convince the Treemaster that if the Star Elves keep the stone, they are threatening their life. It'll be hard but that seems to be the reality of this. Hopefully they understand."

"There's thousands of year of hate between them. They wouldn't hesitate to burn down one forest to get the Nekrastone. We can't leave it here."

I think we might have different plans.

"I think you ought to have thought twice before trying to be a hero." Miderun glared. "You do a poor job of it, suuln."

Edited by CallMePie

"I think you ought to have thought twice before trying to be a hero." Miderun glared. "You do a poor job of it, suuln."

:devil_laugh: You are right about that. I guess we do stupid things when we are desperate. (Like join a crazy club called "Heroica".)

And do not tell me "suuin" is not a curse word.

"There's thousands of year of hate between them. They wouldn't hesitate to burn down one forest to get the Nekrastone. We can't leave it here."

1cpWsov.png

"If we are to take the Brown Nekrastone away from Spesialia, the forest would just wither away. Sure, the conflict may stop between the Fenarians and the Star Elves but what about the forest? It's up to what you guys want to do, I just don't want to see this forest destroyed because we took the stone and cause it to die and giving Heroica a bad name." Mhinak sighs.

"We don't want your things. We want to make sure you and the Star Elves don't destroy eachother. If you can truly help us find the Nekrastone...I vote we free her."

18923192224_d4fb984a01_t.jpg

"We destroy who? Try being oppressed and discriminated for a thousand years, sounds more like we are being destroyed..."

Mhinak paces back and fourth, thinking.

"I don't know lady, I really want to help you but we know nothing about you! Just because you offer to 'share' your goods with us doesn't make you trustworthy. And if we do get you down, you do realize the Dryads and possibly the guardians will in fact engage us and possibly Star Elves?"

Bain rolls her eyes,

"I am very aware of what will happen to us all if we do not get out of here immediately and I am relieved that you are enlightened."

Mhinak thinks of something.

"Inki, look, you and I both know the forest needs the Brown Nekrastone. The Fenarian, Bain, knows where it is. Perhaps we can work something out? I'm thinking that we let her down, constrict her so she can only walk with webs or vines, and she leads us to that stone. If she's lying, then let the Guardians deal with her. Either way, we're the winners in that situation. I know you don't want her to be released but it's a sacrifice that may need to be taken."

Inki shakes its head,

18842140903_a1fdbece41_t.jpg

<No letting pale skin down! I will leave it to the Guardians if I were you!>

<Na'im Thamir at your service. And fear ont I have a paln Lady Bain> Na'im says in fenarian, holding up the Badge of the smokemaster so she can see it

Na'im "I agre with Lady Miderun-If anyone here thinks the star elves wil take kindly to another fenarian in there midst then they are mistaken! I tell you. I shall be strung up and tortured just like Lady Bain here, which I'd rather avoid, If I am to be quite honest. Please, let us just get Bain down and begone!" " Na'im says nervously, glancing at Miderun for conformation

"It seems to me that the star elves also have eyes on the nerkastone, but the treemaster and his minions do not want them to gain it, for fear of reigniting the war between the star elves and the Fenari-thus, he wants us to retireve the Nerkastone because he believes we will not use it for our own ends." says Na'im matter of factly as if it were all very obvious

"There is no time master Mihank. If the gaurdians and the star elves get here, and we still wish to free Bain, who is to say shall be able to fight them off and still escape." says Na'im sadly shaking his head "It is as they say now or never-the time has come to choose whether you shall stand together with your friends and alies from heroica, or with a group of hostlie elves you know nothing of Maser Mihnak!"

"How dare you master Mihnak! I am above such pettty rivlaries! Have I not made it clear already that I do not support the Fenarians aims wholly as well?" sasy Na'im shaking with fury "You forget that the star elves are working with the gaurdians and will not consent to release lady Bain here down whatever the circumstances. If we stand any chgance of recovering the stone we shall ned Bain's help, so we must act before the star elves arrive. Do not tell me I do not know the star elves master Mihnak-they are crueller than you know and will not hesistate to attack me for who I am! "

"Heroica..." Bain laughs haughtily, "How about the group of you take heed from Master Naîm? His words are the wisest I have heard thus far. He has even got Heroica on our side." Turning to Naîm, "Lord Fenari will be pleased with your achievements Master Naîm,"

Mhinak listens to the ocean crashing against the shore.

"Inki, by any chance are there any Merfolk in these parts that could breath underwater for long periods of time who could help look for our lost friend? His name is Toren and he was abducted by some Mermaids when our ship was attacked by a band of other Merfolk. He could also help us out on saving this forest. I'm not sure about everyone else but I would like to meet the Guardians and the Treemaster. Perhaps you could take me to meet with them?"

<Sorry I do not know any Merfolk! And I do not think anyone in this forest does. Perhaps the Guardians! You can try! Anyway, it is late now, you can come with me!>

Mhinak follows Inki to meet the Guardians, Miderun and Naîm decide to save Bain, leaving the rest of the party undecided.

18611266988_9220e00d03_o.jpg

"Great way to distract the Guardians as we save Naîm's friend. I will follow you, Miderun."

As the trio approaches Bain, the eyes of the Dryads begin to glow into an eerie red and the shrubs behind begin to rustle restlessly. A giant mutated spider crawls through the branches and one of the flower pods nearby turns out to be a grossly mutated plant trap. Miderun, Naîm and Elnath are outnumbered, however the withdrawal effects of the Brown Nekrastone had their foes significantly weakened.

18611266988_9220e00d03_o.jpg

"The rest of you, we have a pest situation here!" Calls out Elnath, to the rest of the party.

19011032264_b59fc76e12_z.jpg

PREPARE FOR BATTLE!

Enemies:

19445636500_280521edf1_t.jpgMutated Aracniredbak *Weakened*

Type: Vermin/Humanoid

Level: ??

Health: 150/150

Special: Arachnophobia! - Causes the afraid-effect, which makes the target flee to the back row in terror and stay there until the effect is remedied or the battle is over.

Passive Special - Toxic! - At the end of each round, Mutated Aracniredbak deals Poison +1 to one random Hero.

Drops: 2 Noxious Venom

Note: Enemy level equals to Hero’s level x2

19638060451_f4e780717f_t.jpgMutated Venistrap *Weakened*

Type: Plant

Level: 25

Special I: Huff and Puff! – Releases a powdery mist, causes Lucky effect to itself next round.

Special II: Indigestion! – Releases an acid based mist at the target, causes Blind effect to target for 3 rounds.

Drops: 2 Pixie Dust, Emerald

19012685653_ff3635cc1e_t.jpgMutated Summer Dryad *Weakened*

*Immune to Fire, Wood*

Type: Plant/Humanoid

Level: 15

Health: 50/50

Special: Poison Ivy! – Causes the Bound and Poisoned +1 effects to the target.

Drops: Ruby

19626597082_eb4efd738b_t.jpgMutated Winter Dryad *Weakened*

​*Immune to Ice, Wood*

​Type: Plant/Humanoid

Drops: Opal

19626594722_a5fd395dc5_t.jpgMutated Spring Dryad *Weakened*

*​Immune to Wind, Wood*

Drops: Sapphire

19607450826_3d9a642ec7_t.jpgMutated Autumn Dryad *Weakened*

​*Immune to Dark, Wood*

Special: Poison Ivy! – Causes the bound and poisoned +1 effects to the target.

Drops: Amethyst

Party Saving Bain:

16973023702_2bf89fff4d_o.png Miderun (CallMePie), The Woman Who Killed Sean Cole *Party Leader*

18 year old Female Orc Barbarian

Level 13.5 *Attacks cause Enamored*

Power: 26 (13+13)

Power Bonus: 6 (3 in back row)

Defense: 0

Health: 20/20 (8+12)

Gold: 388

Equipment: Oculoid Claw (WP: 13, 1/6 chance of dealing the infected-effect, causing an enemy to lose health equal to 1/3 of their level rounded down at the end of each round, club), Seductive Perfume (Holder deals the enamored-effect, accessory, suitable for women), Lesser Orc Gauntlets: +6 power on the front row, +3 on the back, handwear, suitable only to orcs)

Inventory: Bonaparte Cutlass (WP: 9, doubled if the user has reputation among the Bonapartes), Club(WP:5, Club), Serstyral (WP: 3, axe), War Axe (WP: 9, suitable for suitable for barbarians, alchemists, beast warriors, infiltrators, regulators and winged warriors.), Lucustoid Axe (WP: 3), Wicked Javelin (WP: 7, 1/6 chance of dealing the slowed-effect, throwing weapon), Tricorne (SP: 3, headwear, suitable for anyone), Opal, Phoenix Essence, 4x Potions, Remedy, Grand Potion, Smoke Bomb, High Heels (Power +1; suitable for women.), 7 Venoms, Loincloth of the Ancient (SP: 3, Absorbs Earth, footwear), Mermaid Scale (Increase SP by 1 for the duration of one battle; consumable)

dscn0652.jpgNa'im Thamir (Enceladus)

2,314 year old Male Fenarian Cleric

Level 5

Power: 8 (5+3)

Health: 13/13 (9+4)

Ether: 14/14 (5+4+5)

Gold: 15

Equipment: Lucerna Beautus (WP: 3, Staff), Badge of the Smokemaster (Max. Ether +5; User can spend 5 ether in each battle to make the whole party flee; suitable to classes with ether; accessory)

Inventory: Scroll of Sealing (Enables casting the sealed-effect to the target, making them unable to use a special skill for the next three rounds. Each casting has a 50/50 chance of success and costs 1 ether.), Potion, Remedy, Smoke Bomb, 2 Phoenix Essence, Bedroll, 2 Bone, 4 Tonic, Shovel, Scroll of Blindness (Enables casting the blinded-effect to the target, making them unable to use a physical attack for the next three rounds. Each casting has a 50/50 chance of success and costs 1 ether), Tako Sushi (Restores 10 health; consumable)

18611266988_9220e00d03_o.jpgElnath Van Cleef, The Prospector *Takes suggestions from party*

99 years old male Human Sorcerer

Level 20.3 *Doubles the amount of gold stolen*

Power: 30 (20+10)

Defence: 5

Health: 30/30 (7+19+4)

Ether: 18/20 (+20)

Gold: 1000

Equipment: Golden Staff (WP: 10; staff), Cloak of the Silk Road (SP:5, doubles the amount of gold stolen, backwear)

Inventory: Shadir Oswain's Noble Seal (Quest item), Nekrastone (Blue variant, Quest item), 2 Phoenix essence, 2 Grand tonic, 2 Grand potion, Telescope, Magnifying glass, Scroll of Arc Blindness, Scroll of Confusion

Party Leader, please determine Battle Order. Everyone else, please choose an action!

Party Still Undecided:

kiray_cu.jpgKiray Nastayo (KingoftheZempk), A Hero Who Is Actually Worth Something

24 year old Female Human Black Knight

Level 16.5 *Immune to Blinded, Doomed, Blessed, Light, Darkness* *Deals Bleeding +2, Double damage to Holy and Demonic Foes*

Power Bonus: 6

Defense: 29

Health: 34/34 (10+15+9)

Gold: 207

Equipment: Smith’s Katana (WP:10, Darkness elemental, Deals Bleeding +2), Never Blessed Helmet (SP: 8, Immunity to Blinded, Doomed and Blessed, Wearer deals double damage to Holy Enemies, suitable to Knights, Barbarians, Regulators, and Skirmishers), Orcish Barbed Shield (SP: 11), Never Blessed Armor (SP: 10, Immune to Darkness, Light, and Blessed, Wearer deals double damage to Demons, suitable to Knights, Barbarians, Regulators, and Skirmishers),

Inventory:

Weapons and Shields: Sanctified Rito Longsword (WP:6, doubled against Flying enemies; longsword), Sword of Fire and Light (WP: 7, Fire-Light Elemental, Greatsword, Two Fanged Orcish Shield (SP: 7, Immune to Darkness, Shield Bash Replaces Meditate)

Artifacts: Flameproof Armor (SP:1, no longer flameproof; bodywear, suitable for anyone), Snug Armor (SP: 5, Cannot be De-Equipped, Suitable to all classes that use shields, body wear), Fishy Scale Mail (SP: 6, wearer absorbs water-elemental damage as health, immune to Fire; suitable for knights, dragoons, skirmishers, and regulators, body wear)

Gems: Diamond

Consumables: 3 Potion, Banana (Restores full health when eaten), Nostrum, Ambrosia, Mead, Smelling Salts, Mediocre Pongcanis Brew (Encouraged + Enraged), Smoke Bomb, 2 Bone, Soma, Ambrosia, Mead, Everlasting Venom (Adds the poisoned by 10-effect to one weapon permanently), Dragon Scale, 3 Fire Bomb, 4 Venom, Tako Sushi (Restores 10 health; consumable)

Tools: Bedroll, Shovel

shadow_demon_square_picture.jpgThe Demon Germ (Samuraiturtle)

??? years old Male Half Demon Rogue

Level 9 *Immune to Darkness*

Power: 14 (9+5)

Defense: 1

Health: 15/15 (7+8)

Ether: 0

Gold: 128

Equipped: Sanctified Rito Gypsy Dart (WP:5, doubled against Flying enemies; throwing weapon), Shadow Cloak (SP:1, immune to Darkness; backwear, suitable for anyone)

Inventory:

Weapons: Wrench (WP:3, decreases the target’s level by 1; throwing weapon), Throwing Knife (WP:3), Shuriken (WP:5)

Gear / Armor: Red Shield (SP: 8)

Gems / Scrolls: -

Consumables: 2 Potion, Level-Up Mushroom, Phoenix Essence, Floral Bomb, Bone, Deadly Venom, 3 Remedy, Mermaid Scale (Increase SP by 1 for the duration of one battle; consumable), Venom

Tools: Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Magnifying Glass

Others: Gold Ring (worth 15 gold, or can be given to someone else to make them Enamored with the giver)

Decmon Cards: Will-o'-Wisp (Fiery 1) ; Carrion Squirrel (Dark 1) ; Glow Worm (Luminous 1)

IMG_2143_zpsb53ff806.jpgBobby "Young" Bucks Jr. (Zepher)

19 year old Male Human Rogue

Level 11 *Immune to cursed**Attacks cause Enamored*

Power: 21 (11+10)

Defense: 3

Health: 18/18 (10+7+1*)

Gold: 339

Equipment: Hue and Saturation whip (WP:10; causes Enamored), Nondescript Cape (SP: 3; protects from Cursed effect; suitable for rogues; backwear)

Inventory: Nice Boots (SP: 1, Footwear: Immune to Earth and Darkness, Fine-tuned Flute (WP:15, user is nimble; instrument), Dagger (WP:5, Dagger), Throwing Knife (WP: 3), Mugger's Mask (Head-wear, wearer cannot have gold stolen from them), Swift Boots, Raw Horsehide, 4x Potion, 2x Grand Potion, Grand Tonic, Health Core, 2x Remedy, Phoenix Essence, Mead, Shovel, Pickaxe, Tako Sushi Plate (Restores 10 health to each member of the party)

---

Meanwhile, as Inki leads Mhinak deep into the forest, the flora and fauna appears starkly different from the vegetation near the coast. There is more greenery and vegetation are less colourful. As the duo comes to a halt just outside a small clearing in the forest, Mhinak notices four enormous beings gathered around, deep in conversation. Inki approaches and lowers its head,

<Inki, the Panther Warrior, requests to speak with the Guardians.>

19011034644_aa86d09453_z.jpg

Of the four that turn around, only the Treant responds to Inki,

19638067961_a83f5fcf33_t.jpg

"SPEAK. WHAT IS IT THAT YOU SEEK, LITTLE ONE." A loud and deep voice resonates through the ground.

Inki raises its head, still gazing at the ground,

<Guardians of the Krimwood Forest, I have brought forth, Mhinak, an ally from beyond, who has kindly offered assistance to retrieve the lost Nekrastone. He also wishes to return... borrow... release... something... rroarw...> Shivering in fear, Inki turns its head at Mhinak, speaking at a low voice, <I forgot why are you here in the first place...>

The treant roars,

"THE PATH THAT YOU SEEK WILL NOT UNRAVEL UNLESS YOU SPEAK WITH CONVICTION."

What will Mhinak do?

Party With The Guardians:

1cpWsov.pngMhinak (Goliath)

40 Year Old Male Dwarf Ranger

Level 5

Power: 13 (5+8)

Health: 10/10 (6+4)

Gold: 255

Equipment: Red Handcannon (WP: 8)

Inventory: Wooden Hand Cannon (WP: 3), Potion, Smoke Bomb, Phoenix Essence, Bone, Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, and Telescope [Left Eye], Merman Stylish Gel (Deals Enamoured effect to female gender; consumable)

Edited by Purpearljellyblob

Mhinak looks up at the Treant and responds and takes a knee.

1cpWsov.png

"I wish to help you recover the Brown Nekrastone that will help restore this forest. Me and my friends originally came here to Spesialia to return a lost item to someone. I do not mean any hear and would like to help you all. I have never been here but I have an understanding that the Brown Nekrastone was stolen. The captured Fenarian, Bain, has revealed that she knows where it can be found. I do not know if I could believe her. Both Inki and the Fenarian have spoken about some Were-Snakes stealing the Nekrastone. Bain could be of use. When we do find the Brown Nekrastone, it will be my duty to bring it back here."

Kiray joins Elnath and Miderun in the fight. She attacks Mutated Venistrap from the front. "I have this one," the black knight shouts. "I can't be blinded so I have the best chance against this creature."

OOC: Kiray equipped her sharp tip to the katana in post 179 which adds to 2 bleeding to the sword permanently.

OOC: :wall: So sorry Goliath-I'll do my best not to make that mistake again!

"Heroica..." Bain laughs haughtily, "How about the group of you take heed from Master Naîm? His words are the wisest I have heard thus far. He has even got Heroica on our side." Turning to Naîm, "Lord Fenari will be pleased with your achievements Master Naîm,"

"As he should be" says Na'im in a measured voice, deciding not to voice his own misgivings on his ex-ruler "I don't suppose you have any tips that could help us out here lady Bain?" Na'im shouts out, as the enmies beign to cicle him and the other heroes

"Miderun if you could hand over your Opal to master Van Cleef here, I believe we can make short work of these foes. But to do that, we need the help of the others" Na'im speaks to the party at large "this is not the time to voice your misgvings about our aims-this is a mater of life and death! Stand and fight with us!" Na'im cries, holding the Lucerna beatus aloft and charging Mutated Aracniredbak from the back row

I'm a demon what do you expect out of me.

You say that now, but wait a couple of days with out food. And, we will see how your think about it then.

"Being a demon is no bar to having a civil tounge master Germ-have you never heard the legends of the Archdemon Ahriman who use his silken tounge to whisper in the ears of men, through gaps in the fabric of spacetime, in days gone by, making them commit unspeakable acts in the name of envy?" Na'im says incredously

Na'im opens his mouth to say something definant back at germ but thinks again and glances down at his stomach, which gave a unpleasent rumble he quite liked his food after all, and was hardly used to not having three comfortable meals a day

"Now here lies the loot I speak of master germ" shouts Na'im excitedly pionting at the gemstones carried by the dryads "Here lies the true power of the forest master germ, not in flowers or tree boughs! Oh, but of course if you don;t want any loot, we don't have to give any to you I suppose..." ays Na'im mischeviously

Kiray joins Elnath and Miderun in the fight. She attacks Mutated Venistrap from the front. "I have this one," the black knight shouts. "I can't be blinded so I have the best chance against this creature."

"Nice to have you joinig us lady Nayasto!" says Na'im over the sounds of battle

OOC: But what about me! :cry_sad:

Edited by Enceladus

Bobby watches anxiously as Mhinak leaves. He frowns. "Yo, I wish everyone would just chill. But it doesn't sit right with me leaving a dude hanging." Bobby joins Miderun.

"Being a demon is no bar to having a civil tounge master Germ-have you never heard the legends of the Archdemon Ahriman who use his silken tounge to whisper in the ears of men, through gaps in the fabric of spacetime, in days gone by, making them commit unspeakable acts in the name of envy?" Na'im says incredously

No, but I have meet one calling herself "Rosier the Seducer". And she lives in a forest in Dastan. I bet she could help this forest, no that is a long shot and besides "Rundown" over their will not let me. I kind think it is funny that she wants to kick my @$$ over some random talking. And I have not done any thing yet.

Aaa the hell with it is better than standing here doing nothing. Wonder if he has time to use the "Mermaid Scale" before he joins the fight (with Miderun).

Edited by samuraiturtle

Miderun glares at Mhinak as he runs off, but turns her attention to the dryads. They remind her eerily of the spirits that the Wolfgang sorceress had summoned in Eubric all those months ago...

She swung at the Mutated Venistrap from the back row.

Elnath uses his Scroll of Arc Blindness from the back row.

Battle Order

Elmath

Miderun

Na'im

Round 1 of Encounter with Woodland Critters!:

>Elnath - Scroll of Arc Blindness (Unsuccessful, -6 ether)

>Miderun vs Mutated Venistrap - Damage (Miderun: 20 - (25dmg/2)/2 = 13 health)

>Naîm vs Mutated Aracniredbak - Miss

Free Hits

Mutated Summer Dryad, Mutated Autumn Dryad vs Elnath (Elnath: 30+5 - (15/2 + 15/2=15dmg)/2 = 27 health)

Mutated Winter Dryad vs Miderun (Miderun: 13 - (15/2=8dmg)/2 = 9 health)

Mutated Spring Dryad vs Naîm (Naîm: 13 - (15/2=8dmg)/2 = 9 health)

Toxic! - Naîm Poisoned 1

Kiray and Bobby join the battle.

Luck is not on the trio's side as the enemies lunge forward. Pulling out that very scroll that sets his course back onto this land, Elnath fails to activate the scroll. The mutated plant takes a bite of Miderun's arm; Naîm fails to connect his swing and that leaves him open for the Mutated Aracniredbak to plunge its claws laden with poison into the Fenarian's thigh. The Dryads each take their turn and give the party a good beating. Can the Heroes turn it around with more reinforcements?

Enemies:

19445636500_280521edf1_t.jpgMutated Aracniredbak *Weakened*

Special: Arachnophobia! - Causes the afraid-effect, which makes the target flee to the back row in terror and stay there until the effect is remedied or the battle is over.

Passive Special - Toxic! - At the end of each round, Mutated Aracniredbak deals Poison +1 to one random Hero.

19638060451_f4e780717f_t.jpgMutated Venistrap *Weakened*

Health: 122/150

Special I: Huff and Puff! – Releases a powdery mist, causes Lucky effect to itself next round.

Special II: Indigestion! – Releases an acid based mist at the target, causes Blind effect to target for 3 rounds.

19012685653_ff3635cc1e_t.jpgMutated Summer Dryad *Weakened*

*Immune to Fire, Wood*

19626597082_eb4efd738b_t.jpgMutated Winter Dryad *Weakened*

​*Immune to Ice, Wood*

19626594722_a5fd395dc5_t.jpgMutated Spring Dryad *Weakened*

*​Immune to Wind, Wood*

19607450826_3d9a642ec7_t.jpgMutated Autumn Dryad *Weakened*

​*Immune to Dark, Wood*

Party Saving Bain:

16973023702_2bf89fff4d_o.png Miderun (CallMePie), The Woman Who Killed Sean Cole *Party Leader*

Level 13.5 *Attacks cause Enamored*

Health: 9/20 (8+12)

Equipment: Oculoid Claw (WP: 13, 1/6 chance of dealing the infected-effect, causing an enemy to lose health equal to 1/3 of their level rounded down at the end of each round, club), Seductive Perfume (Holder deals the enamored-effect, accessory, suitable for women), Lesser Orc Gauntlets: +6 power on the front row, +3 on the back, handwear, suitable only to orcs)

Inventory: Bonaparte Cutlass (WP: 9, doubled if the user has reputation among the Bonapartes), Club(WP:5, Club), Serstyral (WP: 3, axe), War Axe (WP: 9, suitable for suitable for barbarians, alchemists, beast warriors, infiltrators, regulators and winged warriors.), Lucustoid Axe (WP: 3), Wicked Javelin (WP: 7, 1/6 chance of dealing the slowed-effect, throwing weapon), Tricorne (SP: 3, headwear, suitable for anyone), Opal, Phoenix Essence, 4x Potions, Remedy, Grand Potion, Smoke Bomb, High Heels (Power +1; suitable for women.), 7 Venoms, Loincloth of the Ancient (SP: 3, Absorbs Earth, footwear), Mermaid Scale (Increase SP by 1 for the duration of one battle; consumable)

Level 5 *Poisoned 1*

Health: 8/13 (9+4)

Equipment: Lucerna Beautus (WP: 3, Staff), Badge of the Smokemaster (Max. Ether +5; User can spend 5 ether in each battle to make the whole party flee; suitable to classes with ether; accessory)

Inventory: Scroll of Sealing (Enables casting the sealed-effect to the target, making them unable to use a special skill for the next three rounds. Each casting has a 50/50 chance of success and costs 1 ether.), Potion, Remedy, Smoke Bomb, 2 Phoenix Essence, Bedroll, 2 Bone, 4 Tonic, Shovel, Scroll of Blindness (Enables casting the blinded-effect to the target, making them unable to use a physical attack for the next three rounds. Each casting has a 50/50 chance of success and costs 1 ether), Tako Sushi (Restores 10 health; consumable)

kiray_cu.jpgKiray Nastayo (KingoftheZempk), A Hero Who Is Actually Worth Something

Level 16.5 *Immune to Blinded, Doomed, Blessed, Light, Darkness* *Deals Bleeding +2, Double damage to Holy and Demonic Foes*

Equipment: Smith’s Katana (WP:10, Darkness elemental, Deals Bleeding +2), Never Blessed Helmet (SP: 8, Immunity to Blinded, Doomed and Blessed, Wearer deals double damage to Holy Enemies, suitable to Knights, Barbarians, Regulators, and Skirmishers), Orcish Barbed Shield (SP: 11), Never Blessed Armor (SP: 10, Immune to Darkness, Light, and Blessed, Wearer deals double damage to Demons, suitable to Knights, Barbarians, Regulators, and Skirmishers),

Inventory:

Weapons and Shields: Sanctified Rito Longsword (WP:6, doubled against Flying enemies; longsword), Sword of Fire and Light (WP: 7, Fire-Light Elemental, Greatsword, Two Fanged Orcish Shield (SP: 7, Immune to Darkness, Shield Bash Replaces Meditate)

Artifacts: Flameproof Armor (SP:1, no longer flameproof; bodywear, suitable for anyone), Snug Armor (SP: 5, Cannot be De-Equipped, Suitable to all classes that use shields, body wear), Fishy Scale Mail (SP: 6, wearer absorbs water-elemental damage as health, immune to Fire; suitable for knights, dragoons, skirmishers, and regulators, body wear)

Consumables: 3 Potion, Banana (Restores full health when eaten), Nostrum, Ambrosia, Mead, Smelling Salts, Mediocre Pongcanis Brew (Encouraged + Enraged), Smoke Bomb, 2 Bone, Soma, Ambrosia, Mead, Everlasting Venom (Adds the poisoned by 10-effect to one weapon permanently), Dragon Scale, 3 Fire Bomb, 4 Venom, Tako Sushi (Restores 10 health; consumable)

Equipment: Hue and Saturation whip (WP:10; causes Enamored), Nondescript Cape (SP: 3; protects from Cursed effect; suitable for rogues; backwear)

Inventory: Nice Boots (SP: 1, Footwear: Immune to Earth and Darkness, Fine-tuned Flute (WP:15, user is nimble; instrument), Dagger (WP:5, Dagger), Throwing Knife (WP: 3), Mugger's Mask (Head-wear, wearer cannot have gold stolen from them), Swift Boots, Raw Horsehide, 4x Potion, 2x Grand Potion, Grand Tonic, Health Core, 2x Remedy, Phoenix Essence, Mead, Shovel, Pickaxe, Tako Sushi Plate (Restores 10 health to each member of the party)

18611266988_9220e00d03_o.jpgElnath Van Cleef, The Prospector *Takes suggestions from party*

Health: 27/30 (7+19+4)

Ether: 12/20 (+20)

Equipment: Golden Staff (WP: 10; staff), Cloak of the Silk Road (SP:5, doubles the amount of gold stolen, backwear)

Inventory: Shadir Oswain's Noble Seal (Quest item), Nekrastone (Blue variant, Quest item), 2 Phoenix essence, 2 Grand tonic, 2 Grand potion, Telescope, Magnifying glass, Scroll of Arc Blindness, Scroll of Confusion

Party Leader, please determine Battle Order. Everyone else, please choose an action!

to use the "Mermaid Scale" before he joins the fight (with Miderun).

Since the battle has already begun, Germ can only perform one action, unless hastened.

Germ watches his compatriots rush forward as he patches his body with scales.

Party Still Undecided:

Defense: 1 2

Equipped: Sanctified Rito Gypsy Dart (WP:5, doubled against Flying enemies; throwing weapon), Shadow Cloak (SP:1, immune to Darkness; backwear, suitable for anyone)

Inventory:

Weapons: Wrench (WP:3, decreases the target’s level by 1; throwing weapon), Throwing Knife (WP:3), Shuriken (WP:5)

Consumables: 2 Potion, Level-Up Mushroom, Phoenix Essence, Floral Bomb, Bone, Deadly Venom, 3 Remedy, Venom

Others: Gold Ring (worth 15 gold, or can be given to someone else to make them Enamored with the giver)

Decmon Cards: Will-o'-Wisp (Fiery 1) ; Carrion Squirrel (Dark 1) ; Glow Worm (Luminous 1)

---

Meanwhile, not far away into the forest...

Mhinak looks up at the Treant and responds and takes a knee.

"I wish to help you recover the Brown Nekrastone that will help restore this forest. Me and my friends originally came here to Spesialia to return a lost item to someone. I do not mean any hear and would like to help you all. I have never been here but I have an understanding that the Brown Nekrastone was stolen. The captured Fenarian, Bain, has revealed that she knows where it can be found. I do not know if I could believe her. Both Inki and the Fenarian have spoken about some Were-Snakes stealing the Nekrastone. Bain could be of use. When we do find the Brown Nekrastone, it will be my duty to bring it back here."

The Centaur raises his great sword at Mhinak.

19626607382_a1518b8435_t.jpg

"Mind your words, Pirate, for I, Marx The Ravager, do not take kindly from those who set their eyes on the Nekrastone."

“WORDS MEAN NOTHING UNLESS YOU CAN PROVE YOUR WORTH, DWARF."

"We do not need assistance from pirates like yourself. We are tracking down the Nekrastone as we speak. Why would this assassin from underground be lurking around these parts if not for espionage purposes?"

“I FEAR FOR THE WORST, MARX. STAR ELF GENERAL LATTE OSWAIN HAS BEEN DULY INFORMED OF THE THEFT AND CAPTURE OF THE FENARIAN. SHE WILL BE DEALT WITH ACCORDINGLY.”

19638068951_acbe5af51c_m.jpg

"Big words for a dwarf from beyond. Tell me, Maiora The Maiden, your true intentions of setting foot on this land and the allegiance of you and your allies." Multiple wooden tendrils emerge from the ground, swaying around Mhinak's knees and ankles.

<What have you done, Mhinak? Didn’t I tell you to leave the Fenarian to the Guardians? Say sorry before Zeulord The Treemaster, Marx The Ravager, Maiora The Maiden and Root The Woodwose gets angry!> Inki faces the Guardians and lowers its head, <My apologies Guardians, our friend Mhinak has kind intentions to aid in recovering the lost Nekrastone, he isn’t friends with pale skins!>

Level 5

Equipment: Red Handcannon (WP: 8)

Inventory: Wooden Hand Cannon (WP: 3), Potion, Smoke Bomb, Phoenix Essence, Bone, Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, and Telescope [Left Eye], Merman Stylish Gel (Deals Enamoured effect to female gender; consumable)

"I am very sorry, Marx, Zeulord, and Maiora, I am very sorry. You have me misunderstood, I am no pirate and neither are my friends. We came here to return some sort of artifact that Elnath spoke of and..." Mhinak gulps. "...A Blue Nekrastone. We do not seek the power of those stones. We came all the way from Heroica to return it. We were attacked by some Merfolk pirates who took our friend Toren. I would most humbled to serve the three of you. My friends are nice people with good intentions but I wasn't able to get through to them. They do no believe you all are trustworthy. After learning from Inki about this forest, I decided to help. I do not ask for much other than you are all not using me and to find Toren because he possesses the same skill as I to communicate with nature."

Kiray attacks Mutated Venistrap from the front.

Bobby attacks the Spring Dryad from the front row. "Sorry, dude!" he calls to his foe.

Na'im grunts as the mutant spider slams its tendril's into his stomach, and, struggling uneasily to his feet attempts to heal Miderun from the back row, hoping for some kind of miricale

"I am very sorry, Marx, Zeulord, and Maiora, I am very sorry. You have me misunderstood, I am no pirate and neither are my friends. We came here to return some sort of artifact that Elnath spoke of and..." Mhinak gulps. "...A Blue Nekrastone. We do not seek the power of those stones. We came all the way from Heroica to return it. We were attacked by some Merfolk pirates who took our friend Toren. I would most humbled to serve the three of you. My friends are nice people with good intentions but I wasn't able to get through to them. They do no believe you all are trustworthy. After learning from Inki about this forest, I decided to help. I do not ask for much other than you are all not using me and to find Toren because he possesses the same skill as I to communicate with nature."

All the talk between the Guardians ceased at the mention of the Heroes returning the Blue Nekrastone,

"HEROICA HAS COME TO OUR AID, ONCE AGAIN. THE TIDE HAS TURNED, GUARDIANS."

heroicafog-monster-woodwose.jpg

"The last time Heroica came to our aid, they defeated the Fenarians and sent them fleeing back down their rabbit's hole!"

"Show us the Blue Nekrastone. Master Mhinak. For I have not set my eyes on it since Star Elf traitor Shadir Oswain obsconded with the stone. After news of his death came to us, the Star Elves and us wondered its whereabouts. And I am glad that it has returned to us, by the Heroes of Heroica, once again living up to their name. Like the Brown Nekrastone, which provides the power of the earth and those who dwell around it, the Blue Nekrastone has the same effect in water. The Merfolks would gain much from the stone if they were to get their hands on it, but on land it is nothing more than a treasure. I do not know the reasons Shadir Oswain has made off with the stone, but the Star Elves had no intentions in gaining power from the Blue Nekrastone, only to protect it from those who seek to tip the delicate balance of nature."

heroicafog-monster-woodwose.jpg

"We would only harness its power for purposes of regeneration."

"THE REASON WHY I HAVE CHOSEN THESE THREE ON THE PATH OF GREAT POWER AND RESPONSIBILITY, THE PATH AS GUARDIANS OF THE BROWN NEKRASTONE."

"As for your lost friend. Toren. I hate to break it to you, but if he is captured by the Merfolks, survival chances are slim if he does not know how to swim or breathe underwater. But we will find out if anything washes up the shore. One last thing, no outsiders can enter the dome as and when they please, in fact none. I am afraid that relaying the message of Heroica's arrival is the best we can do for you. Then it is up to you and your friends to figure out how to return this artifact and the Blue Nekrastone."

"AS MUCH AS WE WANT TO BE MUCH ASSISTANCE TO YOUR CAUSE, THIS IS OUT OF OUR HANDS, MASTER MHINAK, THE GUARDIANS DO NOT DELVE INTO THE BUSINESS OF THE STAR ELVES."

"Enough of chit chat, I still cannot get over the fact that I was defeated by the female naga and her dumb minions. I take full responsibility for losing the Nekrastone. I know my men are already at it, but I seek your permisson, Zeulord, to personally retrieve what's taken from us!"

Zeulord closes his eyes for a second and reopens,

"EMOTIONS ARE YOUR STRENGTH, AS YOUR WEAKNESS. YOU DID NOT LOSE TO THE NAGA, YOU LOST TO YOURSELF. PERHAPS THIS HERO CAN AID US IN OUR CAUSE." Turning to Mhinak, "WE NEED ALL THE HELP WE CAN GET, BUT WE ALSO NEED TO SAFEGUARD OUR FOREST, OUR HOME. YOUR PREDECESSORS HAVE PROVEN THEMSELVES ONCE. NOW MASTER MHINAK, WILL YOU REPRESENT THE KRIMWOOD FOREST AND TO TRACK DOWN THE BROWN NEKRASTONE ON THE BEHALF OF THE GUARDIANS?"

Mhinak takes a knee

"I would be much honored, Zeulord. Perhaps I could bring Inki and Marx along? They know the forest better than I do. Once we rondevous with my friends, Elnath can show show you all the Blue Nekrastone. I also recommend that you all speak with the rest of my party for they believe the Fenarian woman is an ally."

I assume Miderun and Elnath repeats.

Round 2 of Encounter with Woodland Critters!:

>Elnath - Scroll of Arc Blindness (Unsuccessful, -6 ether)

>Miderun vs Mutated Venistrap - Frenzy (Mutated Venistrap: 122 - (13+13+3=29dmg)/2 = 108 health, No Infected, Mutated Summer Dryad: 50 - 29dmg/2 = 36 health, Infected, Mutated Winter Dryad: 50 - 29dmg/2 = 36 health, No Infected, Mutated Spring Dryad: 50 - 29dmg/2 = 36 health, No Infected, Mutated Autumn Dryad: 50 - 29dmg/2 = 36 health, No Infected, Mutated Aracniredbak: 150 - 29dmg/2 = 136 health)

>Naîm vs Miderun - Heal Less (Miderun: 9 + 5 = 14 health)

Kiray vs Mutated Venistrap - Deflected Damage (Kiray: 34+29 - 25dmg = 34 health, no Block)

Bobby vs Mutated Spring Dryad - Critical Hit (Mutated Spring Dryad: 36 - (10x2+11=31dmg) = 5 health, Enamored)

Free Hits

Mutated Aracniredbak vs Elnath (Elnath: 27+5 - (20x2=40dmg/2)/2 = 23 health)

Mutated Summer Dryad vs Miderun (Miderun: 14 - (15/2=8dmg)/2 = 10 health)

Mutated Winter Dryad vs Naîm (Naîm: 8 - (15/2=8dmg)/2 = 4 health)

Mutated Autumn Dryad vs Kiray (Kiray: 34+29 - (15/2=8dmg)/2 = 34 health)

Toxic!: Miderun Poisoned 1

Mutated Summer Dryad Infected, -5 health

Naîm Poisoned 1

Germ joins the battle

Elnath fails to blind his foes. Miderun's rage causes her to charge into the enemies' ranks, dealing damage to all enemies, and infecting the Summer Dryad. Naîm patches up Miderun and the Mutated spider takes the opportunity to exact its revenge on Miderun, stabbing its poisoned claws into her foot. Kiray manages to fend off the trap while Bobby manages to swing in a whip at the Spring Dryad. The enemies continue to press on as Germ joins the battle.

Enemies:

19445636500_280521edf1_t.jpgMutated Aracniredbak *Weakened**Enamored with Miderun 3 rounds*

Health: 136/150

19638060451_f4e780717f_t.jpgMutated Venistrap *Weakened**Enamored with Miderun 3 rounds*

Health: 108/150

19012685653_ff3635cc1e_t.jpgMutated Summer Dryad *Weakened**Infected**Enamored with Miderun 3 rounds*

*Immune to Fire, Wood*

Health: 31/50

19626597082_eb4efd738b_t.jpgMutated Winter Dryad *Weakened**Enamored with Miderun 3 rounds*

​*Immune to Ice, Wood*

Health: 36/50

19626594722_a5fd395dc5_t.jpgMutated Spring Dryad *Weakened**Enamored with Bobby 3 rounds**Enamored with Miderun 3 rounds*

*​Immune to Wind, Wood*

Health: 5/50

19607450826_3d9a642ec7_t.jpgMutated Autumn Dryad *Weakened**Enamored with Miderun 3 rounds*

​*Immune to Dark, Wood*

Health: 36/50

Party Saving Bain:

Level 13.5 *Attacks cause Enamored**Poisoned 1*

Health: 9/20 (8+12)

Level 5 *Poisoned 1*

Health: 3/13 (9+4)

Inventory:

Defense: 1 2

Inventory:

Consumables: 2 Potion, Level-Up Mushroom, Phoenix Essence, Floral Bomb, Bone, Deadly Venom, 3 Remedy, Venom

Health: 23/30 (7+19+4)

Ether: 6/20 (+20)

---

Mhinak takes a knee

"I would be much honored, Zeulord. Perhaps I could bring Inki and Marx along? They know the forest better than I do. Once we rondevous with my friends, Elnath can show show you all the Blue Nekrastone. I also recommend that you all speak with the rest of my party for they believe the Fenarian woman is an ally."

"THE FOREST IS VULNERABLE WITHOUT THE BROWN NEKRASTONE, THE GUARDIANS NEED TO BE HERE TO SAFEGUARD IT FROM FURTHER HARM." Zeulord strokes his chin, while casting his gaze at Inki. "PERHAPS THE PANTHER WARRIOR CAN ACCOMPANY YOU. COME PANTHER WARRIOR." Zeulord gently rests his oversized hand onto Inki's head and stripes on his forehead glows brightly. "HE WILL BE OUR EYES AND YOUR SUPPORT IN TIMES OF NEED, MASTER MHINAK."

Maiora glides down from the tree with the aid of her vines and bends forward, one hand outstretched,

"Here take this. Whoever that cast doubts upon your alignment with The Guardians will be convinced otherwise."

19585310190_8d631d07a2_t.jpgInsignia of The Guardians (Grants the Diplomacy job trait, suitable for Mhinak only; accessory)

"NOW GO FORTH HERO, AND MAKE US PROUD."

<Let's go back to the rest! I hope they are still there! What do you say?>

What will Mhinak do?

Level 5 *Aligned with The Guardians*

Equipment: Red Handcannon (WP: 8), Insignia of The Guardians (Grants the Diplomacy job trait, suitable for Mhinak only; accessory)

18842140903_a1fdbece41_t.jpgInki The Panther Warrior *Takes suggestions from Mhinak*

1 Year Old Panther Cub

Level 5

Health: 25/25

Rolls:

1-3: Deals Damage 3x level

4-6: Nothing Happens

Note: Inki does not take damage from free hits and does not level up.

Edited by Purpearljellyblob

Kiray repeats her attack. "Who would've thought vines would be so difficult to hit?" she murmurs. At least it wasn't a dragon.

Sorry, been a bit busy and my internet has been unbelievably awful today. Everyone should be enamored with Miderun.

Miderun slammed her club into each and every enemy, and seemed quite pleased with herself - until the spidery creature sank a claw into her foot, causing her to draw back with a yelp.

"Not me...hmph. Idiot...weeds. Elnath, get the Winter Dryad, front row."

She swung at the Summer Dryad, but from the back row.

Battle Order

Kiray

Elnath

Bobby

Germ

Miderun

Na'im

Edited by CallMePie