CopMike

The what I did today thread ......

Spent most of today (and the last week, in fact) wondering what I can get my mate for his birthday as I've no ideas. It's his birthday on Friday. Crap...

Went to a dentist appointment, hooray for pointy objects!

Then I went to an Army/Navy store. Surpassed my expectations. Had what I was looking for: White gloves and ammo boxes. I got two white gloves and three NATO cartridge boxes. :classic:

Went to a dentist appointment, hooray for pointy objects!

Then I went to an Army/Navy store. Surpassed my expectations. Had what I was looking for: White gloves and ammo boxes. I got two white gloves and three NATO cartridge boxes. :classic:

Ah yes... You plan to go Mc.Gayver on Megablock's CEO megablocks right? You will put on the gloves to avoid fingerprints, then use a trigger to push a pin into the back of the cartrige to fire a 1.4 gram lead slug into the CEO's head. It's ingenious! How do you come up with this stuff?

Staudie.

Completed a few indexes on Tabletown(will do more tomorrow), and got a new Moderater job! :sweet:

Went to Chester Zoo yesterday. Had a great time, and the weather was nice to boot. Sadly, I can't go through the photos my sister took to see if there are any I like, as she took close-ups of a spider and a stick insect...

Then today it rained all day, so all I did was nip into town... rather quickly so as not to get too wet. :laugh:

Well, what I did today, was...

I went on Eurobricks for ages. :laugh: Then my girlfriend, Megan, and another best friend, Kayleigh, came to my house. We went in my bedroom and Kayleigh inspected my Lego Batman collection. Then we were messing about putting these Lego pieces over our eyes. :grin:

We then ventured out to the park, we're waaay too big and old for the park but we didn't break the swings, or the roundabout which I got very dizzy on. Then we hung out at my girlfriends house. Kayleigh arranged to come to my house tomorrow, to watch all 6 live actions films of the same type that came between 1966 and 2006... Can anyone guess what films they would be? I can think of at least two people on EB who would know straight away... :wink:

:skull:

Edited by Shoc

*looks at sig*

007?

oh, and i got a half of a jamocha. HALF IS NOT BETTER THEN NONE. LIES, ALL LIES!

Edited by maiq the liar

*looks at sig*

007?

I see no Bond in my sig.... :wacko:

Well, I'm not keen on those films, it's actually

the Batman films.

:wink::wub:

i watched MST3k: The Movie today. here's my 2 favorite quotes:

"D*mnit, i spilled my big gulp."
"OH NO TINKERBELL IS GOING DOWN OH NOOOO *sob* :cry_sad:"
Edited by maiq the liar

Kayleigh arranged to come to my house tomorrow, to watch all 6 live actions films of the same type that came between 1966 and 2006... Can anyone guess what films they would be? I can think of at least two people on EB who would know straight away... :wink:

I'm embarrassed to say, I didn't get this, especially as I'm one of them. To be fair though, I did somehow manage to read 1966 as 1996. :laugh:

Today I spent all morning in bed, then this afternoon I nipped into town and bought some Lego. Mediocre day, really.

I stayed home today to babysit my sis so I rented some movies for her to keep her occupied so decided to get out Batman Forever, it wasnt as good as the Dark Night but it was alright, howcome there is a different story to how Harvy became 2face? :wacko:

Edited by hollisbrick

howcome there is a different story to how Harvy became 2face? :wacko:

Different continuities. BB and TDK are a re-boot and have absolutely nothing to do with Batman, Batman Returns, Batman Forever and Batman & Robin.

I'm embarrassed to say, I didn't get this, especially as I'm one of them. To be fair though, I did somehow manage to read 1966 as 1996. :laugh:

Haha! :laugh:

Different continuities. BB and TDK are a re-boot and have absolutely nothing to do with Batman, Batman Returns, Batman Forever and Batman & Robin.

Yes, and they in turn are different versions than the comics.

On that note, yesterday the only Batman things we watched were Batman (first time - great film), Batman Returns, and two Bookworm episodes of '60s Batman series. Then we went a little off-track and watched Corpse Bride, The Simpsons Movie and Freaky Friday... :tongue:

Afterwards, I watched Batman And Robin, which I had not seen before. It was OK, but a bit dull and with a crazy script! Poison Ivy was way too over the top, Mr Freeze had weird lines, and why the hell was Barbara Alfred's niece?! :wacko:

Hmm... Well, tomorrow I go on holiday to Switzerland for just over two weeks, meaning the next time I get on Eurobricks would be the 1st or 2nd of September. The weather is forecast for rain from Sunday to Thursday, so I can stay in and read my selection of Batman, Dragonball Z and Watchmen book/s that I'm bringing. I hope I don't miss too much on Eurobricks during the time I am away! :sceptic:

Edited by Shoc

Haha! :laugh:

It's not like I have any excuses either, I was wearing my glasses and everything.

Afterwards, I watched Batman And Robin, which I had not seen before. It was OK, but a bit dull and with a crazy script! Poison Ivy was way too over the top, Mr Freeze had weird lines, and why the hell was Barbara Alfred's niece?! :wacko:

"Ice to see you" for example. And Babs certainly became a whole lot less-fanciable in the film.

Still, it did give us the Bat-nipples... :laugh:

I hope I don't miss too much on Eurobricks during the time I am away! :sceptic:

Like always happens to me. A big lull in decent news for weeks, then as soon as I don't get on for a few days, boom! News galore. :hmpf:

"Ice to see you" for example.

Not as bad as the line, "Adam and Evil!" :wacko:

And Babs certainly became a whole lot less-fanciable in the film.

They got the character really wrong... Similar with Robin too, he was more like Nightwing in the design of his things.

Still, it did give us the Bat-nipples... :laugh:

A strange film, but lots to laugh at. :grin:

Like always happens to me. A big lull in decent news for weeks, then as soon as I don't get on for a few days, boom! News galore. :hmpf:

I've been coming on Eurobricks very often recently... When more than two weeks go by, I'm definately gonna miss things in Switzerland. At least Lego is cheaper over there (maybe, it was last year). :thumbup:

Edited by Shoc

They got the character really wrong... Similar with Robin too, he was more like Nightwing in the design of his things.

Yeah... um... that's what I meant... sure.

Today I went to pick up my AS results (from the end of the first year of college), and ended up on the local independant radio station. :laugh:

well, i modded the tar out of morrowind. (and made my namesake appear in a house i downloaded :D)

I'll also tell you what i'll be doing tomorrow since i won't be in any condition to do it tomorrow (Dang IV Sedatives!). I'll be having 5 or 6 teeth (most of which are baby teeth, unusual at my age.) pulled due to my crappy genetics.

Edited by maiq the liar

Came out of the closet, sort of :tongue: Revealed myself as i came forth to the light ray! (In other words, created a forum Account, and wrote an introduction :classic:

Got my A level results today,

ugh,

That good, huh?

Today I finally got my braces off. It feels really weird... I have teeth again. :laugh:

I also picked up the local paper and found it full of people I know. I was in for the A-/AS-level results, both in writing and in a group picture. On the opposite page was an advert for my college with some of the new pictures from the new prospectus... One of which I was in. My mate was in that picture with me, and he was also in the picture below. Elsewhere in the paper he was in for the Duke of Edinburgh award, with two more of my friends. I swear, it's a coup. :laugh:

Update:

It went well, everything's nominal. my last thoughts before the Sedatives set in were regarding the different variants of mario 3.

Well, spent the night at a friend's house, played some Halo 3 and Rainbow Six Vegas 2. He got an iPhone, and he offered me his Palm Centro, but I gave it back after a few hours of use. I'd rather stick to my Motorola Slvr, something I'm used to. Went to see the Mummy 3 originally, but I decided since I hadn't seen the first two, we should see something else. So, we saw Stepbrothers with Will Ferrel instead. A lot of cussing, and a scene in which you see Will's, well, sack on a drum set. :sick: It was gross, you'd have to see the movie to know why he did it. Since I bought his brother a slushie at the theatre, when we got home, he gave me a bunch of stuff from his lego bin. LUL Luminara :wub: , Wookie Cheiftan, Yoda, Ep. III Obi Wan (without hairpiece :oh3: ), a stormtrooper, black R2-unit, Ep. III Anakin, Grand Moff Tarkin, and some parts from the Millenium Falcon and Star Destroyer, and a few extra parts. He was supposed to give me his LUL and regular Darth Vader, but he couldn't find either. :cry_sad: I guess me and Darthy just aren't ment to be. I was going to take his Jango Fett instead of Tarkin, but his arms and head were so loose it wasn't even funny, :sceptic: Not to mention his face was almost completely worn off. :tongue: Plus, my grandmother just returned from a trip to her old house (My uncle rents it from her now) and she brought home all my uncle's old legos! There might not be much left, because she let all the kids who played with them take what they built home. :hmpf_bad: But, hey, free classic legos! I'm hoping for some old Space figs! :thumbup: All in all, a pretty good day. Now, to wait for my BL order to arrive! :thumbup:

DSR

Edited by Dark Sword Ragnarok