just2good

DC Superheroes 2016 - Rumors and Discussion

I don't know if it's already been mentioned, but I think that's the first time the Elven spear has been used outside of LOTR/Hobbit.

It was used in the Ninjago airjitzu, as well as the Uruk Hai sword

Interesting. I wonder how "limited" this minifigure will be.

Edited by zipper778

Unless the other side of his face is different, yeah :P But if I had Dimensions I could see the appeal of just being able to play with the character. I've always been fond of him.

A dimensions polybag? Do we have any idea what it is gonna be a promo for?

It comes with LEGO Batman 4: Still Not Officially A Justice League Game

Jokes, someone actually mentioned over at the Dimensions thread, I think we should probably go there with our Dimensions stuff before the moderators get mad

Edited by Quicksilver838

A dimensions polybag? Do we have any idea what it is gonna be a promo for?

According to TheBrickFan, it may be a giveaway at E3 next month, along with Supergirl.

According to TheBrickFan, it may be a giveaway at E3 next month, along with Supergirl.

E3 exclusives now? LEGO are running out of events to give out exclusives to annoy people with.

E3 exclusives now? LEGO are running out of events to give out exclusives to annoy people with.

At least these aren't exclusive minifigures.

It seems like a lot of digital work had to be down for a promo piece, if there isn't going to be a wider release.

A normal plastic promo piece doesn't seem like it would be a lot of effort (or at least the normal about of extra effort). This seems excessive for a small print run.

Edited by medaron

It is only the golden stand that makes this figures different, I guess. So nothing to worry about for minifig collectors :) That is what I call a nice promotional giveaway!

Wish he had a different hood

While I can see why you'd want variety, you should be glad the minifigure isn't different. Since it's not going to be widely available, having it be the same lessens the blow.

I might get this just for a change of hairpiece and an extra DC character in my roster. My Green Arrow from the Darkseid set has a screwed up hairpiece, it literally just falls off. Wish we got a good for him, I don't like GA without a hood, personally.

I might get this just for a change of hairpiece and an extra DC character in my roster. My Green Arrow from the Darkseid set has a screwed up hairpiece, it literally just falls off. Wish we got a good for him, I don't like GA without a hood, personally.

Are you going to E3 like?

Oh crap I forgot. I hate exclusives. I hate them. I hate them with a passion. I guarantee someone from the CW shows will be the SDCC exclusive this year, likely alongside a movie character.

I think that there has only been one character each from DC and Marvel the last couple of years.

You only have to worry about missing one hypothetical SDCC figure. :classic:

I think that there has only been one character each from DC and Marvel the last couple of years.

You only have to worry about missing one hypothetical SDCC figure. :classic:

Thanks for the optimism :grin:

Oh crap I forgot. I hate exclusives. I hate them. I hate them with a passion. I guarantee someone from the CW shows will be the SDCC exclusive this year, likely alongside a movie character.

I think everyone does. The worst one relating to the movies to be exclusive would be Amanda Waller from suicide squad I think.

But getting back on topic, have we now seen everything DC coming in 2016 or can we expect a winter wave and possibly some more polybags?

Amanda Waller I think for many would be a lucky escape. Leto Joker, SS Harley, Knightmare Batman? That's what to expect.

As for anything else DC, there is the possibility of perhaps a new DC feature to be revealed later this year and likely a new polybag, but that should be it.

The next Winter Wave will be part of the 2017 line-up; we can expect information on that by what, July? August? Maybe even June? Fairly sure this thread was started in early June.

Amanda Waller I think for many would be a lucky escape. Leto Joker, SS Harley, Knightmare Batman? That's what to expect.

As for anything else DC, there is the possibility of perhaps a new DC feature to be revealed later this year and likely a new polybag, but that should be it.

The next Winter Wave will be part of the 2017 line-up; we can expect information on that by what, July? August? Maybe even June? Fairly sure this thread was started in early June.

Id say don't expect anything until Comic Con. Maybe a few days prior at best.

Id say don't expect anything until Comic Con. Maybe a few days prior at best.

Oh snap, we usually get a preview at Comic-Con don't we?

Yeah but it's usually posted online before Comic-Con so we see nothing new when it actually happens.

That Joker and Harley will undoubtedly come at some point in one of their future appearances. Knightmare Batman seems like a safe bet, although he too could show up if that horrible Darkseid future happens in JL. I wouldn't be too surprised if they gave us somebody from Legends or Supergirl, though.